Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Ossining players seem like an iffy proposition. Chong was decent and Andra Espinoza-Hunter was … well. Is Geno that desperate for a recruit? She may be good but the Ossining attitude regarding hard work and fitting Geno's system seems less than optimal.
Where is the DISLIKE button?

To my ears (and I don't think I'm unique), "Ossining players" sounds a lot like "black players" or "Jewish players" or "foreign players" would, if that were what you had written. It's an absurd generalization from a sample of two, and shows (if it shows anything) how stereotyping gets started. Haven't we learned yet not to judge individuals (especially those whom we don't even know) by caricatures of some group that they SEEM to be a part of?

Reaction Score
Ossining players seem like an iffy proposition. Chong was decent and Andra Espinoza-Hunter was … well. Is Geno that desperate for a recruit? She may be good but the Ossining attitude regarding hard work and fitting Geno's system seems less than optimal.

Are you really serious, or is this statement just a bad joke ?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not to be an ALARMIST! But I saw a photo that Jordan Horston posted from her hotel room and she was wearing Alabama sweats..... Uh oh!!!!!! ;)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Are you really serious, or is this statement just a bad joke ?

Plenty to chew on for both sides in that debate; just rather not have it when we are recruiting someone. More fun after the recruit bolts (now that was meant as a joke; a mean joke but a joke)

Adamec's article:

Recruit Griffin excited to give UConn a look

"Aubrey Griffin admits that the University of Connecticut is her dream school to continue her basketball and academic careers.

But reality is that she wants to be sure the biggest decision for her to date is the right one. That's why the 6-foot senior guard/forward from Ossining, New York, plans on taking four official visits - including this weekend's trip to Storrs - before making her call.

"I've always wanted to go there, but I need something to compare it to," Griffin said Thursday. "I've been so focused on UConn it was like I didn't look at other schools. So now I'm doing that. I need to do my homework to make sure that I pick the right school, the one that's right for me."

Does the rest of her list sound familiar?

"Griffin took her first official visit to Louisville a week ago. After returning home from UConn on Sunday, she'll go to Mississippi State the weekend of Sept. 28 and to South Carolina the weekend of Oct. 5.

She has made her share of unofficial visits to UConn to attend games. But her official visit is different.

"I want to see if I'm able to get along with the players and coaches," Griffin said. "I want to find a school that I'll be able to call home the next four years."

Griffin's father, Adrian, played at Seton Hall and in the NBA and is now the top assistant coach for the Toronto Raptors. Her mother, Audrey, was an All-American in track at Seton Hall."

Adamec goes deep on this article. He is the Godfather of the Horde.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Plenty to chew on for both sides in that debate; just rather not have it when we are recruiting someone. More fun after the recruit bolts (now that was meant as a joke; a mean joke but a joke)

Adamec's article:

"Aubrey Griffin admits that the University of Connecticut is her dream school to continue her basketball and academic careers.

But reality is that she wants to be sure the biggest decision for her to date is the right one. That's why the 6-foot senior guard/forward from Ossining, New York, plans on taking four official visits - including this weekend's trip to Storrs - before making her call.

"I've always wanted to go there, but I need something to compare it to," Griffin said Thursday. "I've been so focused on UConn it was like I didn't look at other schools. So now I'm doing that. I need to do my homework to make sure that I pick the right school, the one that's right for me."

"Griffin took her first official visit to Louisville a week ago. After returning home from UConn on Sunday, she'll go to Mississippi State the weekend of Sept. 28 and to South Carolina the weekend of Oct. 5.

She has made her share of unofficial visits to UConn to attend games. But her official visit is different.

"I want to see if I'm able to get along with the players and coaches," Griffin said. "I want to find a school that I'll be able to call home the next four years."

Griffin's father, Adrian, played at Seton Hall and in the NBA and is now the top assistant coach for the Toronto Raptors. Her mother, Audrey, was an All-American in track at Seton Hall."

I'll be a bit surprised if Griffin doesn't choose either UConn or Louisville...............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll be a bit surprised if Griffin doesn't choose either UConn or Louisville.....

How good a buddy is she with AEH? AEH visited Miss State intending to visit these same schools. Never got out of Vic's office.

Reaction Score
How good a buddy is she with AEH? AEH visited Miss State intending to visit these same schools. Never got out of Vic's office.

they certainly know each other but I don't know if they are close..........Coach Vic sure can reel them in and I have a feeling AEH will be happy to contribute to the conversation with her UConn war stories............on the other hand AEH is already complaining about the heat and the food down there on her twitter account.............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Adamec's article:

Aubrey doesn’t know yet if she gets along with the coaches and players. That sounds strange to me. Hasn’t she interacted with them before/after games?

Reaction Score
I disagree that Cong was a "foul tip". I'd call he a bases clearing double. She started 33 games as a senior, helped UCONN win 3 NC's, averaged over 5.5 PPG and 2.1 APG, and I believe during her 4 years, amassed the best win-loss record of any UCONN player in our history.
Chong put in 4 positive years, the last as a starter. Even as a sub, she played key minutes in critical games. Would love to see more reserves with her level of skills. The past two years, UConn has had thin bench.

Reaction Score
Aubrey doesn’t know yet if she gets along with the coaches and players. That sounds strange to me. Hasn’t she interacted with them before/after games?

I think she views this final official visit in a far more serious light then her other visits.............who know how much time she's actually spent with the entire coaching staff and the current team in the past? I appreciate the fact that she is really trying to make the best possible decision so that she'll be less likely to regret it later on...........UConn can't afford any late changes of heart or transfers in the 2019/2020 classes......

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
One of the things, and I am paraphrasing, that AEH said when she left UCONN is that she committed to the Huskies so early that she didn't explore and compare other schools. Sounds like Griffin is doing what AEH should have done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom