Walking Dead Season 8 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

Reaction Score
The Maggie pregnancy timeline juxtaposed with Carl adds to the on-screen denial, inescapable speed aging by Carl versus to avoid further plot drag Maggie won't give birth until he's in his 30's.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Maggie pregnancy timeline juxtaposed with Carl adds to the on-screen denial, inescapable speed aging by Carl versus to avoid further plot drag Maggie won't give birth until he's in his 30's.
Still my hypothesis, he's the last one standing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not a great episode, nor terrible. Just meh.
  • Do not understand why Michonne thought the plan with the truck was super risky. They did it easily. There wasn't even anyone for the snipers to shoot.
  • Rick fight was decent. Ending was a nice surprise for him after that.
  • Enjoyed most of the Eugene bits. The ipod, speaker and little plane was clever. Glad Dwight shot it, not him.
  • Downside of the Eugene stuff. It's not believable. Staying alive as an imperative is something we all share. Nobody is as risk averse as this guy.
  • Negan is one weird guy. Perhaps megalomaniacs actually think that way. He seems to believe that he's a benefit to society.
All in all, not much happened.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why did Jadis agree to help Rick after he somehow kicked all their butts? She had a bunch of men with assault rifles all around him? Why does Rick suddenly believe they've turned a new leaf? At this point, I'd have to believe Negan is okay with the leaders presented to him with their heads on a pike, if there was no realistic way they could transport them to the saviors compound?

I'm willing to bet Carl is killed off/goes missing in the next episode. Rick has Judith and that other girl to take his place. Guessing Negan blames Eugene for what just happens, ends him too. Father Gabriel should probably die of his infection, considering the doctor claimed they didn't have the modern medican to help him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not a great episode, nor terrible. Just meh.
  • Do not understand why Michonne thought the plan with the truck was super risky. They did it easily. There wasn't even anyone for the snipers to shoot.
  • Rick fight was decent. Ending was a nice surprise for him after that.
  • Enjoyed most of the Eugene bits. The ipod, speaker and little plane was clever. Glad Dwight shot it, not him.
  • Downside of the Eugene stuff. It's not believable. Staying alive as an imperative is something we all share. Nobody is as risk averse as this guy.
  • Negan is one weird guy. Perhaps megalomaniacs actually think that way. He seems to believe that he's a benefit to society.
All in all, not much happened.
Well his claim to Gabriel was that the sanctuary was a mess until he took over. So leading such a dominant force during the apocalypse probably would fuel anyone's ego.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well so much for my theory of Carl being the last man standing. Guess Chandler Riggs has other things he'd like to pursue. Maybe Carl will last longer in the comics.

Reaction Score
Didn't one of Rick's crew (Rosita?) go to the Sanctuary with a rifle/scope to unsuccessfully take out Negan? And in the mid-season finale, Negan struts around completely exposed outside the Alexandria gates and not one person takes a shot at him???

Reaction Score
I was happy to see Carl get bit but man what a horrendous season so far. Terrible episode (aside from Carl).

Now I can look forward to several episodes of a distraught Rick screaming “Coral!!!!!”

Reaction Score
I thought that mid-season finale was very entertaining & kind of made up for the supposed all-out-war' season by having at least one episode of all out war. The show benefits from its large handicap of zero strategy expected, so when we got 3 coordinated attacks out of the inexplicably large #s again Saviors, the crossfire via Dwight, & Maggie shooting the obviously militant prisoner dude it almost felt like a season in one episode. Carl's speech was great and I think Rick & Negan's fight was fun (Rick speaks for all of us; "do you EVER shut up!") although it was one of at least 10 scenes where I wasn't 100% sure who I was looking at due to unnecessarily extreme darkness.

The upside of Carl's likely demise is that the show doesn't go on for another 5+ years with him assuming a John Connor mythology. Let Carl die honorably, purposefully for the cause, then march baby Judith & a few originals to Shangri-La and we are outta here.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought that mid-season finale was very entertaining & kind of made up for the supposed all-out-war' season by having at least one episode of all out war. The show benefits from its large handicap of zero strategy expected, so when we got 3 coordinated attacks out of the inexplicably large #s again Saviors, the crossfire via Dwight, & Maggie shooting the obviously militant prisoner dude it almost felt like a season in one episode. Carl's speech was great and I think Rick & Negan's fight was fun (Rick speaks for all of us; "do you EVER shut up!") although it was one of at least 10 scenes where I wasn't 100% sure who I was looking at due to unnecessarily extreme darkness.

The upside of Carl's likely demise is that the show doesn't go on for another 5+ years with him assuming a John Connor mythology. Let Carl die honorably, purposefully for the cause, then march baby Judith & a few originals to Shangri-La and we are outta here.
Don't think there is a Shangri-La. At least in Kirkman's world.

Reaction Score
Don't think there is a Shangri-La. At least in Kirkman's world.
And that's fine in a comic book, but for TV series to maintain interest & a hook they need something to strive for. President Carl has spit the bit[e], so need something to strive for even if its never found. Just like Bruce Banner kept walking until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And that's fine in a comic book, but for TV series to maintain interest & a hook they need something to strive for. President Carl has spit the bit[e], so need something to strive for even if its never found. Just like Bruce Banner kept walking until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.
I don't remember what Caine was looking for. ;)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Like Tommyboy when the show ends at 10 o'clock I am not thinking about it until 7:30 the following Sunday.

I really enjoyed the finale (just watched it). A total turnaround by the Saviours v. good guys. did chuckle at their strength in numbers.

I assumed Carl was bit between being on top of the fence and the ground whence he landed. He pretty much hobbled ever since. Or maybe he was bit in the sewer? Anyway, seeing the bite was a shocker to me and Mrs. Dove. And an abdominal bite has me now thinking it happened as he jumped down in the sewer.

Enjoyed Eugene. His "I must survive at all costs" has been a thing from the beginning.

I really hate Morgan. And when he meets Maddy she will, too.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why did they show Rick getting his gun back if he wasn't going to shoot Negan? He got tackled out of the window, but for some reason ran away.

Why did Rick use the wrong side of the bat on Negans face?

I wish Negan wasn't so cocky he would walk around Ricks house with just a bat too, at least have a gun ready just in case.

Carl got bit while fighting the walkers with that guy, why didn't he tell anybody? Do they have nothing to treat infections anymore?

What happened to the garbage pail kids? Looks like Rick left without them?

Why didn't anyone shoot that savior who shot Dwight? The rest were clearly dead, you would've thought they would've wanted to close in on him faster.

Reaction Score
I am thinking Carl is planning on leaving the group and striking out on his own, and faked the bite so he can leave under the guise of not wanting anyone to have put him down and giving them closure so that nobody goes looking for him.

Reaction Score
Why did Rick use the wrong side of the bat on Negans face?

Why didn't anyone shoot that savior who shot Dwight? The rest were clearly dead, you would've thought they would've wanted to close in on him faster.
Yea, really. This is life or death, bash his friggin' head in. Game over.

For reals, they manage to pick off everyone else, but the one girl who was shielding herself from gunfire on the wrong side of the same car Dwight was using, thusly likely putting herself in clear line of sight, c'mon.

Hey Saviors, you mean, a whole town just vanished into thin air but you've got both exits blocked, they're clearly not in the houses that you're blowing up (more on that) and you don't think to check underground/sewers?

Also, where was the army of Saviors when Rick and Michonne decided to go for a leisurely stroll back through Alexandria? I doubt Negan would eschew bodyguards/backup in such a situation.

So grenade launchers will just up and blow up whole houses/buildings?

Hilltoppers!!! Road is blocked! Maggie you know better! Car lights lazily roll up on you! You know better! You're all holding automatic rifles! Get the hell out of your convoy where it looked like you had numbers and start shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know its a TV show, and I'm no military tactics expert, but the staging and illogicalness of the firefights and battles some times really bothers me. The action this season feels like its been conceived and plotted out by a few middle school comic book nerds. Oh, you're saying it probably was, ok, figures.

Ok, nits have been picked.

I still want to enjoy what has been years of mindless entertainment but they are really making it harder and harder. It wasn't a terrible episode, and it really seemed like they were trying to deliver a action packed midseasoner, but every set piece these days mostly just leaves me scratching my head.

Oh, bye Carl. No big loss.

Reaction Score
I know its a TV show, and I'm no military tactics expert, but the staging and illogicalness of the firefights and battles some times really bothers me. The action this season feels like its been conceived and plotted out by a few middle school comic book nerds. Oh, you're saying it probably was, ok, figures.
I still want to enjoy what has been years of mindless entertainment but they are really making it harder and harder. It wasn't a terrible episode, and it really seemed like they were trying to deliver a action packed midseasoner, but every set piece these days mostly just leaves me scratching my head.
I honestly think that b/c they've had increasingly (1) unbelievable decisions, (2) poorly conceived set pieces and (3) no strategies or (4) no linear plot development that I've now totally dismissed the plausible factor for anything that happens & just take it at face value. It is like a lot of TV shows where dumb inexplicable things happen (esp true in comedies), but that's just the show's reality. Kids always age super fast on TV, distances on TV mean nothing, extras, #s come and go as needed. The Walking Dead literally maximizes the abuse of any and all TV conventions. Starting with Zombies loosened their tether on reality and they've taken every bit of rope possible. Of course the fundamental problem is the action of the show is 95% about the very realities it abuses & overarching themes have only been detected by the most devout suspenders of disbelief.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, really. This is life or death, bash his friggin' head in. Game over.
I was more WTF, when Rick went out the window with his gun, why not just wait there and shoot Negan when he comes to the window, instead of running away?

For reals, they manage to pick off everyone else, but the one girl who was shielding herself from gunfire on the wrong side of the same car Dwight was using, thusly likely putting herself in clear line of sight, c'mon.
I'm thinking/assuming she just took off and headed back to Negan. Better question why didn't they set up the ambush as a crossfire instead of all being on one side of the road??

Hey Saviors, you mean, a whole town just vanished into thin air but you've got both exits blocked, they're clearly not in the houses that you're blowing up (more on that) and you don't think to check underground/sewers?
Well they knew they ran the road block at the back exit. I guess they assumed everybody got out that way or ran off into the woods. Don't know if they would even notice the underground sewers in the dark and smoke.

Also, where was the army of Saviors when Rick and Michonne decided to go for a leisurely stroll back through Alexandria? I doubt Negan would eschew bodyguards/backup in such a situation.
Well half of them were cut down with Dwight. The others probably went looking for Alexandrians in the woods. ???

So grenade launchers will just up and blow up whole houses/buildings?
Hit the gas lines. ;)

Hilltoppers!!! Road is blocked! Maggie you know better! Car lights lazily roll up on you! You know better! You're all holding automatic rifles! Get the hell out of your convoy where it looked like you had numbers and start shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, that was just WTF??

Oh, bye Carl. No big loss.
Oh it's a huge loss. Monumental departure from the comics. I believe a lot of the future plot lines focus around Carl in the comics. Which may (or may not) be better???

Reaction Score
Most of the season has been awful. I feel like the writers think they can give us any crap and we should like it.

This group never learns. They repeat the same stupid mistakes and often ends in getting people killed. For example Darryl doing what ever he wants going rogue and ruining everything. Not the first time Darryl has been guilty of this.

The problem is we only care about a small group of people yet they want to focus on characters like Eugene?!! Eric?!? Please. I cared more about the tiger!!!

So many other problems

The trash people Rick was trying to recruit just disappeared

Sheet metal can reflect AR-15 and AK 47 fire.

At this point the show is over saturated with characters making dumb decisions just... Because. The entire cast save for rick, michone, Carl, Carol Maggie and possible daryl should be killed off and the show should go back to the basics of surviving and also cut the season down to 10-12 episodes.

I can't stand eugiene, way to much of last episode was dedicated to his dilemma that no body can possibly care about, he's been outed as a liar many, many times and people are supposed to want to see more of him?

so rick is stuck in a box for the 400th time.

michonne "i NEED to see sanctuary" errr, no, you DONT need to see it.

Reaction Score
They've officially lost me. I no longer feel anything for the characters or plot line. I'll keep watching as a Sunday night routine if my wife wants to, but I'm fine moving in.
The episode definitely gets worse in rearview, trash people walking undid two episodes yet doesn't even show up in my top 5:
1. Rick, Carol and King's protector get hit by unknown truck - Knight's protector appears later as prisoner, inexplicably Rick & Carol show up at Alexandria & Kingdom.
2. They yada-yada's Saviors escape from sanctuary trap with 'Eugene'
3. Where did the all the trucks (they wouldn't disable as part of siege, were they in an underground garage!?) AND 3 forces of attack people come from, a few epis back they only had the roundtable to hold off worker revolt?
4. Guns, bullets and newfound grenade launchers powerful enough to blow-up the aforementioned natural gas filled houses. Apparently there were other armies, garrisons etc that Dwight didn't warn about yet participated in employing.
5. Carl's bite wasn't shown, acquired for sake of a random thus totally unearned. THEY HAVE BODY ARMOR and he had a gun on him, inexcusable and you aren't alive this long (he's lived 1.5 - 10 yrs in the apocalypse ;) if you can go down that easy. And episode would have been better if we'd known of the bite all along vs stupid SHOCKER reveal.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll see if I can do better than 50%. :cool:

1. Rick, Carol and King's protector get hit by unknown truck - Knight's protector appears later as prisoner, inexplicably Rick & Carol show up at Alexandria & Kingdom.
This one is pretty easy. (at least the 2nd person to mess this up). It was pretty obvious they were all driving and heading to their respective destinations...hence they were all driving different vehicles. They even talked about it (if the lookouts had left their vehicles) before they took off from the Sanctuary.
2. They yada-yada's Saviors escape from sanctuary trap with 'Eugene'
It think they used a massive amount of firepower and opened up a path, then used the loud speakers to draw the rest away. The idea was that if Eugene could replenish their ammunition supply, they could do that. (Personally if I had a way out, I'd use it and not worry so much about later.)

3. Where did the all the trucks (they wouldn't disable as part of siege, were they in an underground garage!?) AND 3 forces of attack people come from, a few epis back they only had the roundtable to hold off worker revolt?
I assume they still had a lot of trucks in the compound. (would Rick and Co have been better off blowing them up? duh.) Also assuming some (most??) of the workers have been promoted. ??:confused:

4. Guns, bullets and newfound grenade launchers powerful enough to blow-up the aforementioned natural gas filled houses. Apparently there were other armies, garrisons etc that Dwight didn't warn about yet participated in employing.
Yea, I guess they still had some armaments in the Sanctuary??? :confused: OR, yea Negan didn't let Dwight in on everything.

5. Carl's bite wasn't shown, acquired for sake of a random thus totally unearned. THEY HAVE BODY ARMOR and he had a gun on him, inexcusable and you aren't alive this long (he's lived 1.5 - 10 yrs in the apocalypse ;) if you can go down that easy. And episode would have been better if we'd known of the bite all along vs stupid SHOCKER reveal.
Well I believe he was bitten when saving that guy. Hence why he was sacrificing himself and writing his dad a letter, and stumbling around. He knew at that point he was going to die anyway. However, yea at this point in the apocalypse getting bit is pretty lame. However since it is a (at least partially) zombie show, people are gonna get bit. What are you gonna do?

Somebody posted recently we haven't had anyone get bit and die slowly in quite awhile. Well, now it looks like we do.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finally watched it. It sucked and contained so many idiotic and stupid plot devices as to have fully jumped the shark at this point. Honestly, it was so much better in season 1, and would be so much more compelling if it reflected even a little of what would be the reality of life in a zombie Apocalypse. I'm getting a zombie video game for my fix.

So what was good?
  • Maggie killing that guy. Wrong guy, but still.
  • Carl's speech with Negan. Carl owned that.
  • The general war outcome so far. Two communities in exile and one fortifying its position and holding hostages.
Did anyone else ever wonder why, at the point when the three communities were under the Saviors' thumbs, they didn't just pack up everything they had and go elsewhere? Why let 2/3 your people die fighting a large force that controls the area. The world is hardly overpopulated at this point. Go somewhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom