OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 32 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Big week to keep an eye on Italy. Week two post lockdown. Interesting to see how their curve looks come Friday

Reaction Score
I have a gravely I’ll father who I can not visit and may not ever get to see again. That certainly is the hardest thing for me so far.
Wow missing proms, no sports, missing graduations, plays, etc.. seems so trivial compared to your post. So sorry.

Reaction Score
Post the 18 month shutdown. Not 9 months from now. It’s going to be 3 years and the country will not even exist.

You keep saying this, and I am not sure where you are getting this. The economy will absolutely recover after this. all that matters rightnow is that everyone does their part to stop the spread of this.

Reaction Score
I have a gravely I’ll father who I can not visit and may not ever get to see again. That certainly is the hardest thing for me so far.

I’m sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father in July, it’s horrible. On top of that now on my end my grandfather is about to be moved to hospice, and probably has 2-3 weeks at this point (at best). The worst part isn’t losing him, it’s how does the family break the news when it inevitably happens to my grandmother since she’s in a nursing home in lockdown. Can’t come in, can’t take her out, she can’t see him after 70+ years of marriage. Awful.

Reaction Score
You seem to be defending your posts here a whole lot lately.

mostly from you...

I was curious about the hostility exhibited for a joke post...but , upon reflection, I believe that it was a reflection of P5 anger.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would say damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Wrong. Just give people the latest information and don't turn it into a CYA fest. It's not that tough.

Reaction Score
How is that a lockdown/shutdown?
A friend told me that the Dept of Mental Health (and I'm sure others) are issuing letters to their employees that explain their work. Its to show to the police in the event they are stopped. Also instructed to keep their badges in the car. Kinda ominous because it implies a shutdown is coming.

Reaction Score
A friend told me that the Dept of Mental Health (and I'm sure others) are issuing letters to their employees that explain their work. Its to show to the police in the event they are stopped. Also instructed to keep their badges in the car. Kinda ominous because it implies a shutdown is coming.

I would have been given the same notification and I haven't.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Those places are essential. What do you do if your hot water heater or fridge needs to be replaced? TV? Washing machine? Just don’t go dick around target licking stuff.

Reaction Score

Thoughts are with you - inconceivable how difficult that must be.

Reaction Score
Those places are essential. What do you do if your hot water heater or fridge needs to be replaced? TV? Washing machine? Just don’t go dick around target licking stuff.
Good question, but even the other stuff. Like a toothache, major cut, or medical situation needing professional attention. Too scared to go to ER, and I'm not sure of doctor's procedures/hours in these times. I assume the millions of clinics are open, but the waiting room could be contaminated. They used to have masks at the check-in counter but masks are cash now, so I guess where a scarf. I wonder can you wait in your car until they're ready to see you.

My wife's back has been aching, with some stomach pain, we have great insurance and normally I would insist on her getting it checked out. But she is stubborn and over cautious (meaning scared), insisting that she'll be fine.

This is really some serious times we are in. Individually, we'll be stronger, smarter and better when this is over.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
mostly from you...

I was curious about the hostility exhibited for a joke post...but , upon reflection, I believe that it was a reflection of P5 anger.
Lol, not so much actually as shown from the posts above.

P5 anger? [chuckle] I guess but maybe if your jokes are consistently falling flat here, maybe rethink your humor attempts?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You keep saying this, and I am not sure where you are getting this. The economy will absolutely recover after this. all that matters rightnow is that everyone does their part to stop the spread of this.
I’m not sure how you think people will survive going a year plus without working. A 1000 dollar check?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I’m not sure how you think people will survive going a year plus without working. A 1000 dollar check?
There's little doubt this will be brutal for a lot of people. But I think the question is how do you see that equating to the entire country "not existing". What the heck are you talking about?

CL82

Reaction Score
Unemployment benefits will be extended as well. The $1,000 is a stop gap measure.

Reaction Score
Unemployment benefits will be extended as well. The $1,000 is a stop gap measure.

Theres also an outside chance if the extreme did happen and it shuts down the country for year they freeze the entire economy like Denmark so things and people can still operate and live their daily lives

CL82

Reaction Score
US population = 327,200,000
327,200,000 x .6 (40 to 80% will catch it, call it 60%) = ‭196,320,000‬
196,320,000‬ x 0.014 (overall fatality rate) = ‭2,748,480‬ deaths.

Scary number but not a third of the population. It assumes no vaccine or treatment improvements. We are already hearing about some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom