Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Aubrey Griffin and Jordan Horston!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
many many photos......my parents and my aunt and uncle first met there...I learned to swim there as did my daughter.....Shell Ave was a special spot..
What year were you/your parents born? I may know you or them. Feel free to PM me.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yes. Bad 3rdbass.

We all had premature verbalation. :(
Was it premature , silent , verbalation? That happened in another thread recently. Or so I thought I heard ! ;)

Reaction Score
What year were you/your parents born? I may know you or them. Feel free to PM me.

My aunt and uncle owned the house and over the years many family members summered in Milford although they lived in NJ..........I'll never forget waking up in my cot on the screened in upstairs porch to the sound of the ocean and the seagulls at sunrise............my mom is in her eighties now and she misses Milford too

Bama fan

Reaction Score
they certainly know each other but I don't know if they are close.....Coach Vic sure can reel them in and I have a feeling AEH will be happy to contribute to the conversation with her UConn war stories..on the other hand AEH is already complaining about the heat and the food down there on her twitter account...
Wait until she hears those damn cowbells! She will stuff the grits in her ears! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Head bang

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My aunt and uncle owned the house and over the years many family members summered in Milford although they lived in NJ.....I'll never forget waking up in my cot on the screened in upstairs porch to the sound of the ocean and the seagulls at sunrise..my mom is in her eighties now and she misses Milford too
I’m younger than her and probably a little older than you.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I’ll answer to “Voice (of Reason).”

:)
Is that what you call your wife? Rumpole of the Bailey , a great character on an old BBC series, referred to his wife as "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Bama fan, post: 2853444, member: 7757"]Is that what you call your wife? Rumpole of the Bailey , a great character on an old BBC series, referred to his wife as "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

That's taken from the English adventure writer H. Rider Haggard. His novel She,
first published in the 1880s, was the first use of SWMBO, now often contorted into SWAMBO.

image.jpeg

Bama fan

Reaction Score
That's taken from the English adventure writer H. Rider Haggard. His novel She,
first published in the 1880s, was the first use of SWMBO, now often contorted into SWAMBO.

View attachment 34569
I remember that it was turned into a movie during the sixties starring one of the Bond girls.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The clincher is usually Sunday brunch at the Auriemma’s. It’s awfully difficult to turn down UConn once you’ve enjoyed a home cooked meal from Kathy Auriemma. :)

Yes but you need some good intel on what dishes to serve. Not every case is a DT case. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think Chong would have been remembered a lot differently by some, if she had not made that boneheaded play against MSU, that in all likelihood cost UConn the National Championship.

Unfortunately that is a very true statement. It’s not unusual for a player to other wise have a good career, put up decent numbers and be a good teammate only be remembered for a single play, i.e. Bill Buckner, Garo Yapremian, Jackie Smith, Jim Marshall, Joe Pisarcik etc.

Instead of being remembered for all of the big plays she made, and her overall body of work during her 4 years in Storrs, like the 3 from the corner at Maryland in the closing seconds of the game that sealed the win for UConn. In the minds of many, she’ll only be remembered for that last shot she took against MSU. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I’ll eat anything Mrs. A makes, and drink anything Geno has in his wine cellar. (I guess the wine cellar would have to be off limits to recruits.)

Italian food is so overrated and not everyone likes it.

Reaction Score
Where is the DISLIKE button?

To my ears (and I don't think I'm unique), "Ossining players" sounds a lot like "black players" or "Jewish players" or "foreign players" would, if that were what you had written. It's an absurd generalization from a sample of two, and shows (if it shows anything) how stereotyping gets started. Haven't we learned yet not to judge individuals (especially those whom we don't even know) by caricatures of some group that they SEEM to be a part of?
Completely SPOT ON!
My comment earlier alluded to this and you just stated it right out there!
I was thinking it might also be the stereotyping of a inner city public school! We hardly ever, if ever, see this comment about a fancy prep school or private school, religious or otherwise.
This thinking exists everywhere and thanks for calling it out! Those of us who have real, true, human and family values must do so!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I started to say a 7-hop single up the middle, but I like your answer better. I'll add to it by saying she was batting 8th in the order.

Yes, she stands alone as the winningest four-year recruited scholarship player in UConn history, based on winning percentage.
Sorry but here's an example of mis-using stats.
Chong was a contributor to the team especially in her senior year, a big shot Jr. and Sr. Years against Maryland.
How much did she actually contribute to that record?
Let's not under or over rate someone's import or contribution!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom