WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft

Reaction Score

I think she meant doesn't include players through the Elite 8. The kids who lost last two nights have 48 hours after their game to declare. Big names in that group would be, who still have COVID year

Jacy Sheldon
Haley Cavinder
Hailey Van Lith (is eligible for draft technically, has two years of eligiblilty)
Diamond Miller
Lavender Briggs
Lola Pendande

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Anyone see any surprises on the list that didn't make an announcement about either leaving or coming back?

Reaction Score
Some names eligible to declare but didn't declare (likely using COVID year)
Aubrey Griffin
Jaylyn Sherrod
Alissa Pili
Marquesha Davis
Shaylee Gonzales
Kaylynne Truong
Brynna Maxwell
Bella Murekaitete
Endiya Rogers

I'm sure there's many I'm missing. We already knew about a bunch like Jackson

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Anyone see any surprises on the list that didn't make an announcement about either leaving or coming back?
Aside from the big names (ex. Jones, Horston, Siegrist) it looked like mostly 5th year seniors out of eligibility.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess we now need a list for the COVID thread of senior players that didn't declare...
I really don't pay much attention to other teams, but I guess I would be more surprised by those that didn't declare.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin
Jaylyn Sherrod
Alissa Pili
Marquesha Davis
Shaylee Gonzales
Kaylynne Truong
Brynna Maxwell
Bella Murekaitete
Endiya Rogers

You can add Bueckers to the list as well if you have Griffin who is a redshirt Junior.

Reaction Score
Jacy Sheldon
Haley Cavinder
Hailey Van Lith (is eligible for draft technically, has two years of eligiblilty)
Diamond Miller
Lavender Briggs
Lola Pendande
Lavender announced she’ll be back next season.

Reaction Score
If I were Cardoso and SC wins their second title in a row, I would leave this year. She could be a lottery pick this year, but not so much next year.

Reaction Score
If I were Cardoso and SC wins their second title in a row, I would leave this year. She could be a lottery pick this year, but not so much next year.
The difference in money is not that much to go to the W a year early. She could stay at SC for 2 more seasons. I think she's staying at least one more, but who knows

Reaction Score
I think she meant doesn't include players through the Elite 8. The kids who lost last two nights have 48 hours after their game to declare. Big names in that group would be, who still have COVID year

Jacy Sheldon
Haley Cavinder
Diamond Miller
Lavender Briggs
Lola Pendande
Haley Cavinder already said she's using her 5th year. Of the players on this list, I predict that Miller is the only who declares for the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Haley Cavinder already said she's using her 5th year. Of the players on this list, I predict that Miller is the only who declares for the WNBA.
Agreed, I’m also interested to what Sheldon decides to do

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Thanks - this was helpful. And dang, that's a LOT of talent that's going to go undrafted, let alone the talent that is drafted and dropped after training camp. Not sure there's a crueler gauntlet in all of pro sports than trying to make the W's opening day roster lists.
Seeing that the WNBA has a opt-in clause this draft that allows eligible players to retain their COVID year eligibility, I am guessing that those players that don't get drafted can return to the school of their choice. Please note, I am guessing.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin
Jaylyn Sherrod
Alissa Pili
Marquesha Davis
Shaylee Gonzales
Kaylynne Truong
Brynna Maxwell
Bella Murekaitete
Endiya Rogers

Didn't Gonzales announce she was returning as well? Think it was posted in the COVID year thread.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I have been searching for where it is stated by the WNBA that draft eligible players that opt-in for this year's draft do not have to renounce their remaining eligibility. I haven't found it yet.
As I read the COVID year related rules, the W adopted the opt-in feature that allowed players that had remaining eligibility due to the NCAA's COVID rules to notify the WNBA that they wish to be included in the draft (opt-in) and therefore renounce their remaining eligibility.
I think that it is a possibility that opt-in players do retain their collegiate eligibility because some posted on their draft eligible announcements that they were also entering the portal.

Afterall, this is the title of the latest draft information on the WNBA website:

NCAA Players Renounce NCAA Eligibility To Opt-In For Consideration For 2023 WNBA Draft Presented By State Farm​

Last edited:
Reaction Score

She is going to be special in the League. I think she has that WNBA skill set and with continued improvement, in two or three years, she could be one the best players in the League.

Reaction Score
With Diamond declaring leaves just the Final 4 players to declare.

I think Boston is a lock. Czinano, Soule, Traylor, Williams etc. will likely all declare being 5th year players

Players that could go either way:
Alexis Morris
Liz Kitley
Zia Cooke
Brea Beal
Laeticia Amihere

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads