OT: - What's Next Celtics Fans...? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: What's Next Celtics Fans...?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Randle is 24 years old and averaged 21/9/3 this past season with a 52% FG percentage. I don't care if you're on a good team or bad team, those numbers for a player his age in the NBA are impressive. He's a low post offensive threat, and an aggressive rebounder that the Celtics desperately need, especially with Horford gone.

As for Time Lord, cut the dude some slack it was his rookie year and we saw glimpses of his athleticism and defensive talent. As he matures, gains experience, and keeps a level head on his shoulders Brad's system will become second nature to him and we'll start to see his full potential.

I would take Terry over Conley any day at this juncture. Conley's contract is ridiculously expensive, and I'd prefer Terry's chemistry with the younger players and familiarity with Brad's system over a veteran who's potentially past his prime.

I’d rather just give Brandon Clarke those minutes than pay randle 4x to play those minutes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Last rumor I saw on Twitter involved the Celtics trading Baynes, which, with Al gone, would open up a max contract slot. Kemba? He's perfect for Brad's system. There are also trade rumors around Brown as noted above. One mentioned Brown for the #4 pick, which would be a terrible move. I'd rather have Brown than Barrett, let alone whoever is at #4 (presumably Garland).

the Q

Reaction Score
Last rumor I saw on Twitter involved the Celtics trading Baynes, which, with Al gone, would open up a max contract slot. Kemba? He's perfect for Brad's system. There are also trade rumors around Brown as noted above. One mentioned Brown for the #4 pick, which would be a terrible move. I'd rather have Brown than Barrett, let alone whoever is at #4 (presumably Garland).

I think brown is wildly overrated. But idk what I’d do with the 4th pick. Garland doesn’t have enough boom to get me excited.

But getting Max space and trading brown seem different goals. Unless it’s definitely for a young guy like Russell.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think brown is wildly overrated. But idk what I’d do with the 4th pick. Garland doesn’t have enough boom to get me excited.

But getting Max space and trading brown seem different goals. Unless it’s definitely for a young guy like Russell.

You know how Danny works. It's never one thing. It's one thing that seems odd, until you see things 2 and 3 that make it work. He's shuffling the deck here.

It's fun to speculate for that reason. If he's opening a max, I think it would be silly for that to be a trade and not a FA, given who is out there on the market. Why pay twice?

Sign Kawhi? Kemba? Trade for Capela?

Reaction Score
Kemba would right the ship, I think he could replicate what Isaiah did under Steven's system - but would do it with lower usage rate a tad more efficiency as they'd involve Tatum & Hayward as other go to scorers.

I don't see a backcourt of Smart and Rozier competing for a championship. Even if it was Kyrie's fault, Terry still pouted and played like arse, I vote a change of scenery is best for him. In contrast Jaylen Brown adapted and gave the team really good minutes, stayed in his lane, was excellent in the playoffs. He could definitely be one of the 7 guys on a championship squad and I would not part with him unless a major star comes back in return.

Presumably if they somehow got Kemba, its only because they lost Al. No answer in the frontcourt for that and given that they are in a conference with Giannis and Embid for the foreseeable future that is a big problem.

the Q

Reaction Score
Kemba would right the ship, I think he could replicate what Isaiah did under Steven's system - but would do it with lower usage rate a tad more efficiency as they'd involve Tatum & Hayward as other go to scorers.

I don't see a backcourt of Smart and Rozier competing for a championship. Even if it was Kyrie's fault, Terry still pouted and played like arse, I vote a change of scenery is best for him. In contrast Jaylen Brown adapted and gave the team really good minutes, stayed in his lane, was excellent in the playoffs. He could definitely be one of the 7 guys on a championship squad and I would not part with him unless a major star comes back in return.

Presumably if they somehow got Kemba, its only because they lost Al. No answer in the frontcourt for that and given that they are in a conference with Giannis and Embid for the foreseeable future that is a big problem.

Without Al is that a title contender though?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kyrie hasn't told the Celtics he is opting out yet, which totally freezes the Celtics offseason until he does. What a jerk.

the Q

Reaction Score
Kyrie hasn't told the Celtics he is opting out yet, which totally freezes the Celtics offseason until he does. What a jerk.

Not really. You know he’s opting out. It’s a formality

Reaction Score
Without Al is that a title contender though?
No, that's what I meant by 'big problem' pun intended. Grant Williams should be able to play a bit, but his ceiling is probably 12pts-8 boards starter. Why didn't they grab Brandon Clarke - same kind of player with much more athleticism and therefore upside?!

I was also really bummed that they selected Ty Jerome for someone else as I see him as just a slightly lower income bracket Malcolm Brogdon. Understand they couldn't afford 3 first rounders, but still.

Romeo Langford I don't really know, not psyched about him though. More drives & free throws sounds good, but I kind of like guys that play WELL first at a new (college) level before advancing to next (NBA) level. It is rare that guys behind on that curve contribute immediately, yet that is what the Celtics desperately needed out of their top pick.

2nd round I like the Carsen Edwards pick for the same reason I don't like the Langford pick. Edwards showed he can absolutely get buckets and he did it on a big stage. Huge motor, heart etc and though he's only 6' he's got the proverbial 'wingspan' at 6'6" so he should be able to rain that jumper.

Kudos to Dad's of Barrett & Morant (the drip!), Dad's overall won the draft last night with big assist from Maria Taylor who is the new Roy Firestone of getting tears from everyone she talks to.

the Q

Reaction Score
No, that's what I meant by 'big problem' pun intended. Grant Williams should be able to play a bit, but his ceiling is probably 12pts-8 boards starter. Why didn't they grab Brandon Clarke - same kind of player with much more athleticism and therefore upside?!

I was also really bummed that they selected Ty Jerome for someone else as I see him as just a slightly lower income bracket Malcolm Brogdon. Understand they couldn't afford 3 first rounders, but still.

Romeo Langford I don't really know, not psyched about him though. More drives & free throws sounds good, but I kind of like guys that play WELL first at a new (college) level before advancing to next (NBA) level. It is rare that guys behind on that curve contribute immediately, yet that is what the Celtics desperately needed out of their top pick.

2nd round I like the Carsen Edwards pick for the same reason I don't like the Langford pick. Edwards showed he can absolutely get buckets and he did it on a big stage. Huge motor, heart etc and though he's only 6' he's got the proverbial 'wingspan' at 6'6" so he should be able to rain that jumper.

Kudos to Dad's of Barrett & Morant (the drip!), Dad's overall won the draft last night with big assist from Maria Taylor who is the new Roy Firestone of getting tears from everyone she talks to.

Langford to me is a play that the hand factored into his play. I kinda wanted Clarke there.

I can live without Jerome since the got Edwards.

Not a huge Williams fan, he’s similar to Bear. Who hasn’t worked out either. It’s hard to make it as a tweeter.

I’m hopeful they sign Jontay porter. Two acls isn’t good. But he’s a clear first round talent.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Langford to me is a play that the hand factored into his play. I kinda wanted Clarke there.

I can live without Jerome since the got Edwards.

Not a huge Williams fan, he’s similar to Bear. Who hasn’t worked out either. It’s hard to make it as a tweeter.

I’m hopeful they sign Jontay porter. Two acls isn’t good. But he’s a clear first round talent.

Clarke was there later. A reach at 14. His athleticism may be neutralized at this level. If so, he’s a terrible shooter who can’t bring much. But a decent gamble as a guy who is simply a good basketball player.

Totally agree on Langford. Injured hand hurt his shooting. But for that he’s possibly a top 5-6 guy. Let’s see if they are right. This team needs shooters and he’s a legit 2, with the requisite handle and first step. Brown is a SF playing out of position.

the Q

Reaction Score
Clarke was there later. A reach at 14. His athleticism may be neutralized at this level. If so, he’s a terrible shooter who can’t bring much. But a decent gamble as a guy who is simply a good basketball player.

Totally agree on Langford. Injured hand hurt his shooting. But for that he’s possibly a top 5-6 guy. Let’s see if they are right. This team needs shooters and he’s a legit 2, with the requisite handle and first step. Brown is a SF playing out of position.

Agreed. Look at what happened to garlands stock by not playing. He got the air of mystery bump.

But it is a bigger risk with Langford. Cause if the thumb didn’t hurt him, he’s another athletic wing who can’t shoot with a looser handle than you’d like.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Notice how "assets" are always more valuable than actual players? Ainge is a phony.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom