Who is the team to beat next Year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is the team to beat next Year?

Reaction Score
If UCONN isn't #1 rated the fix is in!
UCONN lost a few times this year when the game was theirs to take. They didn't have player or players that could step up and make the big play that killed the will of their opponent. A healthy Paige might give them that piece and they will certainly be in the discussion.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I would have never thought there was a chance the Paige Bueckers would leave UConn without one NC. Right now I think there is a better chance of her not winning a NC. UConn might not be a top 4 team next year. UConn will certainly have their work cut out for them.
Seriously? Then why are you here?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think a better thread would be "of this year's Final Four teams, who will be there next year?".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would have never thought there was a chance the Paige Bueckers would leave UConn without one NC. Right now I think there is a better chance of her not winning a NC. UConn might not be a top 4 team next year. UConn will certainly have their work cut out for them.

Paige has potentially 3 more years at UConn, counting a redshirt for this season plus a Covid year. I don't know how long she'll stay, but it could be more than next year.

Reaction Score

12. Maryland Terrapins

No coach has restocked better over the past few years than Brenda Frese. She has a little more to do heading into next season. Diamond Miller is off to the WNBA, so Shyanne Sellers will now be the No. 1 option. The return of Faith Masonius, Lavender Briggs and Brinae Alexander as graduate students gives Frese a more substantial foundation than she had at this time last year. Riley Nelson, a 6-0 guard and local product, heads a solid recruiting class, and the Terps still have three scholarships available. Expect some more additions from the transfer portal.

The last line is so important. If the get a quality PG and a quality post, they're in the mix as well. There are two local transfers that are perfect for them. Brenda just needs to sign them.

Reaction Score
Hard to root for LSU but they deserved this win .. Kim isn’t going away anytime soon.. as long as they whoop SC ever year I’m a happy person

Reaction Score
I think its crazy to even discuss any of this until we get through portal season. How many rosters have been changes (for better or worse) each year after the portal

Reaction Score
I am really surprised at some of the responses which seem to be heavily weighted by a reaction to this year, not the prospects for next year. There are some things that need to go our way on the health front, but other than that I don't see any team matching us at positions 1-4. If we get pretty good production at the 5 we should be the best.

I frankly don't see how VT or Iowa could be as good. South Carolina won't be as good, but still very good. They could still have the best C in the country with Cardosa, for sure in the top hand-full, have plenty of other bigs that performed well in limited minutes, but still need that outside shooting.

Stanford should be near the top again, they lose Jones but return their twin towers with Brink and Betts, and Jump is coming back. LSU is obviously a national power under Mulkey, their superstar returns, and I worry a little they will pull in a major portal addition after this championship like they did last year.

Plenty of teams can be contenders, but once again I don't see anybody that can match us 1-4. At the 5 we have two terrific prospects in Ice and Jana and the possibilities are dwindling for a major portal addition, but we should be pretty good there even if we have to play them major minutes in their first year. They probably won't be nearly as good as they will be a couple years later, but how many teams would love to have the problem of inexperienced 5's if they had as much talent as Ice and Jana?

This team will have a heavy comeback story to it as well, with Paige, Azzi, Caroline and Ice coming back from injury plagued seasons, and of course Aubrey returning from back surgery this year. You might be able to debate best recruiting classes with a few schools including us, but if you include adding our two players that missed the whole season it is no contest. No addition to any team is as significant as Paige returning next year.

We need to avoid the bad luck of the last two years on injuries, and have our recovering players come back close to their pre injury form, but the pieces are there for us to be as good as anybody.

Reaction Score
the SOS was so poor, that it made be a 3 seed, they didn't deserve a 1 but probably a 2 and they proved it

Reaction Score
the SOS was so poor, that it made be a 3 seed, they didn't deserve a 1 but probably a 2 and they proved it
Agreed, I don’t see how they could’ve been seeded any lower than they were

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Kim & Dawn are very good coaches
Kim and Dawn I agree are very good coaches however Kim had Griner and won how many NCs and Dawn had Asia and won how many NC. There are some coaches out there that said Geno doesnt develop bigs to get bigs to play for them. Look at UConns bigs compared to every other coach in WCBB

Reaction Score
Kim and Dawn I agree are very good coaches however Kim had Griner and won how many NCs and Dawn had Asia and won how many NC. There are some coaches out there that said Geno doesnt develop bigs to get bigs to play for them. Look at UConns bigs compared to every other coach in WCBB
Geno doesn't develop the bigs, Chris & Jamelle doe, I Think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom