Who is the team to beat next Year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is the team to beat next Year?

Reaction Score
Geno better change his tune about the Portal and quick because it literally is a big determining factor on who wins Titles. I don't think LSU wins this year without the Portal nor SC last year if they didn't grab Cardosa.

Reaction Score
Kim and Dawn I agree are very good coaches however Kim had Griner and won how many NCs and Dawn had Asia and won how many NC. There are some coaches out there that said Geno doesnt develop bigs to get bigs to play for them. Look at UConns bigs compared to every other coach in WCBB
I don’t know if Geno develops bigs better but I think he puts them in better positions to succeed than the others. Dawn did Aliyah a disservice this year by not building the team around her skillset more.

Reaction Score
UConn, LSU, Stanford, South Carolina, and whoever gets a few primo players from the transfer portal.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Other than UConn, and SoCar recently, what other Final Four teams have made it there in back to back years?

Reaction Score
Other than UConn, and SoCar recently, what other Final Four teams have made it there in back to back years?
Stanford in ‘21 and ‘22, ND in ‘18 and ‘19, Miss State in ‘17 and ‘18

Reaction Score
Seriously? Then why are you here?
I didn’t say UConn wouldn’t be good. Just don’t think they will have all the pieces needed to win it all. We will see. Toughness might be a problem. We have the sleek players who play with flair, but do we have enough grit grinders that are willing to do the dirty work ( and who can stay healthy) that is needed to win it all. But the good thing is that we are gonna see it play out. I know one thing, win or lose, it will be another fun and entertaining season in Storrs. I thought this past season was very enjoyable and entertaining. All the games we very close and competitive, which added to the enjoyment of watching the games. I suspect next season will be very similar from a competition standpoint.

Reaction Score
Don't think there's an obvious frontrunner, but it will likely be the deepest group of NCAAWBB talent in the history of the game.

UConn brings back a NPOY to add to a team with two more potential AA's
3 of the 4 F4 teams bring back their All-American level best player
The only one that doesn't is SC... who isn't going away
Stanford still has Brink, Jump, etc.
Utah bring everyone back
ND has Miles, Citron, Westbeld etc.
Hailey Van Lith back at Louisville, Holmes back at Indiana, Sheldon/McMahon back at OSU, Jackson back at Tenn

Transfer portal will continue to make things very interesting

Reaction Score
Geno better change his tune about the Portal and quick because it literally is a big determining factor on who wins Titles. I don't think LSU wins this year without the Portal nor SC last year if they didn't grab Cardosa.
Does UConn have any available scholarships? I don’t think Geno would pull anyone’s scholarships.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but I think this was Clark’s best chance to win one. Iowa’s losing Czinano and Warnock and I’m not sure they’re gonna be as good next year.
To the PORTAL we, Iowa, will go!!!!!!!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

12. Maryland Terrapins

No coach has restocked better over the past few years than Brenda Frese. She has a little more to do heading into next season. Diamond Miller is off to the WNBA, so Shyanne Sellers will now be the No. 1 option. The return of Faith Masonius, Lavender Briggs and Brinae Alexander as graduate students gives Frese a more substantial foundation than she had at this time last year. Riley Nelson, a 6-0 guard and local product, heads a solid recruiting class, and the Terps still have three scholarships available. Expect some more additions from the transfer portal.

The last line is so important. If the get a quality PG and a quality post, they're in the mix as well. There are two local transfers that are perfect for them. Brenda just needs to sign them.

Would she want Park-Lane?

Orc

Reaction Score
I would have never thought there was a chance the Paige Bueckers would leave UConn without one NC. Right now I think there is a better chance of her not winning a NC. UConn might not be a top 4 team next year. UConn will certainly have their work cut out for them.
Unless Uconn upgrades their post then I see Lsu being a favorite for next year.

Reaction Score
UCONN, I think LSU and South Carolina will be good again and probably get some talent from the portal. Maybe if Iowa can snag some help from the portal.
Even with Boston gone to the wnba, they will still have a formidable front court. When you have a6’7” post it spells trouble for the competition.

Reaction Score
Even with Boston gone to the wnba, they will still have a formidable front court. When you have a6’7” post it spells trouble for the competition.
Definitely. I think she’ll do really well too being the starting center. She’s very efficient and of course TALL

Reaction Score
They’ll likely lose their whole starting lineup and 6 of their top 8.

Reaction Score
I would have never thought there was a chance the Paige Bueckers would leave UConn without one NC. Right now I think there is a better chance of her not winning a NC. UConn might not be a top 4 team next year. UConn will certainly have their work cut out for them.
This is nuts- but, I think UConn is in need of a good center from the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say UConn wouldn’t be good. Just don’t think they will have all the pieces needed to win it all. We will see. Toughness might be a problem. We have the sleek players who play with flair, but do we have enough grit grinders that are willing to do the dirty work ( and who can stay healthy) that is needed to win it all. But the good thing is that we are gonna see it play out. I know one thing, win or lose, it will be another fun and entertaining season in Storrs. I thought this past season was very enjoyable and entertaining. All the games we very close and competitive, which added to the enjoyment of watching the games. I suspect next season will be very similar from a competition standpoint.
You don't think Nika, Aubrey, Yanna and AE are tough and gritty?

Reaction Score
Minnesota. We want all the smoke.
Oh Yeah Party GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020