Walking Dead Season 8 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did anyone else ever wonder why, at the point when the three communities were under the Saviors' thumbs, they didn't just pack up everything they had and go elsewhere? Why let 2/3 your people die fighting a large force that controls the area. The world is hardly overpopulated at this point. Go somewhere else.
All 3 of them had a pretty nice set up, food, electricity, housing. Rick's group was tired of being on the road. Real tired. And there weren't a lot of walkers around. I mean I can see why you might want to leave, but there were good reasons for staying too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All 3 of them had a pretty nice set up, food, electricity, housing. Rick's group was tired of being on the road. Real tired. And there weren't a lot of walkers around. I mean I can see why you might want to leave, but there were good reasons for staying too.

Sure. It's a good gig until somebody shows up, kills you people, takes your guns and requires you to go into danger to find stuff that you have to give to them or takes the food that you produce. At that point, you fight back if you can win with few losses, or you go elsewhere.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sure. It's a good gig until somebody shows up, kills you people, takes your guns and requires you to go into danger to find stuff that you have to give to them or takes the food that you produce. At that point, you fight back if you can win with few losses, or you go elsewhere.
Some people just really like to fight for what they have instead of running away. It's a choice.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Some people just really like to fight for what they have instead of running away. It's a choice.

Usually I'd be one of them. In this case, it's a plot device and nothing more.

Reaction Score
The show is incredibly dumb, but the most WTF plot point to me was the Saviors being in complete disarray trapped within the surrounding zombie horde, with their workers ready to revolt, when they're overrun by invading walkers on top of that, Eugene figures out a way to get them out, and in less than an hour they know exactly where everyone is heading, how to cut them off, have forces all delegated and organized with weapons, and everyone is confident in their job to do that.

Just completely moronic, I truly liked Carl's storyline of getting bit unbeknownst to the viewers and having that sad moment at the end, but the entirety of flipping the Saviors situation on its head just to flip it back illogically was insanity. I think they would have done a lot better to just have them break out of their bad situation with the zombie horde, and go to one of the 'good guy' towns and take over. Then we're back in a stalemate of each side has forces and weapons, and is looking for a way forward.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The show is incredibly dumb, but the most WTF plot point to me was the Saviors being in complete disarray trapped within the surrounding zombie horde, with their workers ready to revolt, when they're overrun by invading walkers on top of that, Eugene figures out a way to get them out, and in less than an hour they know exactly where everyone is heading, how to cut them off, have forces all delegated and organized with weapons, and everyone is confident in their job to do that.

Just completely moronic, I truly liked Carl's storyline of getting bit unbeknownst to the viewers and having that sad moment at the end, but the entirety of flipping the Saviors situation on its head just to flip it back illogically was insanity. I think they would have done a lot better to just have them break out of their bad situation with the zombie horde, and go to one of the 'good guy' towns and take over. Then we're back in a stalemate of each side has forces and weapons, and is looking for a way forward.

The real beauty of the Carl situation is that he was the most annoying and disliked character throughout all the seasons, and finally, he breaks through this season. We start to think, "hey, Carl is alright". He became a stand up guy and not the whiny brat he was. So they kill him. It's perfect.

Reaction Score
The real beauty of the Carl situation is that he was the most annoying and disliked character throughout all the seasons, and finally, he breaks through this season. We start to think, "hey, Carl is alright". He became a stand up guy and not the whiny brat he was. So they kill him. It's perfect.
Too true, I'd add appropriate that Carl's demise is an annoying hair-brained wander around stunt ala his sole purpose in seasons 1-4 - 'uh oh, where is Carrrull !!'.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Season 8 resumed last night. I almost fell asleep. What a waste of an hour.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Season 8 resumed last night. I almost fell asleep. What a waste of an hour.
A "goodbye Carl" episode. A bit draggy. Good thing Morgan killed some people for us.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A "goodbye Carl" episode. A bit draggy. Good thing Morgan killed some people for us.

Would have been better if somebody said....let's put him out of his misery and shot Carl in the head in the first five minutes. At least Chandler can cut his hair now. He looked like an idiot.

Thank God for Morgan and Carol. Hopefully they can get back to it next week.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Would have been better if somebody said....let's put him out of his misery and shot Carl in the head in the first five minutes. At least Chandler can cut his hair now. He looked like an idiot.

Thank God for Morgan and Carol. Hopefully they can get back to it next week.
He had his hair cut on Talking Dead.

I think Morgan's lost it again. He's probably gonna take off again.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He had his hair cut on Talking Dead.

I think Morgan's lost it again. He's probably gonna take off again.

We know Morgan is gone. He's joining the other Walking Dead show.

Reaction Score
Show is limping badly to finish line. Happy Carl is gone but even that can’t save show.

Carol and Morgan are only likeable characters.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Has this show been renewed? Its time to tap out.

Carol is likeable. Morgan is definitely not. I like Judith a lot. And Aaron is okay but everyone likes the gay guys.

Reaction Score
Has this show been renewed? Its time to tap out.

Carol is likeable. Morgan is definitely not. I like Judith a lot. And Aaron is okay but everyone likes the gay guys.

So glad Carl is dead, he was beyond annoying. Carol is a great character, Darryl is the worst.

I did come up with a good spin off. The show would center around Rosita going into every lingerie shop and trying everything on.

Reaction Score
So glad Carl is dead, he was beyond annoying. Carol is a great character, Darryl is the worst.

I did come up with a good spin off. The show would center around Rosita going into every lingerie shop and trying everything on.
Glad I found this thread. What in the hell has happened to this show over the last few seasons? Did the writers quit? The actors are over-acting. The fight scenes are so fake. The zombies have become a non factor. All of these drawn out overly dramatic speeches. Fear the walking dead has better characters by far. I want Neegan to kill Rick and his entire crew.

Reaction Score
Glad I found this thread. What in the hell has happened to this show over the last few seasons? Did the writers quit? The actors are over-acting. The fight scenes are so fake. The zombies have become a non factor. All of these drawn out overly dramatic speeches. Fear the walking dead has better characters by far. I want Neegan to kill Rick and his entire crew.

The show is a train wreck but to be fair the actors have been over acting since season 1. Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohen are just painful.

Reaction Score
When carl hesitated and talked more once reaching for his gun, I was like "just literally hand it to anyone in the audience for the last few seasons, they'll gladly do it for you"

Reaction Score
I'm surprised they didn't go all out and have Rick see Carl wave to him turn and grab Lori's (dressed in white) hand and suddenly have Boyz 2 Men "end of the road" kick on as the camera slowly pans out..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm surprised they didn't go all out and have Rick see Carl wave to him turn and grab Lori's (dressed in white) hand and suddenly have Boyz 2 Men "end of the road" kick on as the camera slowly pans out..
Yeah. Frankly, as I was watching this last episode I kept wondering why I ever loved this show so much. Every single thread of every plot line seemed contrived, open ended, and irreparably broken. Each character has become a cartoon cut out of what their potential was. Sad. At least when Game Of Thrones fails it fails with a boldness, a style. Even when GOT shortens timelines like the snap of a rubber band, at least you know they'll be some meat to chew on, a nice turn of phrase, a performance to enjoy, some plot line resolved. Not with TWD. Sad.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why bother, they're already dead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom