Who is the team to beat next Year? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Who is the team to beat next Year?

Reaction Score
I don’t care where the Huskies are currently ranked in the 2023-24 poll; I just want them to be at the top of it this time next year!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
@Carnac, she’s only 5’6”, but strong, has speed, and the confidence the size of Colonial Life Arena. She‘s also talented and skilled, and insists she’s “different”, basketball wise, and I believe her. It’s going to be showtime in SCar every night. I’m just hoping that she doesn’t beat my Huskies!
I agree 1000%. Can we expect her to have her "breakout" game before the Christmas break? Don't forget, Crystal Dangerfield (scored 19 points and five assists vs. Baylor (11/17) and Christyn Williams (vs #1-ranked Notre Dame, finished with a career-high 28 points in an 89-71 win on Dec 2, 2018, the 7th game of the year.

Reaction Score
UCONN

LSU had a fluke run. Kim won't be back to a final four at LSU
LSU has the #2 player coming in. That and the portal should keep Kim at the final four. I think Iowa losing two very key players means they will have tough time getting back.

sun

Reaction Score
LSU will have an even better team next year.
Kim is all ready to go dancing in the street again.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
LSU will have an even better team next year.
Kim is all ready to go dancing in the street again.
This team was very good. Hard to tell if her team will be better. She’ll have another FF team if they are “as good” as this one was. Let’s wait and see the players on her final roster. LSU WBB will be in the news over the summer.

I’m interested to see if Kim can lure a big catch (high-profile player) or two from the portal. LSU was a 3 seed and came out of nowhere to win the NC. Did anyone here in the yard have them winning the NC on any of their bracket sheets? I only fill out one. It had 7 losses in it after the second round. :( It was a crazy tournament. None of us had UConn bowing out in the 3rd round.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mulkey never took Baylor to back to back Final 4s, despite all the talent she had there. That's kinda shocking. Just sayin', don't pencil in LSU quite yet.

Reaction Score
LSU is loaded. I'm going with them. Iowa losing their center and South Carolina losing key players.

Reaction Score
the team to beat next year is (#1) the next team in our way and (#2) whoever is against us in the championship

Reaction Score
UConn is the team to beat right now, if they are healthy.

The portal of course changes everything. I expect most of the top programs to add some players. That being said if UConn's health holds they will be the favorite entering the season unless the super transfers all pick a destination collectively, which could happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom