Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness? | The Boneyard

Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness?

Reaction Score
Ok, so we clearly aren't going anywhere this year. Most people will probably pick one of their least hated teams and route for them. Who do have and why?

Reaction Score
Usually the Badgers - but they stink also this year. So have to think about this one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Cincy, because they are the only other school in the country that got screwed almost as badly as we did in the conference realignment shuffle; because they are in our shythole of a conference and not the P5; and because I actually enjoy watching Cronin.

Reaction Score
Cincy, because they are the only other school in the country that got screwed almost as badly as we did in the conference realignment shuffle; because they are in our shythole of a conference and not the P5; and because I actually enjoy watching Cronin.
Almost as badly? Nah.

They were in the Big East for less than a decade and have only a fraction of the historical success that UConn has.

I can’t root for Cinci as long as Cronin’s there. He’s a solid coach, but you’d think he’s a HOFer with the way he runs his mouth.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UVM - New England team that we never have to worry about competing against, embarrassed ‘Cuse in the tourney last decade, and has a decent track record of putting CT kids in good spots to succeed (O’Day, Steidl, Payen).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Almost as badly? Nah.

They were in the Big East for less than a decade and have only a fraction of the historical success that UConn has.

I can’t root for Cinci as long as Cronin’s there. He’s a solid coach, but you’d think he’s a HOFer with the way he runs his mouth.
Yes they are second to us but definitely got screwed worse than anyone else besides us imo.

I have one friend who is a Cincy fan and he’s a great guy whom I’d like to see rewarded for his longtime fandom.

And Cronin has paid his dues. The reason he runs his mouth so much is because he has Little Man Syndrome. He can’t help it. He’s a prig and his temper can be cringeworthy and I don’t know how some of his players haven’t hit him. But I like his fire and drive and he puts on a good show.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
anyone playing against Duke, UNC, Kansas, BC, Cuse, Nova, etc

Pretty much. Though I actively root against those particular teams; the opposing team isn't even part of my calculus. I want the teams above to brick shots, choke, get screwed by the refs, trip over their own two feet, etc. I relish their abject failure and bathe myself in their misery.

Reaction Score
And also because it’s about damn time they did something in March this century (two sweet sixteen, 2001 and 2012)

Reaction Score
It feels like there are plenty of teams to root for this year, more so than in past years. Rhody would be #1 for me, then some combination of Wichita State, Xavier, Nova, St. Mary's, Arizona State, West Virginia, etc. Even a program like Auburn is likable to me despite whatever shady stuff you think is going on - the guy can coach and it's highly preferable to Calipari or another boring Florida team. Texas Tech and Purdue are in the mix and wouldn't be bad, either, and Northwestern is pasting Michigan State last I checked.

Reaction Score
You’d think uri with all the man love for Hurley here. I can go with any aac team including the 5 th team to get in, and crowd favorites aac tournament champions UConn huskies. But getting out of conference and region, I’d say Michigan State, unc, LSU, UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, and any other program that has dirt on their hands. I don’t take the NCAA stuff lightly, so I want as much light cast on the whole charade as long as we’re not in it. Call it sour grapes. But it’s time for the curtain to get pulled back and the real players to get called out and held accountable for all the permissive behavior. Sorry to be a downer. But go for number #5!

Reaction Score
UVM - New England team that we never have to worry about competing against, embarrassed ‘Cuse in the tourney last decade, and has a decent track record of putting CT kids in good spots to succeed (O’Day, Steidl, Payen).

Mike Trimboli from Trinity Catholic played there from 05-09, was pretty good, used to watch him play in highschool when Trinity used to have some epically good teams. Was on same team as Craig Austrie i believe

Mike Trimboli College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Reaction Score
You’d think uri with all the man love for Hurley here. I can go with any aac team including the 5 th team to get in, and crowd favorites aac tournament champions UConn huskies. But getting out of conference and region, I’d say Michigan State, unc, LSU, UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, and any other program that has dirt on their hands. I don’t take the NCAA stuff lightly, so I want as much light cast on the whole charade as long as we’re not in it. Call it sour grapes. But it’s time for the curtain to get pulled back and the real players to get called out and held accountable for all the permissive behavior. Sorry to be a downer. But go for number #5!

The question is do we want URI to go far (and then have to pay more for Hurley) or want them to win 1 or 2 games and then lose?

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
URI - at the podium, Danny Hurley can say all along he wanted to coach at UConn and he would be leaving effective immediately, to lead UConn to another title, just to force Emmert to make a speech and give another trophy to UConn #HungryHuskies

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing URI make an elite eight run. That would give them two since the last time PC did the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom