OT: - What's Next Celtics Fans...? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: What's Next Celtics Fans...?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Small market teams don't have the luxury of getting free agents. The best Pacer FA signing in my lifetime was David West in his early 30s.

They’d have to let quite a few guys go to make it happen. But the upside is probably worth it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I’m a die hard Knicks fan. And for the first time in a long time I’d not trade places with Boston at all. We’re set up beautifully moving foward. No reason for the pessimistic view. The Knicks for once in a long time are not dysfunctional. Scott Perry, Steve Mills, and David Fizdale have shown they have a plan and are doin a great job executing it. We’re coming..

In theory, yes, the Knicks have a few balls to play this summer. But we're talking about James Dolan's Knickabockers here. They're so poorly run that they're starting to rub off on New York's other sports teams. I've grown to expect disappointment so anything other than that will be very much welcomed. But until it actually happens, I expect to see Durant and Kemba sign anywhere but New York, the Knicks to lose the lottery, and at least one really dumb max contract handed out. Probably two really bad max contracts. Throw in an awful trade and we have ourselves a typical Knicks summer.

Reaction Score
Rozier needs to realize that the point guard position has a lot of great talent and he's not guaranteed to start at pg for any team that wants him. He can have a nice future with the Celtics if he realizes this.

Bye Bye Kyrie. He is so talented but just a weirdo, a poor leader, has a playing style that negatively influences the rest of the team and is not fun to root for.

Keep the picks and build around tatum and jalen brown. Tatum needs to stop taking so many contested 2's and get to the hoop. Once he started listening to Kobe and imitating Kyrie he regressed. Attack the basket or play less minutes.

Who knows what will happen with Horford and Hayward but I imagine Horford will opt in and be back next season.

Lastly, coach Stevens is a very good coach and has a very good basketball mind....but this season he should've put his foot down a little more. I'm amazed he stayed so calm. Most coaches would have publicly lost their mind a few times dealing with this particular team, which usually isn't good, but a little of that could've possibly shown his team a sense of urgency, which is something they played without.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I've seen a lot of dumb comments on here.
-I'd be okay with trading tatum and a pick or two for someone good (that's far fetched though)

I will not call something dumb BUT trading a budding superstar(and I disagree totally with your comments on him- but we all have our opinions) AND a pick or two for SOMEONE GOOD?
Not many in the business would consider Tatum-sub good.
And who is this we you keep referring to? What position do you hold with the Celts? (Just being snarky!!!)

all you who think that Davis will come to Boston without Kyrie still in a Celts uniform are just kidding yourselves. The chances of Kyrie staying are right now less than 10%

the Q

Reaction Score
I've seen a lot of dumb comments on here.
-I'd be okay with trading tatum and a pick or two for someone good (that's far fetched though)

I will not call something dumb BUT trading a budding superstar(and I disagree totally with your comments on him- but we all have our opinions) AND a pick or two for SOMEONE GOOD?
Not many in the business would consider Tatum-sub good.
And who is this we you keep referring to? What position do you hold with the Celts? (Just being snarky!!!)

all you who think that Davis will come to Boston without Kyrie still in a Celts uniform are just kidding yourselves. The chances of Kyrie staying are right now less than 10%

The Celtics best path is still telling Kyrie that the young kids he has issues with will all he traded and brow will be in Boston.

If that doesn’t get a commitment then you ha to hold your chips

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Celtics best path is still telling Kyrie that the young kids he has issues with will all he traded and brow will be in Boston.

If that doesn’t get a commitment then you ha to hold your chips

That was the first of the two main options I laid out. But Irving is so toxic in Boston right now I don't see it happening.

Instead I see Danny trying to do something different, like get Drummond in Boston.

Reaction Score
Smart is overrated because he's so tough, which is really his biggest plus. But he falls in love with his offense too much and it's not very good at all. Rosier I would love to see stay love his game, attitude and it's too bad they screwed him so he'll be leaving. Too many similar parts who see too much shared time. Tatum, Brown, Morris and Hayward all nice players but can't give them the same amount of time it's time to rely on a couple to break out. To be honest I'd start out with Jaylen Brown and then see who's interested in tatum and hayward if you can get some other pieces. Tatum, really nice player but something missing there for me but hey you guys watch it more than I so tell me what's wrong with my C's!

Reaction Score
I’m a die hard Knicks fan. And for the first time in a long time I’d not trade places with Boston at all. We’re set up beautifully moving foward. No reason for the pessimistic view. The Knicks for once in a long time are not dysfunctional. Scott Perry, Steve Mills, and David Fizdale have shown they have a plan and are doin a great job executing it. We’re coming..
Dolan

Reaction Score
That was the first of the two main options I laid out. But Irving is so toxic in Boston right now I don't see it happening.

Instead I see Danny trying to do something different, like get Drummond in Boston.
Drummond is the worst fit for the Celts

the Q

Reaction Score
Smart is overrated because he's so tough, which is really his biggest plus. But he falls in love with his offense too much and it's not very good at all. Rosier I would love to see stay love his game, attitude and it's too bad they screwed him so he'll be leaving. Too many similar parts who see too much shared time. Tatum, Brown, Morris and Hayward all nice players but can't give them the same amount of time it's time to rely on a couple to break out. To be honest I'd start out with Jaylen Brown and then see who's interested in tatum and hayward if you can get some other pieces. Tatum, really nice player but something missing there for me but hey you guys watch it more than I so tell me what's wrong with my C's!

Smart is a really valuable role player, and he’s one of the better players on the team (based on vorp and bpm), but he needs to take another step back offensively (role wise). But his shot is basically broken. He needs some kind of jumper.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm a Knicks fan so I've grown to expect head-scratching decisions and bumbled moves. After this playoff, I fully expect the Knicks to offer a max contract to Kyrie so he can "recruit" other stars. When they find out that nobody wants to play with him, they'll offer the 2nd max contract to Deandre Jordan (who is the only other guy who will take a max offer from Dolan and only signs because he's been enchanted with an upscale NYC Rick Pitino working gal). They'll get the 3rd pick in the lottery this year, then trade Knox and their next 10 1st rd picks to move up to #2 to draft Reddish. Reddish will realize his potential of becoming a softer version and more oft-injured version of Grant Hill. The Knicks will then trade their next 10 years of 1st round picks for role players to watch Kyrie launch awful shot after awful shot. Kyrie will be just good enough for the Knicks to finish 5th-to-worst in the NBA...but because the picks are all traded, the picks will all become a top-3 pick every year. Somehow, Ainge acquires them all and the Celts enter yet another decades long championship run.

My point: you Celts fans should quit your belly aching. It can be MUCH worse (and is much worse in the world's most famous arena). I haven't watched a competitive NBA game in over a decade. And to make it MUCH worse (again, things can ALWAYS be worse with the Knicks), I've had to stomach listening to the Knicks promote an overrated Syracuse Fruit as being some sort of superstar when he never was.

Blame it on your ownership which sucks and they haven't done one thing right in a long time.
They can have Kyrie as he is not a number one but a number two. Leading is so tough and not ever great player is made for it.

Reaction Score
Kyrie was even more of a cancer, the Kings got decent for the first time in ages, the Grizz pick, if it conveys looks to be mediocre in a draft no one likes outside of the top 3, Tatum regressed and shows a much lower floor than anyone expected, etc. It's amazing how nothing has went right for a franchise that has done all the right things tactically.

Hayward is literally still going through rehab for his injury. He is going to be good again. The Grizz pick may not convey and they look to have the worst roster in the league next year.

I would ditch Kyrie and stay the course. Horford will probably opt out to get one last multi year deal but Brad is good enough to keep this team frisky. Give the young guys the keys and hope the Grizz pick is top next year and/or wait for the next move. Show some patience. Finding good wings is the hardest job in the game and they have 2. Build around that, develop the timelord and pounce on the next opportunity for a scoring guard. Maybe one of their mid tier picks this year hits.

Reaction Score

Like your take on Tatum, Brown, Hayward and Morris. The first 3 are basically 3's and Morris a 4 who can play the 3. Too many similar parts as you pointed out. I'd keep Morris as he can play the 4 freeing Horford as a back up for the 5. Then one of the other three definitely needs to go. Tatum has the most trade value, but he is also the more talented, but he lacks consistency and seems to lapse into apathy way too often. Tough choice here, but if Morris stays and I hope he does one of Tatum, Brown or Hayward needs to go.

Overall they desperately need both a consistent shooter and a rim protector/defender. Danny Boy has his work cut out this off season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Blame it on your ownership which sucks and they haven't done one thing right in a long time.
They can have Kyrie as he is not a number one but a number two. Leading is so tough and not ever great player is made for it.

I absolutely positively blame James Dolan. 1000000000%. He's a moron and as long as he is owner, the Knicks will be a punchline to every NBA joke.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Kyrie belongs with the Knicks, he's not a Celtic

Reaction Score
Dolan
Dolan hasnt made a basketball decision in 6 years......That narrative is tired. The Knicks front office has been nothing short of professional and savvy(see the mitchell robinson pick).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Like your take on Tatum, Brown, Hayward and Morris. The first 3 are basically 3's and Morris a 4 who can play the 3. Too many similar parts as you pointed out. I'd keep Morris as he can play the 4 freeing Horford as a back up for the 5. Then one of the other three definitely needs to go. Tatum has the most trade value, but he is also the more talented, but he lacks consistency and seems to lapse into apathy way too often. Tough choice here, but if Morris stays and I hope he does one of Tatum, Brown or Hayward needs to go.

Overall they desperately need both a consistent shooter and a rim protector/defender. Danny Boy has his work cut out this off season.

Sort of. Brown starts at the shooting guard spot. He can guard them. 6’7” isn’t that unusual for a 2 in the NBA. Tatum and Hayward clearly overlap. Hayward is athletic enough to play as a big SG depending on matchups. They basically play 1-3-3-4-4 sometimes. That’s the way Steven’s system works. And as you said Morris can play as a 3.

I sure hope they don’t pay Horford $30m to be a backup. He plays the five most of the time really. Rarely see him and Baines together.

Boston needs an inside scoring presence. Too many kick outs to Al, Jayson and Hayward for 3s. Those guys need to attack the basket. Against the Bucks they smothered the perimeter and the Celtics couldn’t get anything going inside anyway.

Irving was supposed to be that lights out shooter, and at times he was. There is work to do, but I think Danny will find a way.

Reaction Score
Dolan hasnt made a basketball decision in 6 years.That narrative is tired. The Knicks front office has been nothing short of professional and savvy(see the mitchell robinson pick).
Lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Rozier needs to realize that the point guard position has a lot of great talent and he's not guaranteed to start at pg for any team that wants him. He can have a nice future with the Celtics if he realizes this.

Bye Bye Kyrie. He is so talented but just a weirdo, a poor leader, has a playing style that negatively influences the rest of the team and is not fun to root for.

Keep the picks and build around tatum and jalen brown. Tatum needs to stop taking so many contested 2's and get to the hoop. Once he started listening to Kobe and imitating Kyrie he regressed. Attack the basket or play less minutes.

Who knows what will happen with Horford and Hayward but I imagine Horford will opt in and be back next season.

Lastly, coach Stevens is a very good coach and has a very good basketball mind....but this season he should've put his foot down a little more. I'm amazed he stayed so calm. Most coaches would have publicly lost their mind a few times dealing with this particular team, which usually isn't good, but a little of that could've possibly shown his team a sense of urgency, which is something they played without.
I agree with Kyrie being a talented weirdo.

Talented weirdo is fine in baseball but not so much in the NBA.

I seriously question his commitment to the game. He clearly doesn’t work on his body and might be the laziest player ever.

Does he have osteoporosis? He’s 26 and misses times with injuries my dad complains of after mowing the lawn. I think he’s actually Uncle Drew and Kyrie is the make up.

There was a stretch where the Celtics won 8 or 9 straight of the games he missed with driver’s ankle and knitting knuckles and were like 3-7 with him in that same timeframe.

Have people forgot that the “not good enough” backcourt of Rozier and Smart was in game 7 of the ECF?

You put a leader like Kemba on that squad (sorry Terry) and they are total contender.

Reaction Score
Dolan hasnt made a basketball decision in 6 years.That narrative is tired. The Knicks front office has been nothing short of professional and savvy(see the mitchell robinson pick).

Yes, the same front office that gave 75 million to Tim Hardaway

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Apparently I'm the only one, but give me Kyrie on the Knicks all day

If he’s on your team you’ll quickly learn that “all day” means every other game.

Reaction Score
If he’s on your team you’ll quickly learn that “all day” means every other game.

You can't doubt Kyrie's commitment to the game and expect people to listen to your opinion on him. And I agree on this.

Reaction Score
Yes, the same front office that gave 75 million to Tim Hardaway

Yes and no. Perry, the GM, and by all accounts the one making the basketball decisions now was not part of that front office.

Steve Mills made that call, he's Perry's boss, but seems to be letting Perry do his thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom