Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
they certainly know each other but I don't know if they are close.....Coach Vic sure can reel them in and I have a feeling AEH will be happy to contribute to the conversation with her UConn war stories..on the other hand AEH is already complaining about the heat and the food down there on her twitter account...

Give the kid a break. She'd never heard of MSU until 2 days before she committed. It was sorta cool when she visited and I'll admit barbecue for breakfast, lunch and dinner does get tedious despite the gastric excitement it brings.

Helicopters and lawn mowers.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Aubrey doesn’t know yet if she gets along with the coaches and players. That sounds strange to me. Hasn’t she interacted with them before/after games?

So did AEH. She was there a lot. You'd think she has a better shot at evaluating those factors at UConn than any other place. If she thinks she's going to have a conversation about how and when Geno sees her making the starting rotation, then she hasn't been paying attention!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I disagree that Cong was a "foul tip". I'd call he a bases clearing double. She started 33 games as a senior, helped UCONN win 3 NC's, averaged over 5.5 PPG and 2.1 APG, and I believe during her 4 years, amassed the best win-loss record of any UCONN player in our history.
I started to say a 7-hop single up the middle, but I like your answer better. I'll add to it by saying she was batting 8th in the order.

Yes, she stands alone as the winningest four-year recruited scholarship player in UConn history, based on winning percentage.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I started to say a 7-hop single up the middle, but I like your answer better. I'll add to it by saying she was batting 8th in the order.

Yes, she stands alone as the winningest four-year recruited scholarship player in UConn history, based on winning percentage.

We had Cong! I guess I Rip Van Winkled those 4 years. We had Cong and only have 11 Naties? What happened?

Reaction Score

If I played with maya moore and Stewie, I’d have a lot of wins too.

Strange perversion of data.

Reaction Score
I think your nickname should be Harbormaster.

we had a family home overlooking the entrance to Milford harbor and Charles Island for almost 100 years..............sadly had to sell it a few years ago...........never got tired of that view........

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
If I played with maya moore and Stewie, I’d have a lot of wins too.

Strange perversion of data.
What? What perversion?

A big deal was made out of it her senior season--here, and if I'm not mistaken, on some media outlets as well. Many fans like to follow such things, especially because UConn has so many players with many wins and few losses.

I was merely confirming what @EricLA had correctly said. Was he perverting the data? Why did you not respond to him?

"If I played with maya moore and Stewie, I’d have a lot of wins too." Thanks for the penetrating insight.

Reaction Score
What? What perversion?

A big deal was made out of it her senior season--here, and if I'm not mistaken, on some media outlets as well. Many fans like to follow such things, especially because UConn has so many players with many wins and few losses.

I was merely confirming what @EricLA had correctly said. Was he perverting the data? Why did you not respond to him?

"If I played with maya moore and Stewie, I’d have a lot of wins too." Thanks for the penetrating insight.
Thanks for stating what I would have liked to stated.
What goes unstated is how hard she worked to reach the level she reached her senior year. She certainly was not the best player on the team, but she perservered and became an important contributor to the success of the team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
the day UConn loses a top ranked player to Alabama is the day I start worrying about the program..:rolleyes:
Even if the top ranked player's mother or father is the coach?

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but if I was 16 or 17 and had an opportunity to visit schools, I would do it. Even if I knew where i was going.

Told my daughter to do it, even if she knew she wasn’t going. The opportunity will never come again. So I told to enjoy it all.

Reaction Score
I’d call Chong an RBI single up the middle. Definitely a player you want around. Put 4 years in and didn’t play as much as expected coming out of hs and got recruited over by Nurse but did her job when needed.

I think Chong would have been remembered a lot differently by some, if she had not made that boneheaded play against MSU, that in all likelihood cost UConn the National Championship.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
we had a family home overlooking the entrance to Milford harbor and Charles Island for almost 100 years....sadly had to sell it a few years ago......never got tired of that view...

What a great spot & view. Hope you have some great photos hanging.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Winningest in NCAA history.

Reaction Score
Ossining players seem like an iffy proposition. Chong was decent and Andra Espinoza-Hunter was … well. Is Geno that desperate for a recruit? She may be good but the Ossining attitude regarding hard work and fitting Geno's system seems less than optimal.
This is an extremely overstated position maybe worse.
Chong was a solid player who contributed meaningfully her senior year. Don't think there was an issue with her working hard.
AEH obviously had problems in her short time at U Conn but few if any hear know really what it was about!

Bronx23

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When he behaves badly, like with this confusing thread title, he gets called 3rdbass.
:p
I was simply welcoming them on their Official Visit. If some over-eager fans read too much into the title, that’s not MY fault. ;)

Reaction Score
I’d call Chong an RBI single up the middle. Definitely a player you want around. Put 4 years in and didn’t play as much as expected coming out of hs and got recruited over by Nurse but did her job when needed.
This seems closer to a reasonable description of Chong.
She played very solidly in a needed position just about her whole senior year. She did hit a few big shots in important games and moments during the season.
While I don't hold her that responsible for the loss in the semi- finals two years ago it's hard to forget her big play when the game could have been won or at least gone into overtime. She did make a poor play there, but she truly was not a point guard and shouldn't have had the ball in her hands at that stage of the game.
Good solid support player!
Bronx23

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a great spot & view. Hope you have some great photos hanging.

many many photos................my parents and my aunt and uncle first met there.............I learned to swim there as did my daughter..........Shell Ave was a special spot.......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
many many photos......my parents and my aunt and uncle first met there...I learned to swim there as did my daughter.....Shell Ave was a special spot..
I’m going back in 2 weeks for the first time in a decade to see some high school friends.

Reaction Score
I’m going back in 2 weeks for the first time in a decade to see some high school friends.

I was back last year for the funeral of a former next door neighbor..........the town has changed a bit I'm sure but not the views..............our house has been transformed into quite a palace................even has a small infinity pool where the lawn used to be leading down to the beach.............always wanted to do that.........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was back last year for the funeral of a former next door neighbor.....the town has changed a bit I'm sure but not the views....our house has been transformed into quite a palace......even has a small infinity pool where the lawn used to be leading down to the beach...always wanted to do that....
New York money has found Milford. Any place on the water—including the river in Devon—is now upscale and $1M or more.

There was an article in the NYT about 15 years ago that said Milford was a more affordable alternative to the Hamptons. It was the first time I had ever seen them mentioned together. The very upscale oceanfront street in the Hamptons with the swimming pools and tennis courts costs $20-$50M.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom