OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 69 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah, read that chart. It confirms what I have been saying. Note the difference between 80% humity and 20% humidity. Compared to the other numbers they are virtually insignificant. Yep, you found a technicality. But It a distinction without a meaningful difference. The chart does reinforce my original point that the safest place to be is outdoors in sunlight where the virus dies quite quickly.
Did you drink the bleach straight, mixed, or with a chaser?

Reaction Score
Can you go for a long walk? Put on some music or a podcast that has nothing to do with current events and just walk for an hour or so. It can do wonders. Deep breaths help, too.
I can and I need to. Today is really bothering me more than any day I can remember during this. I'm always on the phone with people and texting but it's been 49 days since I've had any in person human interaction or human contact and I've been living in a construction zone which has made it that much worse. I'm having a terrible time sleeping, I'm having trouble getting work done and it's really getting to me all of a sudden.

I'm going to have to start seeing people soon.

Reaction Score
@superjohn thanks for sharing your frustrations as getting it out can often be the first step towards finding a solution.

Long walks will be very helpful. Do you live near any streets/areas that are safe to walk on/near? Each morning, I do a 3 mile loop and it really helps.

Reaction Score
Here's a pic from an Atlanta restaurant today. Not sure the Mrs. and I would venture in, if/when restrictions are lifted with 6 ft or so distancing. Also do the cooks where masks? I would prefer if every Resturant was forced to film a video of their safe distancing practices and post on their websites for educating customers. This includes waiters, cooks and even janitors. Maybe then I could make a better decision beyond the taste of their food.

1588361730320.png

Reaction Score
Here's a pic from an Atlanta restaurant today. Not sure the Mrs. and I would venture in, if/when restrictions are lifted with 6 ft or so distancing. Also do the cooks where masks? I would prefer if every Resturant was forced to film a video of their safe distancing practices and post on their websites for educating customers. This includes waiters, cooks and even janitors. Maybe then I could make a better decision beyond the taste of their food.

View attachment 53808
Is that a pic of a date?

Reaction Score
Is that a pic of a date?
LOL I couldn't post the original pic from the Wash. Post. Notice though the customers are not wearing masks when not eating. But wearing masks and gloves would frighten other potential customers, I understand that but waiting for your meal and when finished eating, I would think that you immediately go back to protection mode. One other thing, at least include hand sanitizer bottles on table with salt/pepper shakers.

I'm probably just bored, and overthinking things. Perhaps its getting to me, lately.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
3:33 for me. I need to work today.

Me too. Found out yesterday I'm working overtime rest of month (from home).

Ten hour days next week. About 6:30am-4:30pm. I'll try and suffer through it.

Missed hole in one by about a 6-8 inches on third (Yes I made the putt).

View from the 2nd fairway looking up at green. Not a cloud to be seen all day.

IMG_20200501_102617244~2.jpg

Reaction Score

View attachment 53808
From what I've seen on the news and heard from a couple of people I know, businesses are taking it very seriously. They want to keep their workers safe and their customers safe and not be fearful of coming in. The supermarkets and big box stores have been packed since the start of the pandemic, I don't understand how shops who get less than a handful of customers at the same time are any less safe than all these "essential" stores are. I'm really happy my friend's nursery/flower shop has been open during this entire lockdown but I don't see how he is any more essential than any other small business owners.

Reaction Score

View attachment 53808
The chefs are not the ones to be most concerned about. You can't ingest a virus by eating it. It's the servers and those who touch the surfaces your hands will come in contact with.

Reaction Score
The chefs are not the ones to be most concerned about. You can't ingest a virus by eating it. It's the servers and those who touch the surfaces your hands will come in contact with.
I was referring to the plating of food (i.e. the plate itself).

Reaction Score
Hold tight and don't do anything right now.

All jury service is suspended until further notice. Even if you have been summoned for jury duty, you should not report. Your service has been cancelled.

Although the courts are slowly starting to resume some non-emergency functions, I don't expect that they will have juries back by June. In the unlikely event that they do, I am sure they will be very lenient in allowing anyone to postpone for any reason.
The presiding judge in Hartford made a comment on a webcast and predicted that they don’t expect to call any juries until spring 2021. Our business had two upcoming trials continued until next year so it is following that pattern. These are civil cases I am referring to

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Whenever the better half and I go into a store (live in CT) we wear a mask. I see people wearing masks in their cars what is up with that? We do not wear gloves. Wash your hands. Wearing gloves and holding onto your steering wheel will put a virus on the steering wheel just like if you were bare handed. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer if you can find it or make it. In CT I think we should open up on May 20 and people should still wear masks. Restaurants are in for a tough go to get back to normal.

Wearing a mask in your car is like watching with a condom on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wearing a mask in your car is like watching with a condom on.

The variation of this I've seen goes......

I see you're wearing a mask while driving alone in your car. Do you also wear a condom while sleeping alone in your bed?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can and I need to. Today is really bothering me more than any day I can remember during this.
When my funk hit, I swear aromatherapy helped. I started lighting a candle near my desk at home and pretty soon I was back to normal. I'm sure the effects were mostly placebo, but still. I went for scents like citrus and the beach.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hold tight and don't do anything right now.

All jury service is suspended until further notice. Even if you have been summoned for jury duty, you should not report. Your service has been cancelled.

Although the courts are slowly starting to resume some non-emergency functions, I don't expect that they will have juries back by June. In the unlikely event that they do, I am sure they will be very lenient in allowing anyone to postpone for any reason.
I know you have posted that you have been working from your office, but most of your staff is home. I did a few depositions via zoom, etc. this week and was surprised to see every attorney in their office except for me. We aren't getting much of anything by way of motions, discovery filed by opposing counsel and my ability to fill a work day is getting tenuous. Have you considered easing back in to staffing the office, know anyone else who is running their usual operations?

Reaction Score
When my funk hit, I swear aromatherapy helped. I started lighting a candle near my desk at home and pretty soon I was back to normal. I'm sure the effects were mostly placebo, but still. I went for scents like citrus and the beach.
100%. My wife has been deeply into mixing essential oils. Started out as a homage to a friend/co-worker of ours who died in a freak snowmobiling accident back in January. One of her hobbies was mixing essential oils and she made a custom blend for both of us just a few weeks before her passing. Kinda funny story, I was talking smack about the creepy robot Marty who patrols our local Stop and Shop and just days before our friend passed, she made me a blend called "Marty" as a joke. After her passing, everytime I'd see that robot, I'd be like "what up, Marty" and think of our friend.

Now, that homage has been turning into a passion. My wife's been making roller scents and has begun using the scents to make homemade candles.

She's developing her website and has begun making connections with local vendors to sell her stuff. There's a website and the next step is setting it up for online purchases, probably once the school year ends.

Attachments

• 1588428712234.png
    1588428712234.png
    748.4 KB · Views: 128

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know you have posted that you have been working from your office, but most of your staff is home. I did a few depositions via zoom, etc. this week and was surprised to see every attorney in their office except for me. We aren't getting much of anything by way of motions, discovery filed by opposing counsel and my ability to fill a work day is getting tenuous. Have you considered easing back in to staffing the office, know anyone else who is running their usual operations?
We are taking it a month at a time, but I think more people are starting to do what we are doing if they haven't already. I don't know anyone who is running business as usual from their offices, but some firms and lawyers are better equipped for remote operations. I can do it but I don't want to; a big part of it is mental for me. I like real-time, spontaneous collaboration, sizing people up in person, etc. But I have resigned myself to the reality of zoom depositions and we are starting those. I watched a CLE on it this week and feel a little better about it, but I will still really miss the in-person dynamic.

The presiding judge in Hartford made a comment on a webcast and predicted that they don’t expect to call any juries until spring 2021. Our business had two upcoming trials continued until next year so it is following that pattern. These are civil cases I am referring to
Yes, that is the general expectation for civil juries. To the extent there are any jury trials in 2020, criminal trials will take precedence. There will be a lot of pressure for civil cases to be tried courtside or resolved via arbitration. In general, that's a good thing for businesses; and not a good thing for individuals. Even though the vast majority of cases are resolved short of a jury verdict, leverage in negotiations usually depends on your perceived ability to deliver on the promise of a jury verdict that is closer to your demand than it is to the other side's offer. Without the ability to deliver on that promise, at least in the near term, that leverage is will inevitably be diminshed imo.

Reaction Score
Let's see. Over a month in. Currently working from home, for over a month-Go shopping and errands on Saturday-Order take out more. I have been picking up my guitar more for the first time in several years. Other than that, life is just strange. Oh I never quite got into Curb your enthusiasm. I have watched all 10 seasons now.

Reaction Score
But I have resigned myself to the reality of zoom depositions and we are starting those. I watched a CLE on it this week and feel a little better about it, but I will still really miss the in-person dynamic.

We had a zoom department happy hour Thursday afternoon that included a vendor presenting on video depositions. Neither one of the sales reps could get the technology to work when they were trying to demonstrate how to share exhibits. Seems promising.

Reaction Score
I carry a small bottle of rubbing alcohol in my purse and have for quite awhile but I use it with much more frequency than I used to as I have an Immunity problem. The only person I have contact with is my son and our dog.
I started reading books again. Used to read a lot miss mbb and wbb a lot. UConn only.

Reaction Score
Although I'm out of work, I'm fortunate to have savings. I'm thinking of taking a break for 6 months, lay low for a while, and enjoy my kids' sports and other activities (hopefully they happen in the Fall) and look for a job later in the year. I'm actually getting good interest from employers now, but it feels too fast. This coronavirus crisis as made me really look at my priorities. I'm not sure I want to rush back into an office environment any time soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom