WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft

Reaction Score
With Diamond declaring leaves just the Final 4 players to declare.

I think Boston is a lock. Czinano, Soule, Traylor, Williams etc. will likely all declare being 5th year players

Players that could go either way:
Alexis Morris
Liz Kitley
Zia Cooke
Brea Beal
Laeticia Amihere

How many more years does Morris have? Seems like she's been in college forever

Reaction Score
How many more years does Morris have? Seems like she's been in college forever

She mentioned the other day she has a year, must've gotten a redshirt the year she played 7 games at Rutgers, not sure. Regardless, she's likely gone.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Alexis morris is out of eligibility and beal said she’s leaving

Correct, I missed Beal saying she was definitely leaving but she did say that. Morris is likely gone too. So it's Kitley, Cooke, Amihere probably the three biggest decisions left.

Reaction Score

I think Boston is a lock. Czinano, Soule, Traylor, Williams etc. will likely all declare being 5th year players

Alexis Morris
Liz Kitley
Zia Cooke
Brea Beal
Laeticia Amihere
I’m intrigued to see what Kitley decides to do, I know she’s very close with her family but I think this season would be a great way to go out for her. It’ll be hard for VA Tech to replicate this again next year.

Reaction Score
I’m intrigued to see what Kitley decides to do, I know she’s very close with her family but I think this season would be a great way to go out for her. It’ll be hard for VA Tech to replicate this again next year.
Kitley is not WNBA ready. VT has the potential to still be very good next year if Kitley, Gregg and King use their extra year to rejoin Amoore. They will for sure get some good pieces from the portal too after their FF run.

Reaction Score
The difference in money is not that much to go to the W a year early. She could stay at SC for 2 more seasons. I think she's staying at least one more, but who knows
But the overseas money she could commany by being a lottery pick is where a huge difference could be.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Cooke made a comment about this being her last SEC tournament, or something to that effect

Reaction Score
Kitley is not WNBA ready. VT has the potential to still be very good next year if Kitley, Gregg and King use their extra year to rejoin Amoore. They will for sure get some good pieces from the portal too after their FF run.

Agreed, I'm leaning more and more towards Kitley staying, which after a portal addition or two would put VT right back in the Final 4 mix. She just seems so close to Georgia, Coach Brooks and the rest of the team to leave without a guarantee of making a roster. But we'll see. She's the most interesting decision left, IMO.

Reaction Score
But the overseas money she could commany by being a lottery pick is where a huge difference could be.
Having a dominant college season and then going into the pros is going to increase her overseas money. If it's about money, she can stay at SC and get NIL money while also getting to show her stuff as the starting center.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Correct, I missed Beal saying she was definitely leaving but she did say that. Morris is likely gone too. So it's Kitley, Cooke, Amihere probably the three biggest decisions left.

A good source says Kitley is going pro this year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Makes all the sense in the world to me. She's ready for the next level and I'm sure a lot of her endorsements will follow her to the WNBA and wherever she plays, both domestically and internationally.

Great career and best of luck in the WNBA.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Makes all the sense in the world to me. She's ready for the next level and I'm sure a lot of her endorsements will follow her to the WNBA and wherever she plays, both domestically and internationally.

Great career and best of luck in the WNBA.
Great decision. She will most likely be the #1 pick and cash in on that. No one knows at this time who will be in next year's draft, so...

Also I wonder if any of her eligible teammates were waiting for her decision?

Reaction Score

Alexis Morris
Liz Kitley
Zia Cooke
Brea Beal
Laeticia Amihere
This was Czinano’s fifth year.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I'm leaning more and more towards Kitley staying, which after a portal addition or two would put VT right back in the Final 4 mix. She just seems so close to Georgia, Coach Brooks and the rest of the team to leave without a guarantee of making a roster. But we'll see. She's the most interesting decision left, IMO.
I have no idea what she might do, but I don't think the portal is out of the question because of WNBA success being uncertain, and VT's prospects next year likely being significantly worse than this year. She seems to enjoy and be loyal to the program and I suspect that will rule the day, but if it comes down to championship goals, she would probably have a better chance at one of the other elite programs that needed an experienced proven C IMO.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what she might do, but I don't think the portal is out of the question because of WNBA success being uncertain, and VT's prospects next year likely being significantly worse than this year. She seems to enjoy and be loyal to the program and I suspect that will rule the day, but if it comes down to championship goals, she would probably have a better chance at one of the other elite programs that needed an experienced proven C IMO.
Isn’t Virginia tech only losing like one player? Taylor?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Traylor, Gregg, and Soule have all exhausted their eligibility. Kitley should go pro...
Kitley should transfer to UConn, learn all she can in her one season under Geno and CD and be better prepared for professional basketball. :):rolleyes:

Now I am going to swerve back to the intent of this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kitley should transfer to UConn, learn all she can in her one season under Geno and CW and be better prepared for professional basketball. :):rolleyes:

Now I am going to swerve back to the intent of this thread.

Maybe depends on who CW is

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If Kitley isn't pro ready now, is 1 more year going to make any difference? She's been a very good college player for several years, I just don't see her adding much to her game she doesn't already have. Either she's good enough for the WNBA or she isn't, a 5th year isn't going to move the needle much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom