Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness?

Reaction Score
Texas A&M. Put $20 on them in Vegas and will get $1,000 if they win it all.
Texas A & M before losing Wilson for the season and JJ Caldwell to dismissal was a nice 100/1 pick. Injuries and suspensions can derail Futures picks in a blink of an eye. The suspension also cost them a couple games.

They are still close to 20 KP though and URI is closer to 30 so that gives you some perspective. Anything is possible.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It feels like there are plenty of teams to root for this year, more so than in past years. Rhody would be #1 for me, then some combination of Wichita State, Xavier, Nova, St. Mary's, Arizona State, West Virginia, etc. Even a program like Auburn is likable to me despite whatever shady stuff you think is going on - the guy can coach and it's highly preferable to Calipari or another boring Florida team. Texas Tech and Purdue are in the mix and wouldn't be bad, either, and Northwestern is pasting Michigan State last I checked.

Sparty turned that around right quick.

upload_2018-2-17_16-17-50.png

Reaction Score
"Cuse...Just kidding. I'll find some sappy Cinderella to root for once the teams are announced. And, I'll root for whatever AAC teams make it in. But, I'll spend my time focusing on the women's team..:):cool:

Reaction Score
Texas A & M before losing Wilson for the season and JJ Caldwell to dismissal was a nice 100/1 pick. Injuries and suspensions can derail Futures picks in a blink of an eye. The suspension also cost them a couple games.

They are still close to 20 KP though and URI is closer to 30 so that gives you some perspective. Anything is possible.
Yeah, the bet was early on in the season. I was looking over all the teams on KenPom for the best reasonable team with the lowest chance of winning it. T A&M was top 10 in both defnense and offense at the time and was a 500/1. Not looking good now but anything can happen lol

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
UVM - New England team that we never have to worry about competing against, embarrassed ‘Cuse in the tourney last decade, and has a decent track record of putting CT kids in good spots to succeed (O’Day, Steidl, Payen).

So who are you switching to in the 2nd round?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
WSU,UVA or Xavier
Never Cinci - the mental midget is revolting

Reaction Score
Rhode Island, Cincy, Wichita State, Houston, Nevada, Gonzaga, West Virginia, UVM, Texas Tech, Virginia

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Virginia for major programs, and I actually like Sean Miller unlike others so usually AZ is my go to, but I don’t love them this year. We’ll see how I feel about them come tourney time.

Otherwise, I go local with what looks like a solid - if not best around here in a LONG time - year for our “little 4” of Bonnies, UB, Canisius/ Niagara.

Reaction Score
If I could only pick one, I'd go with URI. Beyond that, have to root for the conference and not-Duke/UK/KU/Nova/Cuse

Reaction Score
No ACC teams, ever. Virginia usually chokes anyways and I suspect they will again. No B1G either.

Reaction Score
Ok, so we clearly aren't going anywhere this year. Most people will probably pick one of their least hated teams and route for them. Who do have and why?

AAC in this order:

CINCINNATI, Houston, Wichita

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
PC and URI. Love the brand of Basketball that both play. Actually went to a couple of PC games at the Dunk this year and had a great time and some amazing Italian food on Federal Hill. (Camille’s)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don't want URI to do that well.

Just enough to make Hurley palatable but hopefully some other guys jump up ahead of him for P5 jobs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom