Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

Reaction Score
Was it premature , silent , verbalation? That happened in another thread recently. Or so I thought I heard ! ;)
I'm not above telling these type of jokes as I've done more than my share over my lifetime.
But enough is enough and they don't seem to belong on this site, especially in the current environment.
Please can we all move on from this type of banter!
Bronx23

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Italian food is so overrated and not everyone likes it.
I certainly hope your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek when you typed that comment. If not, I can only pass on my sincere condolences for you missing one of the true joys of being alive: Italian food!!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Italian food is so overrated and not everyone likes it.
Too many places advertise Italian food, but do not use the proper ingredients or techniques. It is not all pasta and Ragu! Well prepared Italian food is a treat, and there so are many recipes with varying flavors and ingredients that nearly everyone could find something to enjoy. But there is no accounting for taste. I hope you get an opportunity to eat some really good Italian food and it may widen your horizons.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'm not above telling these type of jokes as I've done more than my share over my lifetime.
But enough is enough and they don't seem to belong on this site, especially in the current environment.
Please can we all move on from this type of banter!
Bronx23
Since you quoted my post , I want to apologize to you for any offense you may have taken. My post was a reference to another thread in which there was mention of a silent verbal commitment from a prospective recruit. The oxymoronic aspect is the pun. There is no other intent, and what you see is only in your eyes. If you take umbrage with the post to which I was replying , feel free to lecture that Boneyarder. You generally put a lot of thought into your posts, and I rarely disagree with your ideas. I hope that can continue to be the case.

Reaction Score
Not liking Italian food is simply unAmerican!!!!!

Can you think of an "ethnic" food that people like more?
Chinese, French, Indian, Thai?
Totally agree! The best restaurant in every country, city, etc., is the best Italian restaurant there. Of all the European countries I've been to, Italy is far and away the best for food. Spain a distant 2nd, and both are WAY ahead of France. (England and The Netherlands in a dead heat for last. If I had to choose I'd give it to England, with The Netherlands getting honorable mention for most boring.)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't want to say what I call my ex-wife. ;)
I'll just envision a photo of a woman with an X across her face. Perhaps you can tell us what she calls you?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Where is the DISLIKE button?

To my ears (and I don't think I'm unique), "Ossining players" sounds a lot like "black players" or "Jewish players" or "foreign players" would, if that were what you had written. It's an absurd generalization from a sample of two, and shows (if it shows anything) how stereotyping gets started. Haven't we learned yet not to judge individuals (especially those whom we don't even know) by caricatures of some group that they SEEM to be a part of?

I do not know anything about SVC Beercat, but I do question his post concerning Ossining players. It does seem to generalize , and I am not sure what information he used to draw his conclusions. But this post comes dangerously close to accusing him of racism, or zenophobia , or something else? You ask a very legitimate question as to what "we" have learned about caricaturization, but then come too close to doing the same thing to him that you accuse him of doing to "Ossining players". These are serious allegations or inferences. Perhaps you should have contacted SVC privately to inquire as to his thoughts before openly besmirching him in public. You might be correct in your assumptions, but surely there is a less priggish way to handle them. Be more like Portia than Procrustes please!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry but here's an example of mis-using stats.
Chong was a contributor to the team especially in her senior year, a big shot Jr. and Sr. Years against Maryland.
How much did she actually contribute to that record?
Let's not under or over rate someone's import or contribution!
Bronx23
Saniya made key shots against Florida State too.

Reaction Score
I can't believe all the nonsense concerning Ossining High School and Saniya Chong. As many have said, Saniya along with Tierney Lawlor has the best winning percentage for players playing all 4 years at UCONN. She was a key starter during her Senior Year, and she made it to the WNBA. That should say allot. Yes, Andra Espinosa Hunter did not work out at UCONN but UCONN is not necessarily a good fit for all. Time will tell if Griffin decides to accept the offer and come to UCONN. But to call Saniya things like a foul tip or a 2 run single, is simply a stupid statement to make. (and yes, I am a big Saniya Chong fan, as you can probably tell). ps - Coco Husky, please don't continue to bring up my comments regarding Geno and Dan Ricci (Ossining HS Coach), as it related to AEH, since all of the comments from Geno and Dan have been removed from the internet.

Reaction Score
I can't believe all the nonsense concerning Ossining High School and Saniya Chong. As many have said, Saniya along with Tierney Lawlor has the best winning percentage for players playing all 4 years at UCONN. She was a key starter during her Senior Year, and she made it to the WNBA. That should say allot. Yes, Andra Espinosa Hunter did not work out at UCONN but UCONN is not necessarily a good fit for all. Time will tell if Griffin decides to accept the offer and come to UCONN. But to call Saniya things like a foul tip or a 2 run single, is simply a stupid statement to make. (and yes, I am a big Saniya Chong fan, as you can probably tell). ps - Coco Husky, please don't continue to bring up my comments regarding Geno and Dan Ricci (Ossining HS Coach), as it related to AEH, since all of the comments from Geno and Dan have been removed from the internet.

I'm assuming that you have a chance to get to some Ossining games from time to time..............do you know if Ossining has played Ursuline lately?...........wanted to see if anybody has seen Sonia Citron play in person.........

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...Of all the European countries I've been to, Italy is far and away the best for food...(England and The Netherlands in a dead heat for last. If I had to choose I'd give it to England, with The Netherlands getting honorable mention for most boring.)

LOL. When I was traveling to London a few years ago, someone told me that if I wanted to experience a good meal while in England, to “eat a lot on the plane.” Not far wrong, really. But here’s another wise bit: The best food in England is often found in locally owned pubs. After a few days, I became a regular visitor to the pubs. Shepherds pie, bangers and mash, and many other delights.

Reaction Score
LOL. When I was traveling to London a few years ago, someone told me that if I wanted to experience a good meal while in England, to “eat a lot on the plane.” Not far wrong, really. But here’s another wise bit: The best food in England is often found in locally owned pubs. After a few days, I became a regular visitor to the pubs. Shepherds pie, bangers and mash, and many other delights.

I haven't been to London in ten years but I thought that they had a food revolution over there and that the food was much better then in the old days.........I know that Indian food is probably their top ethnic cuisine.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wait until she hears those damn cowbells! She will stuff the grits in her ears! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Head bang

See, if she was a movie buff as a teen she'd have had all this stuff figured out! Including train whistles.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have any of our on-campus Boneyarders seen the visitors?

I’m sure the oversized mural of Maya Moore and the 11 trophies in Geno’s office got their attention.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I remember paying a handsome bit for an Ostrich Wellington and a lot of good red wine, because the Ostrich W, despite the helpful and oh so generous punch bowl of gravy the accompanied it, was like eating a taxidermied pheasant! On that particular trip I too happened upon a little breakfast place where blue collar people ate and had my breakfast there for the rest of the stay.

Pub of chose if you are in Charring cross area the Savy Tup. Love the sandwiches they feed us tipplers just before you are herded out on the street! Savoy Tup | Bars and pubs in Charing Cross, London

The origin of the "Tup" is salacious, involving sheep and rubber boots.

Reaction Score
Have any of our on-campus Boneyarders seen the visitors?

I’m sure the oversized mural of Maya Moore and the 11 trophies in Geno’s office got their attention.

nothing on either of their twitter pages.........I know UConn really dials the hoopla down so it's not unusual to see/hear anything for a couple of days........

Reaction Score
I remember paying a handsome bit for an Ostrich Wellington and a lot of good red wine, because the Ostrich W, despite the helpful and oh so generous punch bowl of gravy the accompanied it, was like eating a taxidermied pheasant! On that particular trip I too happened upon a little breakfast place where blue collar people ate and had my breakfast there for the rest of the stay.

Pub of chose if you are in Charring cross area the Savy Tup. Love the sandwiches they feed us tipplers just before you are herded out on the street! Savoy Tup | Bars and pubs in Charing Cross, London

The origin of the "Tup" is salacious, involving sheep and rubber boots.

from what I remember the food wasn't much the beer was awesome..........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
from what I remember the food wasn't much the beer was ballawesome.....

Beer and anything else in the alcohol department .....nothing too obscure they had it. Food was very usual bar fare, small kitchen where every square foot is a fortune. But yeah, you remember it well @Charliebball

Reaction Score
Until recently, traveled to London 5-8 times per year. Can't speak to rest of England, but London's food dramatically better the past 10-15 years. Can compete with most European cities, excluding Paris.

Reaction Score
I've had Haggis and Neeps in Edinburgh and Bangers and Mash and Steak and Kidney Pie in Somerset; but really the best food to be had in London is Indian or Pakistani. The best Tandoori or Curry you can find. And one of my memorable experiences is eating at a Paki street cafe in Convent Garden. But then I have always gone for the little mom and pop places whether it was Spinach Pie and Domestica in an alley in Athens or a simply to die for thin crust tomato and olive oil pizza in Florence. Not to mention Yakitori Food carts in Yokosuka

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Until recently, traveled to London 5-8 times per year. Can't speak to rest of England, but London's food dramatically better the past 10-15 years. Can compete with most European cities, excluding Paris.
London is just filled with immigrants. The food is better, largely because the cuisine is so international there. Gordon Ramsay’s food is VERY good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom