OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 37 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So I’m guessing your plan is to make your digestive track inhospitable to the virus?

The only one I use is the Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce. My wife says she only uses the Frank's wing sauce which leaves our daughter as the sole reason for why multiple 3/4 full bottle of Frank's original are open. She makes a mean buffalo chicken dip but I guess isn't much for checking existing fridge stock before going to the pantry.

Reaction Score
So yesterday I saw motorcycle go down one side of a street with a median the wrong way. He then did a u turn so he was facing the right direction, went through a red light, and did a wheelie for the next block. He didn't have a helmet, but he did have a surgical mask on. Its good to see people behaving responsibly and taking corona virus seriously.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Today I realized the same side of my refrigerator door had four opened bottles of Frank's Original hot sauce, one bottle of Frank's Hot Wing sauce and a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Wing Sauce. Seemed like overkill

I use Frank's red hot to clear my sinuses up whenever I have a cold. Two tablespoons clears me right up. Cayenne pepper is a natural medicine. I live on the stuff.

Cayenne pepper
This hot pepper, and spice, contains capsaicin. Studies show this compound can help clear sinuses. ... One year later, Capsaicin is shown to relieve inflammation, open up nasal passages, and enhance immunity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I use a lot of Cayenne pepper as well. I also include Turmeric and ginger in my smoothies. Ginger contains gingerol which is a natural oil which suppresses viral infections. Ginger became hard to find in my local supermarket with the pandemic.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So my softball league that usually runs mid-April thru early-August has officially been postponed and shortened to late-June through late-August.

I’m actually really excited there’s a plan in place and the town is dedicated to getting the games in. After losing the spring to social distancing I kind of already resigned to the fact this league wasn’t going to happen. I now have something to look forward to!

A summer without getting away for a few hours a night per week to relive past athletic glory and drink beers with my buddies is not a summer my fragile mental state could handle right now.

Reaction Score
So my softball league that usually runs mid-April thru early-August has officially been postponed and shortened to late-June through late-August.

I’m actually really excited there’s a plan in place and the town is dedicated to getting the games in. After losing the spring to social distancing I kind of already resigned to the fact this league wasn’t going to happen. I now have something to look forward to!

A summer without getting away for a few hours a night per week to relive past athletic glory and drink beers with my buddies is not a summer my fragile mental state could handle right now.
Yeah my season is delayed to mid June and will likely include lots of double headers. Which I don't mind at all

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have just ended my 3rd week of self imposed quartile. My son recently joined the unemployed line andwe both are at least 3 weeks into virus free ( amen). Just learned my younger sister passed away. ( Alzheimer’s). My last sibling, Iam The eldest
My condolences to you @uconnell . Very sad to read your post.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
These totals are updated daily. There is a real time meter but its too depressing to post.

CT stats: Linky

USA: Linky

World: Linky
Bno looks to be way behind on recovery data. Worldometers has USA at 1800+ recoveries. Deaths and cases are obviously going crazy right now but it’s good to start seeing a fair amount of recoveries lately too.

Reaction Score
It’s late March. Sounds like allergies my man
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.39.46 AM.png

100% correct.

Tis the season of disciplined preventative allergy rhythms. I wake up, take my allergy meds, do all my outside stuff in the morning/early afternoon then shower mid afternoon and work the neti pot soon after that.

Keep the windows closed, don't wear clothes I've worn outside multiple times until washed again, wash bed sheets one a week, the usual stuff.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A coworker (a germophobe) took Lamonts call to stay home to heart. She called in sick for the week.

She has a new neighbor...from NY. An amberlance just hauled someone away from that house.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 52372

100% correct.

Tis the season of disciplined preventative allergy rhythms. I wake up, take my allergy meds, do all my outside stuff in the morning/early afternoon then shower mid afternoon and work the neti pot soon after that.

Keep the windows closed, don't wear clothes I've worn outside multiple times until washed again, wash bed sheets one a week, the usual stuff.
Haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for a week.

Reaction Score
Haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for a week.
Not sure related but every twitch, sneeze, ache and even red eyes is bugging me out. Two months ago these things happened several times a day now every occurrence is questioned. And I've been in the house for almost 2 weeks. Just crazy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not sure related but every twitch, sneeze, ache and even red eyes is bugging me out. Two months ago these things happened several times a day now every occurrence is questioned. And I've been in the house for almost 2 weeks. Just crazy.

I was commenting to a co-worker today that every day I wake up, feel fine, and an hour into my workday I feel a runny nose coming on, some sweat, and a bit of lightheadedness. Then I go home and I'm feeling great again.

Today, something set me off (I believe someone's perfume), definitely an allergic sneeze - if you have allergies you know it's just different. I followed protocol, but anyone within 20 feet of me started turning and walking the other way, lol.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have just ended my 3rd week of self imposed quartile. My son recently joined the unemployed line andwe both are at least 3 weeks into virus free ( amen). Just learned my younger sister passed away. ( Alzheimer’s). My last sibling, Iam The eldest
Sorry, Nell.

Reaction Score
Both my wife and I have been sick with an upper respiratory ailment most of the winter.
We’ve had several relapses but I currently feel fine with the exception of a lingering cough and a tendency to tire much more rapidly than normal.
Other than the cough each iteration has had slightly different symptoms.
I first noted the upper respiratory problem when I went for an MRI / Chest XRay back in Dec for unexplained right shoulder pain .When the tech asked me to take a deep breathe it was difficult.
The test reveled tears of both my right labrum and rotator cuff. My wife blamed excessive Boneyard Posting but frankly I was relieved because I thought it was pneumonia or worse.
At this ailments worst I would occasionally gasp for air , something I I never experienced and something quite scary.So we both pretty much have been in exile for a long time.
Along with meds I had these crazy treatments called Bemer and this torture electro shock therapy on my shoulder. The former was to enhance my compromised immune system.
The biggest thing we gave up is watching our grandchildren age 12 and 5. We miss those guys as they are a big part of our lives.
I live in an adult gated community and our Community Center, Pool, and Gym are closed. but it’s spring and walking is fine.
The golf course is open as is their restaurant for takeout. They have also enhanced their offering to provide some groceries. If you get takeout try to be generous these people are at risk.
I did a little shopping Tuesday at Safeway’s senior only hours 6-9 AM but we were pretty stocked ahead of time. I worn my N95 mask and gloves mostly because of my cough, I also carried my heavy duty wipes using gym curtesy, When I got home I stripped of my clothes into the washer and took a hot shower. I also off loaded the groceries bags into a cardboard box outside before I brought the them in .
We still have everything so we can’t complain
The streets are safe, I have internet, Direct TV, Electric, Gas, and water
i’ve been more inconvenienced during hurricanes or blizzards.
Nothing like loosing all your utilities in the middle of a CT winter when it’s 10 outside.
I would like to thank all those people who are keeping civilization going by working in places like utilities, grocery stores ,or restaurants,plus the hero truckers doing double duty to keep those shelves stocked In the face of extraordinary demand. I‘m frankly amazed by how well the supply chain is doing.
If isolation is the extent of our inconvenience then we are wimps to complain.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I get annoyed by the verbiage you see “VIRUS SPREADS TO 200 CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS TODAY.” It did not spread to that many people today. That many people tested positive today.

Reaction Score
Laid off today. Software sales, 7 yrs experience, southern California. Anyone know anyone hiring, or connections to be made in this time?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Laid off today. Software sales, 7 yrs experience, southern California. Anyone know anyone hiring, or connections to be made in this time?
One would think software would be a good industry right now with everyone working and schooling from home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom