OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 34 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
So I see a shelf life on this of another month or so. Not that the pandemic will “go away” but people’s sanity and wallets will demand normalcy by the end of April. By that point we will know if you had it/if you recovered. I can see us trickling back to our lives. Schools in CT announced out until at least 4/20 (nice). I honestly think it’s ridiculous to announce that date when there’s really no way that happens. However, at that point people will hopefully be cognizant of being safe and washing their damn hands.

Well, yes and no.

I think we may be a month or so away from the need to relax the more extreme lock downs, but probably multiple months before we can have bigger social gatherings again, and it’s probably prudent for many distancing protocols to continue or to be enacted for a similar term (e.g. retail stores enacting and enforcing queues* or remaining delivery or curbside pickup only, or continuing their reduced “sanitize and shelf recovery” hours, nursing homes and hospitals limiting visitors more so than normally, and so forth), at least until a vaccine happens or we manage to achieve sufficient herd immunity.

Life probably isn’t going to be “pre-COVID normal” for a good long time though.

*Which in my opinion far too few stores, if any, have even bothered attempting such a thing, and as a person who works in a retail environment considered essential and which is remaining open during the current lockdown here in state, the “free for all” environment still being encouraged is anecdotally actively stressful to us who are working the floor. But that’s on the shoulders of the retailer mostly.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well, yes and no.

I think we may be a month or so away from the need to relax the more extreme lock downs, but probably multiple months before we can have bigger social gatherings again, and it’s probably prudent for many distancing protocols to continue or to be enacted for a similar term (e.g. retail stores enacting and enforcing queues* or remaining delivery or curbside pickup only, or continuing their reduced “sanitize and shelf recovery” hours, nursing homes and hospitals limiting visitors more so than normally, and so forth), at least until a vaccine happens or we manage to achieve sufficient herd immunity.

Life probably isn’t going to be “pre-COVID normal” for a good long time though.

*Which in my opinion far too few stores, if any, have even bothered attempting such a thing, and as a person who works in a retail environment considered essential and which is remaining open during the current lockdown here in state, the “free for all” environment still being encouraged is anecdotally actively stressful to us who are working the floor. But that’s on the shoulders of the retailer mostly.
Yeah it’s absolutely insane they are letting 100s of people run around in stop and shop. Some places are queuing and only letting 20 people in a store at a time.

Reaction Score
Is Florida different from other tropical regions where the temps and humidity have done nothing to affect the spread of the virus, like Brazil or Australia or Malaysia?
I don’t know anything about those locations but I thought I saw the majority of Australia’s cases were from people returning from traveling to other locations. And you are sure the heat and humidity has done nothing to slow down spread in those locations? I thought the affects were still unknown at this point.

Reaction Score
The # of cases is gowing faster now in Louisiana than anywhere in the world. You had the Mardi Gras effect, Bourbon street partying, and Evangelicals are gonna evangelical...
Screenshot_20200323-172548_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
States still have jurisdiction and Lamont ain’t opening nothing . If he lifts bans on International flights that’d be a disaster. As far as Shutdowns go its state by state. Does a place with a place with scarce population density and few cases need the restrictions NYC needs right now? Probably not.

You could be right. One issue for rural areas is they have hospitals that do not have the resources or capacity that urban ones do. They certainly do not have the money to outbid other places for PPE which is what the bigger medical institutions are having to do right now. The smaller places do not have the money to meet payroll either if it explodes. I was listening to NPR on Thursday and a rural area near Gunnison Colorado was going to hit the breaking point in short order. Opening up the public restrictions before we see a marked decline in infection numbers is a huge dice roll though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
As I expressed earlier and then basically called a jack wagon - it is very possible that mid-summer will be when much is normalized. That mid-summer is probably 10-14 weeks (I get 10 weeks is mid-june and that's not mid-summer but you get the point). Isn't China at about 10 weeks from first case to opening things back up. Is that correct, who knows, but it's real info based on an informed scientist's best guess versus me pulling something out of my hind end. The caveat is always that they worse case scenario continually, but that was the realistic perspective I got from my person.

As everyone knows, this isn't about eradicating, it's about containment and being able to properly treat those infected without crashing the medical infrastructure. This is not coming from my belief - it's coming from somebody I'm close with that is in this deep and is advising the government. I think I'm blessed and cursed to know them because I maybe get more than I want from them.

Economy will be rubbish, but will recover. Government, a combination of State and Federal, will have to be on the hook for unemployment and healthcare until normalcy returns because without those assurances things have a real chance to devolve quickly. The idea that this can't happen is absurd, it can. Will the populace now have the fortitude to be unselfish and not go stir crazy, that remains to be seen, and I personally have my doubts as we've all become accustomed to immediate gratification and almost the exact opposite of self-sacrifice.

I'm supposed to start a new senior level gig Monday and they are still working in office as of last week and I just told them today - I'll be at home even if they aren't. My wife just got treatment for two rare forms of cancer less than a year ago and we're being extremely cautious.

Wacky times.

Sorry for the screed.
You're not a jackwagon, man.

And good luck with the new gig.

Reaction Score
States still have jurisdiction and Lamont ain’t opening nothing . If he lifts bans on International flights that’d be a disaster. As far as Shutdowns go its state by state. Does a place with a place with scarce population density and few cases need the restrictions NYC needs right now? Probably not.

On the other hand, states with scarce population density can still see their health care infrastructure overwhelmed, and with far fewer cases.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You're not a jackwagon, man.

And good luck with the new gig.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Looks like we’ve may have a case in the family in nyc. 18yo nephew - fever, no taste or smell and can’t get a test. His fever has abated, but the no taste and smell is new.

If he has it, then mom and sis have a good chance of getting it. Its three people in a two bedroom place. His sister has a friend who has it, with a mother in the hospital in a ventilator.

No bueno.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the well wishes.

Looks like we’ve may have a case in the family in nyc. 18yo nephew - fever, no taste or smell and can’t get a test. His fever has abated, but the no taste and smell is new.

If he has it, then mom and sis have a good chance of getting it. Its three people in a two bedroom place. His sister has a friend who has it, with a mother in the hospital in a ventilator.

No bueno.

This Coronavirus victim lost her sense of taste and smell.

Coronavirus made me DEAF: American woman, 20, who contracted Covid-19 in Italy says the virus made her lose her hearing as well as her sense of taste and smell

Reaction Score
Seems pretty strange that 2 former NYC superstar high school basketball players would both die at 49 from the virus.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This Coronavirus victim lost her sense of taste and smell.

Coronavirus made me DEAF: American woman, 20, who contracted Covid-19 in Italy says the virus made her lose her hearing as well as her sense of taste and smell
So, I have the Corona if I have a dry cough, but I may have the Corona if I have a wet cough, but I may also have the Corona if I have no symptoms.

If I get the Corona, I may just be sick for week, but I may also end up suffocating due to fluid in my lungs and even if I don't suffocate, it may make me blind, deaf and unable to taste.

Perfect.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I have the Corona if I have a dry cough but I may have the Corona if I have a wet cough but I may also have the Corona if I have no symptoms.

If I get the Corona, I may just be sick for week, but I may also end up suffocating due to fluid in my lungs and even if I don't suffocate, it may make blind, deaf and unable to taste.

Perfect.

Not to mention we're at the beginning of prime allergy season in many parts of the country.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Big week to keep an eye on Italy. Week two post lockdown. Interesting to see how their curve looks come Friday
Incidence curve should flatten. They stopped testing the general population. Only testing hospital admissions.

More telling is Italy instituted a halt to inter community travel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom