Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You got a witness!!! ;)

I was sharing a cup of coffee with the owner of my local G & A store today when a big, tall, very western fellow came in looking for some esoteric gunsmithing (went right over my head) and he said , passing the time as his question got researched, just to pass the time that he and his brother had gone on a guided priarie gopher hunt for 2 days in the Dakotas. Didn't know you could pay some one to gopher hunt. Getting to the point - he said the guided trip included dinner at "the best Italian restaurant in the state" and he said it was terrible, with lurid details. So I had to ask him if he knew of a good Italian restaurant within 200 miles of where we were sitting. Then we all enjoyed a good laugh.

Reaction Score
I was sharing a cup of coffee with the owner of my local G & A store today when a big, tall, very western fellow came in looking for some esoteric gunsmithing (went right over my head) and he said , passing the time as his question got researched, just to pass the time that he and his brother had gone on a guided priarie gopher hunt for 2 days in the Dakotas. Didn't know you could pay some one to gopher hunt. Getting to the point - he said the guided trip included dinner at "the best Italian restaurant in the state" and he said it was terrible, with lurid details. So I had to ask him if he knew of a good Italian restaurant within 200 miles of where we were sitting. Then we all enjoyed a good laugh.

cooking Italian food is hardly rocket science..............if you have the right ingredients and even the most basic cooking skills you'd think anyone can make an acceptable meal yet I've had some pretty crappy Italian food......... even in Italy............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
cooking Italian food is hardly rocket science....if you have the right ingredients and even the most basic cooking skills you'd think anyone can make an acceptable meal yet I've had some pretty crappy Italian food.... even in Italy..

I make a pretty passable marina sauce and a very passable shrimp scampi, so I heartily concur.

Reaction Score
Coco Husky. Love you too . Since allot of this thread has turned into a post about food, I guess SNY will now have a Geno Cooking Show after every home game . (First show will feature Geno and AEH cooking up some Mississippi Short Ribs and Tape Errasure Pie)

I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. :eek: Have your comments regarding Aubrey, Coach Ricci, Geno and UCONN also been removed?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
AEH was not living up to Geno's standards. Unclear if it was academics or work habits or what.
But I would not say we have no clue as to what happened.
It was academics and more, including team rules.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine & I saw AEH her senior year. We left thinking she’d never play more than 2 years at UCONN.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A buddy of mine & I saw AEH her senior year. We left thinking she’d never play more than 2 years at UCONN.

Well that would have blooz wouldn't it; but I guess Geno blooz that plan out of the water. ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
To each his own. Were you stationed in Germany? To me nothing is more disappointing than waking up in your German hotel room and going down to the restaurant for breakfast, to be greeted by a buffet featuring all the makings of a bologna sandwich on dark, hard, dry bread. They do get the beer right, though. I went to the opening ceremony of the Munich Oktoberfest once - what a party!
12 years in Germany and 4 in The Netherlands. Went to 2 Oktoberfests, just remembered about the soft pretzels with mustard, now my mouth is watering.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
cooking Italian food is hardly rocket science....if you have the right ingredients and even the most basic cooking skills you'd think anyone can make an acceptable meal yet I've had some pretty crappy Italian food.... even in Italy..
I agree with you on that. I like to cook lasagna, chicken cacciatore, veal scalopinne with noodles, plus some other European foods, many of them I learned while working at Bruno's in West Lafayette, IN back in the 70's.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Indeed, Mali is Jordan's mom. Her posts include the home visit with Coaches Geno and Shea, some things at Africentric High, Jordan playing in the U-17 tourney, and info on Haley and other teammates from USAB.

Long lasting memories!!

Reaction Score
I agree with you on that. I like to cook lasagna, chicken cacciatore, veal scalopinne with noodles, plus some other European foods, many of them I learned while working at Bruno's in West Lafayette, IN back in the 70's.

SARGE: get OUT!!!! BRUNOS???!!!!!! Ate pizza there every Sunday night for a few years while doing some grad work out there. Tales to tall and to hear, I'm sure.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Exactly, this is one of things that I like the most about UConn! At other schools it is routine for them to put out the promotional photos of any and all recruits in full uniform. At UConn, you EARN the right to wear that uniform, through blood, sweat, and sacrifice!
Fast Eddie: No bar?
Cashier: No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else. This is Ames, mister.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Fast Eddie: No bar?
Cashier: No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else. This is Ames.

When I was a kid growing up just south of Pittsburgh , our local hangout was a pool hall. Just pool... nothing else. Well ,the old Greek guy that owned it did clean and block hats,too. There was a duck pins bowling alley upstairs for the old men. That place, Nick's Pool Hall, was the first step on the road to degradation , so to speak. ;):D:oops:

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When I was a kid growing up just south of Pittsburgh , our local hangout was a pool hall. Just pool... nothing else. Well ,the old Greek guy that owned it did clean and block hats,too. There was a duck pins bowling alley upstairs for the old men. That place, Nick's Pool Hall, was the first step on the road to degradation , so to speak. ;):D:oops:
That's Trouble my friend. Trouble with a capitol "T", that rhymes with "D" and that stands for Duck Pin Bowling. :cool:

Reaction Score
That's Trouble my friend. Trouble with a capitol "T", that rhymes with "D" and that stands for Duck Pin Bowling. :cool:

is duck pin bowling the same as candle pin bowling? Used to be be camp champion up in Waterville ME in my youth

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
is duck pin bowling the same as candle pin bowling? Used to be be camp champion up in Waterville ME in my youth
Actually I believe they are the opposite. Short and stout vs tall and thin. Vs normal 10 pin.

images

Reaction Score
Actually I believe they are the opposite. Short and stout vs tall and thin. Vs normal 10 pin.

images

oh I get it...........they had both of those in a bar up there..............almost full length lane.........much more fun and much less work then real bowling.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom