OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 31 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A couple of things:

CT may be on lockdown but you can drive around, shop, get take out - go for walks - this isn't really that bad. (the caveat is for me and my wife that we are on salary and are still getting paid while working from home - this is no way to minimize the impact on those that can't work)

The numbers are getting so bad in NYC - from talking to people there most young people are still pretty dismissive - but if it gets much worse - I worry that the NYC folk will panic and scatter and infect everyone else and this will take forever to contain.

Lick down NYC. Saw it in a Batman movie when they poisoned the water supply in Gotham.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
de Blasio and Cuomo want National Guard and active duty military to assist?

Start by bombing every bridge and tunnel and road out of NY in to CT, PA, NJ, VT and OH and then start helping those inside the state. Win, win.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Start by bombing every bridge and tunnel and road out of NY in to CT, PA, NJ, VT and OH and then start helping those inside the state. Win, win.
Seriously. Except for the bombing. The NG needs to put an armored bubble around the city

Reaction Score
I had a good day today. Decompressed a bit. Ready, I hope, to tackle this weeks business challenges.

I’m trying to avoid panic both in my psyche and in my communication. That kind of spiraling accomplishes nothing.

Feel your pain, last week was rough, hopefully this week will be better. I thnk I slept half the day today.

Reaction Score

I think Cuomo has been great but he floated. 9 month lockdown today.

Cuomo made it sound like NYC could be on lockdown for 4,6,9 months or more. I think he meant tbe city will be dealing with the spread of the virus for that long but not sure. At least I hope that's what he meant, otherwise it's insane. The numbers in NYC are going to be insane but if the numbers of confirmed cases and confirmed deaths are accurate. The city has less than a .8% death rate so far on confirmed cases.

Reaction Score

Cuomo made it sound like NYC could be on lockdown for 4,6,9 months or more. I think he meant tbe city will be dealing with the spread of the virus for that long but not sure. At least I hope that's what he meant, otherwise it's insane. The numbers in NYC are going to be insane but if the numbers of confirmed cases and confirmed deaths are accurate. The city has less than a .8% death rate so far on confirmed cases.

People should stop trying to do their own calculations on death rates. No one has all the information needed. Even if you just use the confirmed cases, people who are newly confirmed have barely entered the system. Counting them against the death rate before they've recovered is premature.

Reaction Score

I was watching Cuomo's speech, people took that out of context. He said it'll take 4-9 months for the country/state to fully recover from the shutdown

Reaction Score
I was watching Cuomo's speech, people took that out of context. He said it'll take 4-9 months for the country/state to fully recover from the shutdown
Yep, I watched it again and he's talking about how long we'll be dealing with it, not a lockdown.
Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "Here’s New York Gov. Cuomo saying the coronavirus lockdown could last as long as 9 months and that up to 80% of the population will get the virus https://post original url/ghsmthfRmU" / Twitter

Reaction Score
People should stop trying to do their own calculations on death rates. No one has all the information needed. Even if you just use the confirmed cases, people who are newly confirmed have barely entered the system. Counting them against the death rate before they've recovered is premature.
We can only go off the numbers they give us and considering the numbers they give us in Italy put it at something crazy like 9% and the numbers they give us for New York state are under.8%, I'll take it as good news.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Post the 18 month shutdown. Not 9 months from now. It’s going to be 3 years and the country will not even exist.

Reaction Score
We can only go off the numbers they give us and considering the numbers they give us in Italy put it at something crazy like 9% and the numbers they give us for New York state are under.8%, I'll take it as good news.

Yes, but the vast majority of positive tests in the US have been confirmed in just the last few days, so the timelines are totally different. Not trying to say people shouldn't be optimistic, just that it's apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Yes, but the vast majority of positive tests in the US have been confirmed in just the last few days, so the timelines are totally different. Not trying to say people shouldn't be optimistic, just that it's apples and oranges.
I hear you, the cases are so new so we have to wait on active cases to get the true #. Italy rate of death spooked the hell out of me but I sadly think they're a major outlier for a whole host of societal reasons. Gobal rate of death seems to be a little over 3% of confirmed cases but there's so much we don't know, it seems there might be 10 times as many people who have it without having any idea they have it bringing the rate of death down significantly.

Reaction Score
Japan seems to be getting complacent. An MMA event went ahead as planned over the weekend.

Sumo events have also continued, just without fans.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.11.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.11.47 PM.png
    933.1 KB · Views: 122
Reaction Score
Must sting to be one of the few teams that can't beat Miami anymore. You may want to post some recent pictures of that erector set in Tally as they have gotten pretty damn good at distancing in their own right.

Jeez Louise...why the hostility...it was a joke..of course...

Yes..FSU has lost the last three to Miami....

And won the seven before that.

Miami, Florida, and FSU fans trade these jabs...because they are rivals...you remember the concept.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Going for more walks and it seems to be a thing. Went to the Southern New England Rail Trail, normally about 3-4 cars total in the parking lot closest to me. Yesterday had about 30, lot filled and spilled up and down the street. With other lots full too.

Wife went to Stop & Shop. Plenty of food. I wanted to go to Trader Joe’s and she yelled at me to stay home.

Visited my mother and father in law at assisted living place and talked through the window. They are locked down in their room. Food left outside their door. Total isolation. Wife thinks they are failing and she may never see her mom again.

Went to local small liquor store. Talked to owner who says she’s been doing a brisk business. She wipes everything down and has a no touch if you don’t buy policy. Told a story of some woman who came in and screened at her for being open. Told her she wished she got the virus and died then spat at her. The people who want to quarantine everyone are as evil and stupid as those who don’t take precautions.

Reaction Score
Going for more walks and it seems to be a thing. Went to the Southern New England Rail Trail, normally about 3-4 cars total in the parking lot closest to me. Yesterday had about 30, lot filled and spilled up and down the street. With other lots full too.

Wife went to Stop & Shop. Plenty of food. I wanted to go to Trader Joe’s and she yelled at me to stay home.

Visited my mother and father in law at assisted living place and talked through the window. They are locked down in their room. Food left outside their door. Total isolation. Wife thinks they are failing and she may never see her mom again.

Went to local small liquor store. Talked to owner who says she’s been doing a brisk business. She wipes everything down and has a no touch if you don’t buy policy. Told a story of some woman who came in and screened at her for being open. Told her she wished she got the virus and died then spat at her. The people who want to quarantine everyone are as evil and stupid as those who don’t take precautions.
I have a gravely I’ll father who I can not visit and may not ever get to see again. That certainly is the hardest thing for me so far.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jeez Louise...why the hostility...it was a joke..of course...

Yes..FSU has lost the last three to Miami....

And won the seven before that.

Miami, Florida, and FSU fans trade these jabs...because they are rivals...you remember the concept.
You seem to be defending your posts here a whole lot lately.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have a gravely I’ll father who I can not visit and may not ever get to see again. That certainly is the hardest thing for me so far.
Damn, Scot-e.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom