Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness?

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is normally my team to root for if UConn is out but they aren’t making the tourney either. So I’ll go with Virginia. Respectable program with a respectful coach who almost never gets elite recruits (Guy is an exception). A team with emphasis on toughness, defense, and chemistry. Go Cavaliers

Reaction Score
Depends on how the brackets are built up. I think I will adopt a team from each region, as long as they have a decent shot, and pull for them.

Nwestern was a great story last year and I pulled for them but I also had a few other more realistic teams from other regions.

So, with that in mind, I would like to see Rhode Island do well, it would be fun to see them in a FF.

Auburn would be a South Carolina type story and would at least, SOMEWHAT, validate Uconn getting spanked, slaughtered and slammed all in one against the Tigers. That or Arkansas, pulling for them too. Or Oregon doing well again would validate Uconns win.

I have nothing against Virginia, they would be my third.

St. Marys would be a fun team to cheer for. A non-Gonzaga mid mid major underdog. Same with Nevada.

It would be cool to see Missouri, Tennessee or Clemson go deep, nothing against them.

Houston, WSU and Cincy are clearly teams to pull for, for the sake of the conference.

On the flipside, I will be rooting against Zona to piss off my sister who is an alum (ha, I kid), UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, BC (if they were to make it, doubtful), Seton Hall, Miami, WVirginia, Providence, UCLA, Lville, Nova, MSU, Florida, Oklahoma (only because I am so sick of the Young hype) and Vtech.

Reaction Score
This might seem strange but my adopted team is in Division 3. My son goes to Hamilton College and last year I watched a few of their games and they were pretty good but missed the NCAA Tournament. Their best players were all freshmen and sophomores and I thought their best player was a freshman who didn't even start. So after the season was over I told all my son's friends that they were going to the NCAA Tournament this season. They haven't done that since 2004 so it wasn't an easy prediction.

They're now 22-3 and in the semifinals of the NESCAC Tournament (winner gets an automatic bid), ranked 15th in the country (probably will be higher on Monday) and looking like a lock for the Division 3 NCAA Tournament. That freshman who didn't start last year is now their leading scorer.

So in this awful season for UConn I at least have a team to follow and root for that is a good story. Not exactly the same kind of stakes as Division 1 but it's been kind of fun to follow them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I pretty much root against everyone.

I want the ACC to go 0-9 in the first round. The Big Ten will go 0-fer without my having to do anything, so I don’t worry about that. I don’t care about the Pac-12, the Big 12 can drown in a well and the SEC is garbage in March. I want all of those teams to lose and when they play each other, I hope it ends 32-31 after three overtime’s.

If I can’t have a Cincy-Wichita title game, I want four 16 seeds in the Final Four.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Wife graduated from Auburn. Live in Montgomery. War Eagle.

Reaction Score
URI of course. Bona if they can get in. Houston would be my other team. I'm sick of hearing about Chris Mullin, and Louie, and how great St. John's was in the 80s, and how great it would be if they rise up. Well, Houston HAS risen up, and they were greater in the 80s than St. John's was, with two title game appearances to St. John's none, and three Final Fours to St. John's one. Also, Hakeem, and Clyde were greater players than Mullin and Berry, yet Houston gets zero love from the media. I think they're gonna be a force in the AAC for years to come, which is a very good thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This might seem strange but my adopted team is in Division 3. My son goes to Hamilton College and last year I watched a few of their games and they were pretty good but missed the NCAA Tournament. Their best players were all freshmen and sophomores and I thought their best player was a freshman who didn't even start. So after the season was over I told all my son's friends that they were going to the NCAA Tournament this season. They haven't done that since 2004 so it wasn't an easy prediction.

They're now 22-3 and in the semifinals of the NESCAC Tournament (winner gets an automatic bid), ranked 15th in the country (probably will be higher on Monday) and looking like a lock for the Division 3 NCAA Tournament. That freshman who didn't start last year is now their leading scorer.

So in this awful season for UConn I at least have a team to follow and root for that is a good story. Not exactly the same kind of stakes as Division 1 but it's been kind of fun to follow them.

Eastern is 11th in the lastest poll and just won the Little East for like the 6th straight time.

Looks like their best team - I think the best they have done in this run is one Sweet 16.

They have a good chance of ending up in the same place. Outside shot of Willimantic.

Reaction Score
Gonna have to change that name bro

Nah “bro” I’m secure with my name. I was at one time a huge Ollie supporter but now feel he needs to go. Nothing wrong with that. If someone had told us Ollie would win a championship in his first 6 years as coach we would have all signed up for that. Time for our program to go in another direction

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
All upsets. Chaos. Given what the season has been, it would be both fitting and fun.

Reaction Score
Wife graduated from Auburn. Live in Montgomery. War Eagle.

Never with that cheating blow hard as a coach, anyone else coaching I'd agree.

For me in AAC only WSU maybe. The other 2 between Cronin and Rob Gray UH no way. I say that now but if they are underdogs I will change accordingly.

UVA I like but can't stand games in the 50's, Xavier, Butler, Creighton I like but not a BE fan these days. URI most certainly they are New England. If a Kansas State, Texas or Ok State makes it maybe. I think ultimately you have to wait for the match ups in the first round then decide who your team will be as you see the potential match ups from there on in.

It's still fun to watch the Madness but man it sucks not having skin in the game expect a few pools. Huskies need to get back to normal or at least somewhat normal. I know what that takes I get it!;)

Reaction Score
Villanova. Jay Wright’s a fantastic coach who gets the most out of his players, not only because he recruits the right players to fit his style of game.

I miss the Big East.

Reaction Score
Anyone playing against URI, The IVY league champs since I m a league alum

Reaction Score
Love to see Xavier make the final four one of these years. Nice program that seems over achieve year in and year out.

Reaction Score
Boy are you going to look silly after we win the American and make our post season run.

Have you watched us play this year?? I hope I am wrong and this post has the mojo of Maker’s Muppet, but I’m not betting anything of value on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom