Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who Is Your Adopted Team for March Madness?

Reaction Score
Michigan State and Gonzaga. Tom Izzo is one of the greatest coaches in the game. Skill development is one of his greatest traits. Develops his players each year. Mark Few can fall into that same range. Turns a small school into a mid-major power and now that mid-major power is a consistent top 15 power in the nation. Often pushing some of the major powers in games.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
URI. My dad went there, I considered going there, have followed the program for years.
Go Rams.
I’d also root for the Ivy rep, which looks like it will be Penn.
Also whoever plays Duke in the first round.

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Wichita State. A very likable team that plays Geno Ball. Legit final four contender.
found myself rooting for them at times today over us with their passing and shooting. was fun to watch.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
found myself rooting for them at times today over us with their passing and shooting. was fun to watch.

They can be a lot of fun to watch - love watching Wichita and Nova play.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They can be a lot of fun to watch - love watching Wichita and Nova play.
Haven't seen enough of Wichita, but I've really liked watching Nova play for the past several years despite my irrational hatred of the school. That's how I know they must be good, because it's almost akin to me saying I enjoy watching BC or 'Cuse, which I have never said in my life.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This might seem strange but my adopted team is in Division 3. My son goes to Hamilton College and last year I watched a few of their games and they were pretty good but missed the NCAA Tournament. Their best players were all freshmen and sophomores and I thought their best player was a freshman who didn't even start. So after the season was over I told all my son's friends that they were going to the NCAA Tournament this season. They haven't done that since 2004 so it wasn't an easy prediction.

They're now 22-3 and in the semifinals of the NESCAC Tournament (winner gets an automatic bid), ranked 15th in the country (probably will be higher on Monday) and looking like a lock for the Division 3 NCAA Tournament. That freshman who didn't start last year is now their leading scorer.

So in this awful season for UConn I at least have a team to follow and root for that is a good story. Not exactly the same kind of stakes as Division 1 but it's been kind of fun to follow them.

Hamilton is a strong D-3 program.

And I LOVE this Nova team, I can’t hate them. I love Brunson maybe more than any player in the country.

Reaction Score
Ok, so we clearly aren't going anywhere this year. Most people will probably pick one of their least hated teams and route for them. Who do have and why?
Won’t bother watching.

Reaction Score
Final 4 of these 6: Auburn, Arizona, OK State, USC, Miami, L'Ville........the all FBI Final 4! Ofcourse many other schools may be included in FBI probe but these we know for sure.

Reaction Score
Despite a couple of WTF losses Nova is the best team in the country, IMO. It would be weird having them win their third but I love northeast hoops and I like seeing the all basketball schools do well, plus Jay Wright is a good dude.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Rhody win it all. Otherwise, a final four of Rhody plus three major programs that are forced to vacate their appearance....

Reaction Score
Arizona because I went to high school with one of their walk ons. Also probably have to root for AAC teams to go as far as possible

Reaction Score
Wichita St. is a pleasure to watch. They will be my mistress.

Reaction Score
Nevada loses it's starting PG for the rest of the season-Lindsey Drew, huge blow for a team that could have gone deep in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Nevada loses it's starting PG for the rest of the season-Lindsey Drew, huge blow for a team that could have gone deep in the tourney.

This is good for Musselman’s resume...if he can win without a point PG he may be just the coach we’re looking for

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Chaos. I'll be rooting for chaos. I want the brackets littered with upsets.

It will be difficult to watch knowing that a bunch of teams likely have a scandal hanging over their heads, though.

Reaction Score
This might seem strange but my adopted team is in Division 3. My son goes to Hamilton College and last year I watched a few of their games and they were pretty good but missed the NCAA Tournament. Their best players were all freshmen and sophomores and I thought their best player was a freshman who didn't even start. So after the season was over I told all my son's friends that they were going to the NCAA Tournament this season. They haven't done that since 2004 so it wasn't an easy prediction.

They're now 22-3 and in the semifinals of the NESCAC Tournament (winner gets an automatic bid), ranked 15th in the country (probably will be higher on Monday) and looking like a lock for the Division 3 NCAA Tournament. That freshman who didn't start last year is now their leading scorer.

So in this awful season for UConn I at least have a team to follow and root for that is a good story. Not exactly the same kind of stakes as Division 1 but it's been kind of fun to follow them.

Can he shoot?

Reaction Score
Ok, so we clearly aren't going anywhere this year. Most people will probably pick one of their least hated teams and route for them. Who do have and why?
UVM. I live 20 miles from campus. Go Cats Go

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom