Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
nothing on either of their twitter pages....I know UConn really dials the hoopla down so it's not unusual to see/hear anything for a couple of days...
You certainly will not see photos of the young ladies on the internet in UConn uniforms until 1st night next season....:cool:

Reaction Score
You certainly will not see photos of the young ladies on the internet in UConn uniforms until 1st night next season....:cool:

Exactly, this is one of things that I like the most about UConn! At other schools it is routine for them to put out the promotional photos of any and all recruits in full uniform. At UConn, you EARN the right to wear that uniform, through blood, sweat, and sacrifice!

Reaction Score
Since you quoted my post , I want to apologize to you for any offense you may have taken. My post was a reference to another thread in which there was mention of a silent verbal commitment from a prospective recruit. The oxymoronic aspect is the pun. There is no other intent, and what you see is only in your eyes. If you take umbrage with the post to which I was replying , feel free to lecture that Boneyarder. You generally put a lot of thought into your posts, and I rarely disagree with your ideas. I hope that can continue to be the case.
Sorry if my response personally appeared to come down on you. There were quite a few of these comments by a number of different people.
I have less patience/ tolerance for this now in light of what's going on and is so important to our country and its future.
I apologize as I truly wasn't directing the brunt of this at you personally.
Bronx23

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Sorry if my response personally appeared to come down on you. There were quite a few of these comments by a number of different people.
I have less patience/ tolerance for this now in light of what's going on and is so important to our country and its future.
I apologize as I truly wasn't directing the brunt of this at you personally.
Bronx23
Thanks. I share your concern for "what's going on and is so important to our country and its future".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, it's Saturday night and still no word. How many of you are inching closer to the ledge? Come on, fess up! ;)

Reaction Score
Ok, it's Saturday night and still no word. How many of you are inching closer to the ledge? Come on, fess up! ;)

I'm really not expecting much to come from this weekend.............it's a fact finding mission and it appears that both recruits may be seeing it out to the end.............of course if Geno & Co could close a deal or two I certainly wouldn't complain...........

Reaction Score
Think we're gonna have to wait until October or November for all four targets to publicly commit.

that's fine as long as they publicly commit to UConn..............otherwise not so much................:eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On Dangerfield Snapchat the team was hanging out with Kyrie Irving at someone’s home (Geno’s probably).
Kyrie was on Geno's first Podcast. He's close with Sue Bird. I'm thinking the recruits will be impressed. Pheesa can talk about playing with Diana in France, and Lou can talk about hanging out with Kobe.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Think we're gonna have to wait until October or November for all four targets to publicly commit.
I think some may commit earlier than that. Houston seems to be on a quick timetable, and Aubrey will visit the last of her 4 schools over the next 2 weeks. Boston won't visit until at least late October. She may be the last to announce.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
To cast stones at a whole HS and program, is just inappropriate and wrong.

I created a trend out of two data points only because one player until her senior year did not play to expectations and AEH just boogied on down the road without clue as to why. And don't tell me you did not have higher expectations for Chong. I don't "signal" or lay it between the lines. I lay it between the eyes and ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
AEH just boogied on down the road without clue as to why.

AEH was not living up to Geno's standards. Unclear if it was academics or work habits or what.
But I would not say we have no clue as to what happened.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Totally agree! The best restaurant in every country, city, etc., is the best Italian restaurant there. Of all the European countries I've been to, Italy is far and away the best for food. Spain a distant 2nd, and both are WAY ahead of France. (England and The Netherlands in a dead heat for last. If I had to choose I'd give it to England, with The Netherlands getting honorable mention for most boring.)
I'm sorry but I rate German food just above Italian, schnitzel's, bratwurst's, rolladen's, twice cooked fries, then the pastries and breads, with a good Pilsner or Bock beer. Don't get me wrong I love Italian, grew up eating good Italian food, even worked in one of the best in Central Indiana. After being stationed in Europe for 16 years, German food wins out in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I rate German food just above Italian, schnitzel's, bratwurst's, rolladen's, twice cooked fries, then the pastries and breads, with a good Pilsner or Bock beer. Don't get me wrong I love Italian, grew up eating good Italian food, even worked in one of the best in Central Indiana. After being stationed in Europe for 16 years, German food wins out in my opinion.
To each his own. Were you stationed in Germany? To me nothing is more disappointing than waking up in your German hotel room and going down to the restaurant for breakfast, to be greeted by a buffet featuring all the makings of a bologna sandwich on dark, hard, dry bread. They do get the beer right, though. I went to the opening ceremony of the Munich Oktoberfest once - what a party!

Reaction Score
If you have to say "I'd rather not guess at your motives and underlying issues," then it is because you are the one who must always have "motives and underlying issues." Accept the fact that I created a trend out of two data points only because one player until her senior year did not play to expectations and AEH just boogied on down the road without clue as to why. And don't tell me you did not have higher expectations for Chong. I don't "signal" or lay it between the lines. I lay it between the eyes and ears. You may let your imagination run wild with my so-called motives and issues but for me this is just about sports. For me their are far more important things to concerned about. I worked with a Scot who used to say "piss off."

You seem to have forgotten that Chong played injured her entire 3rd year. As for as AEH leaving "without a clue as to why", I don't remember the last UConn player or many in all of wcbb who have plainly stated why they transferred. It's always been conjecture.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
ps - Coco Husky, please don't continue to bring up my comments regarding Geno and Dan Ricci (Ossining HS Coach), as it related to AEH, since all of the comments from Geno and Dan have been removed from the internet.
I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. :eek: Have your comments regarding Aubrey, Coach Ricci, Geno and UCONN also been removed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom