Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey and Jordan are visiting campus this weekend. I hope both have a great time and give full consideration to the advantages of playing at UConn for Geno and in front of HuskyNation. If you come, you will be a Husky and Connecticut favorite forever.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good planning. ;)

upload_2018-9-20_12-24-6.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Aubrey and Jordan are visiting campus this weekend. I hope both have a great time and give full consideration to the advantages of playing at UConn for Geno and in front of HuskyNation. If you come, you will be a Husky and Connecticut favorite forever.

Ossining players seem like an iffy proposition. Chong was decent and Andra Espinoza-Hunter was … well. Is Geno that desperate for a recruit? She may be good but the Ossining attitude regarding hard work and fitting Geno's system seems less than optimal.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I know I am being ornery. I don't see UCONN below. Why is she here? Just to say I got an offer and turned it down? I hope there is hope because she strikes me as a real player who could thrive at UCONN.
View attachment 34532
I am confused by your post. What school is listed second under "Considering"?

Reaction Score
Welcome Jordan & Aubrey!
Have a wonderful visit with the team, coaches, campus! Take it all in!
If you're primary focus is to become the best possible player you can be, and to pursue a pro career, where else could you have Geno yelling at you, CD complementing Geno and teaching you how best to comport yourself on and off the court?
AND, the best player to ever play your sport as an available alumni at the point guard, off guard, small or shooting forward and at the string forward. Of course I'm talking about Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Brianna Stewart. Where else can you even come close. I'm not mentioning bigs as neither of you are regularly playing there.
At U Conn WCBB is the "IT"! Competing against the best college teams and players during the season and likely numerous FF. The best fan base and exposure on TV anywhere!
If you're concerned with who else is coming and possible playing time, where else can you have to compete hard for that! It will only make you stronger and better, physically and mentally!
Just think about Pheesa almost making the national women's team while still in college!
The balls in both of your courts as seemingly you both have offers!
You can verbal during or after the weekend and go home and concentrate on your senior year of HS both on and off the court.
You can also let it linger, play it out, get all the additional OV, home visits, attention that will be clearly coming to and for you!
Again it's all in your hands!
What is it that you want?
Bronx23

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The title made me believe we got two commits Head bang

I wish!! Not yet. It's a little too soon to expect any verbals. The wait and the mystery continues. Even though 11 of the top 21 recruits for 2019 have given verbals, the ones in UConn's cross hairs are still looking.

Today is September 20. I'd say by Halloween, most of the uncommitted recruits should have made their selections known, except those that want to stage a large ambitious selection reveal program at their school.

For some, their reveal could come just before the early NLI signing period in mid-November (14-21). There are still some official visits that have yet to be made. It's imperative that UConn scores at least two (hopefully 4) of the coveted recruits Geno wants. Until then, the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth continues. :eek: Keep hope alive. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I’m thinking/hoping they will give the word that they’re both coming over the weekend but won’t announce until November. Wishful thinking??!! Either way I hope so!

Reaction Score
Ossining players seem like an iffy proposition. Chong was decent and Andra Espinoza-Hunter was … well. Is Geno that desperate for a recruit? She may be good but the Ossining attitude regarding hard work and fitting Geno's system seems less than optimal.

not buying what you're selling..............there's no single Ossining attitude that I'm aware of although they've been a dominant New York high school team for quite some time.........judging by what I've seen and read about Ms Griffin, she seems like a model citizen............do you really think Geno would go back to the Ossining well if he didn't see some greatness in her?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
not buying what you're selling....there's no single Ossining attitude that I'm aware of although they've been a dominant New York high school team for quite some time....judging by what I've seen and read about Ms Griffin, she seems like a model citizen..do you really think Geno would go back to the Ossining well if he didn't see some greatness in her?

Perhaps in pursuit of strike three. Chong foul tip. AEH a whiff.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Perhaps in pursuit of strike three. Chong foul tip. AEH a whiff.
I disagree that Cong was a "foul tip". I'd call he a bases clearing double. She started 33 games as a senior, helped UCONN win 3 NC's, averaged over 5.5 PPG and 2.1 APG, and I believe during her 4 years, amassed the best win-loss record of any UCONN player in our history.

Reaction Score

?

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I disagree that Cong was a "foul tip". I'd call he a bases clearing double. She started 33 games as a senior, helped UCONN win 3 NC's, averaged over 5.5 PPG and 2.1 APG, and I believe during her 4 years, amassed the best win-loss record of any UCONN player in our history.
Really? Better than the Stewart class?

Reaction Score
I think the Ossining kids are all different from each other. Aubrey is the daughter of a former NBA player and current NBA coach and reportedly thinks of UConn as her dream school. If Geno offered her--which he did--then I like her.
Milford: I agree. Chong wasn't Sue Bird or Moriah but who is?? She was the PG that took a team beaten by Stanford into the NC; is that chicken soup? If you judge any HS by your vision of what 2 players should have been you probably won't win an NC, FF, Elite8, 16, or even get an invite.
I stated in a previous posting: with the New Geno it a large step to say Never (will accept another Ossing kid) Those that actually know what happened to AEH please take one step forward.

Reaction Score
You're confused? I'd say I am confused. Sometime my dyslexia doesn't allow me to see what is there. Sorry!
I like you and your posting are usually so intelligent.
I believe you are trying to get our blood flowing because there isn't much to get us WBB stimpulated.
Keep up those great comments.

Reaction Score
I’d call Chong an RBI single up the middle. Definitely a player you want around. Put 4 years in and didn’t play as much as expected coming out of hs and got recruited over by Nurse but did her job when needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom