Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness?

Reaction Score
Right now I cheer for various bubble teams to be knocked out of the tournament. Teams like Syracuse and Providence are high on that list. Cuse lost tonight and is in 10th place in the ACC. Providence game was suspended because of we floors at Dunkin with Prov down.

Reaction Score
Ok, so we clearly aren't going anywhere this year. Most people will probably pick one of their least hated teams and route for them. Who do have and why?
May be a bit silly for some but i dont adopt teams. Its uconn or bust! Ill watch and hope for an exciting tourney and may follow a cinderella out of curiosity or in hopes of them knocking off one of the big boys but thats about it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Would love to see Wichita go all the way.
Also, much respect for Nova, URI, UVM.

Reaction Score
Been rooting for URI all season. When it became clear we only had an outside shot at the NIT...I started following Rhode Island closer. Love/loved their guards but EC Mathews has regressed as a player big time. Injury or not the kid can't go right to save his life after FIVE years. He is a career 32 % 3pt shooter/this year 28% yet he often is the designated sniper in crunch time.

Off the court an assistant coach was arrested pre-season as well as Stanford Robinson for getting in a brawl at a concert. SR was suspended. Now that we are headed toward tourney time my hope is that it somehow all comes together. The talent is there. The potential is there. I want this team to be very very good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cincy. Love him or hate him, Cronin is a solid Coach. He'd turn this ship around in short order.

Reaction Score
This might seem strange but my adopted team is in Division 3. My son goes to Hamilton College and last year I watched a few of their games and they were pretty good but missed the NCAA Tournament. Their best players were all freshmen and sophomores and I thought their best player was a freshman who didn't even start. So after the season was over I told all my son's friends that they were going to the NCAA Tournament this season. They haven't done that since 2004 so it wasn't an easy prediction.

They're now 22-3 and in the semifinals of the NESCAC Tournament (winner gets an automatic bid), ranked 15th in the country (probably will be higher on Monday) and looking like a lock for the Division 3 NCAA Tournament. That freshman who didn't start last year is now their leading scorer.

So in this awful season for UConn I at least have a team to follow and root for that is a good story. Not exactly the same kind of stakes as Division 1 but it's been kind of fun to follow them.
So Hamilton did make the NCAA Tournament and upset the top seed in their part of the bracket last night. They don't really have 1-16 seeds because they keep schools regionally in 8 team pods for the first 2 rounds and 4 teams pods in the 3rd and 4th rounds so the teams don't have to travel far for games. No plane rides for D3 (until the Final Four). Now they're in the Sweet 16. Let's Go Continentals!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm in on Michigan. Like Beilein and think they've got a fun team. Play D and can score
Me too. I went to Michigan for graduate school so I'll go with the maize and blue in the D1 NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
Springtime's Great Outdoors ... and looking forward to ideally giving a hoot for 2019 March Madness.

Reaction Score
Fairfield is playing for the MAAC Championship tonight, they would be my team to root for if they make the "Big Dance".
Go Stags!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cincinnati or Temple (if they handle their business)

UVM - New England team that we never have to worry about competing against, embarrassed ‘Cuse in the tourney last decade, and has a decent track record of putting CT kids in good spots to succeed (O’Day, Steidl, Payen).

Virginia baby.

WSU,UVA or Xavier
Never Cinci - the mental midget is revolting

NEBRASKA

Anyone playing against URI, The IVY league champs since I m a league alum

St. Mary’s. Ollie take a lesson

Arizona because I went to high school with one of their walk ons. Also probably have to root for AAC teams to go as far as possible

CCSU...

Gotta make the NEC tournament first tho

Wichita St. is a pleasure to watch. They will be my mistress.

Bucknell if they make it, Temple if they make it

UVM. I live 20 miles from campus. Go Cats Go

Would love to see Wichita go all the way.
Also, much respect for Nova, URI, UVM.

The winner of Fairfield vs. Quinipiac.

Fairfield is playing for the MAAC Championship tonight, they would be my team to root for if they make the "Big Dance".
Go Stags!

St. Mary's. They're about a half hour away from where I live.

Kisses of death.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If anyone wants a ticket to the Loyola bandwagon I saved a few seats.

Good luck Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
AEB91110-F412-4A56-B22E-6C30FCAB740B.gif
Kisses of death.

Reaction Score
If Cincy can get by Nevada tomorrow night, they face Loyola in what would be a rematch of the 1963 nat'l. championship game. That will get a lot of play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom