OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 30 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I strongly suggest you all watch the video Courtesy of TMZ that I just posted. It explains the dynamics of the coronavirus in a way everyone can understand. If you find it informative, please forward it to your family and friends.

Reaction Score
Did everyone get a text alert from Lamont? Is thing safe to click on?

Governor Lamont Uses CTAlert System to Urge Connecticut Residents to ‘Stay Safe, Stay Home’

Posted on March 22, 2020

(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today will deliver a recorded voice message to more than four million phone numbers in Connecticut through the state’s CTAlert system in an effort to urge all residents to “Stay Safe, Stay Home” as the state continues to face the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The recording will be sent from the Emergency Operations Center in Hartford this afternoon and will be accompanied by a text message to mobile phones containing a link to the state’s coronavirus website, ct.gov/coronavirus.

Governor Lamont is the first governor in Connecticut history to utilize the CTAlert system for a statewide phone call. Residents can sign up for the CTAlert system at www.ctalert.gov.

“The CTAlert system is a vital tool to keep our residents informed, especially during a public health emergency,” Governor Lamont said. “Providing accurate information to our residents during these kind of events is important, and the CTAlert system is how we do that.”

The CTAlert system has been supporting Connecticut residents since 2009 and provides direct alert voice calls, SMS messages, and emails to more than 4.3 million connection points across email addresses and phone numbers. The system supports emergency communication efforts of multiple agencies including the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, and the Division of Statewide Emergency Telecommunications. Municipalities also utilize the alert system for local emergency updates.

“We are currently living through an emergency that we have never seen before, and making sure our residents receive direct communication from their governor is important,” Governor Lamont said.

Reaction Score
One of the basketball low points in the Big East Conference was when the Mountaineers won the tourney, and we all had to listen to "Take Me Home Country Roads" playing through the Garden's sound system.

Reaction Score
I just wanted to give a shout out to Cane fans...they have been practicing social distancing at games for a few years now...

Must sting to be one of the few teams that can't beat Miami anymore. You may want to post some recent pictures of that erector set in Tally as they have gotten pretty damn good at distancing in their own right.

Reaction Score
How to stop the Virus from spreading:

Covid-19-Transmission-graphic-01.gif

Reaction Score
***Non-political post***

Watching the presidents press conference:

why aren’t the reporters sitting or standing 6ft apart from each other?Head bang

Reaction Score
Why does he hold these conferences. They all stand right next to each other, nothing is said, and the market hits it's limit down within minutes every time.

I would say damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they stopped having these conferences, I imagine you might see some panic from "the government not talking". I'm not offering any judgement, just speculating some.

Reaction Score
I would say damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they stopped having these conferences, I imagine you might see some panic from "the government not talking". I'm not offering any judgement, just speculating some.
But we're getting panic every day he speaks because there's never a coherent message. My state is shutdown but we have other states that have done very little. It's not like we have fences on state borders to keep people out and we have planes flying from state to state every day. We have Mnuchin going around saying the country is going to be shutdown for 10-12 weeks and then we have the press conference and nothing is said. All it does is create more confusion, fear, and panic.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Governor Lamont Uses CTAlert System to Urge Connecticut Residents to ‘Stay Safe, Stay Home’

Posted on March 22, 2020

(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont today will deliver a recorded voice message to more than four million phone numbers in Connecticut through the state’s CTAlert system in an effort to urge all residents to “Stay Safe, Stay Home” as the state continues to face the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The recording will be sent from the Emergency Operations Center in Hartford this afternoon and will be accompanied by a text message to mobile phones containing a link to the state’s coronavirus website, ct.gov/coronavirus.

Governor Lamont is the first governor in Connecticut history to utilize the CTAlert system for a statewide phone call. Residents can sign up for the CTAlert system at www.ctalert.gov.

“The CTAlert system is a vital tool to keep our residents informed, especially during a public health emergency,” Governor Lamont said. “Providing accurate information to our residents during these kind of events is important, and the CTAlert system is how we do that.”

The CTAlert system has been supporting Connecticut residents since 2009 and provides direct alert voice calls, SMS messages, and emails to more than 4.3 million connection points across email addresses and phone numbers. The system supports emergency communication efforts of multiple agencies including the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, and the Division of Statewide Emergency Telecommunications. Municipalities also utilize the alert system for local emergency updates.

“We are currently living through an emergency that we have never seen before, and making sure our residents receive direct communication from their governor is important,” Governor Lamont said.
Thank you. The format of it looked a lot like those texts that say “enter your social security number to see tracking info on a prize”

Reaction Score
I had a good day today. Decompressed a bit. Ready, I hope, to tackle this weeks business challenges.

I’m trying to avoid panic both in my psyche and in my communication. That kind of spiraling accomplishes nothing.

Reaction Score
Went out for a run today on the local rail trail with the better half. Felt great to get outside and encountered very few people. Drove by the Stop & Shop parking lot...looked reasonably quiet so we decided to stock up on some things for the week. We'd been out of jellybeans for a few day, which was a problem.

Everyone seemed pretty calm and rational. Meat sections and frozen sections had very limited selection, but plenty of fresh produce.

The crown was thin enough and there were enough cashiers that there weren't substantial lines. We still used the self-scanner and self checkout and wiped down the scanner before using it. used a wipe to shield the fingers from the touchscreens and touchpads.

I'd like to think it was a fairly low-risk event.

Reaction Score
Outdoor Basketball hoops taken down in Hamden and New Haven this morning. Large amount of people still playing up until yesterday. Smh

Saw the same thing in my town (kids playing hoops) yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me if parks & rec ends up doing the same thing here.

Reaction Score
They just mentioned Connecticut on 60 Minutes, only state they mentioned. A typical week the state has 2,000 unemployment claims, last week the state had 72,000 unemployment claims.

Reaction Score
We are hunkered down. My wife and I are both working from home and I recognize we are lucky to be able to do so. Ordering groceries online and having them delivered. Keeping distance from everyone for our good and theirs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom