Walking Dead Season 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

Reaction Score
Episode was ok, certainly got more direct with respect to the battle & war. I would actually like the Rick Batman-esque cliffhanger if I didn't know via last week's Gabriel cliffhanger that they are more likely than not to let it dangle for a week.

This week's topic for debate:
Would it help the plot if they spent time explaining where the Saviors HQ is and how/where their various outposts work?
Pro - We'd know what the Alexandrian's need to accomplish and could have better understanding of their challenges.
Cons - We know what the Alexandrian's know (mostly) and therefore can only see/guess along with them.
Reality: If they laid out Rick's actual plan or a map of the enemies holdings they'd have to stick with it and be logical about it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Episode was ok, certainly got more direct with respect to the battle & war. I would actually like the Rick Batman-esque cliffhanger if I didn't know via last week's Gabriel cliffhanger that they are more likely than not to let it dangle for a week.
I imagine we'll get back to the Sanctuary for Gabriel and Negan. Also what's going on with Dwight, Stephen, and his other LTs? But yea, hopefully we'll see what happens with Rick and Gracie.

In the previews it looks like Jesus has his group stuck with transporting a bunch of prisoners/captives. I can foresee no problems with that scenario. :rolleyes:

side note; before they showed Morales, I thought to myself, that sounds like that guy from Season 1. :D

This week's topic for debate:
Would it help the plot if they spent time explaining where the Saviors HQ is and how/where their various outposts work?
Pro - We'd know what the Alexandrian's need to accomplish and could have better understanding of their challenges.
Cons - We know what the Alexandrian's know (mostly) and therefore can only see/guess along with them.
Reality: If they laid out Rick's actual plan or a map of the enemies holdings they'd have to stick with it and be logical about it.
I think you're on to something there. I would love to see a map layout of all the places. (probably can find something on line). But yea, I think they believe it would limit them with where they want the plot to go.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I would assume we're getting the Negan back story episode and thus a view of how he planned his empire. I need to know what he did for a living before the world died.

Based on attire and greaser look...auto mechanic.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would assume we're getting the Negan back story episode and thus a view of how he planned his empire. I need to know what he did for a living before the world died.

Based on attire and greaser look...auto mechanic.
LOL. I don't think we get that yet. Gimple has said it's pretty straight out (war/gun fights) for the first 4 episodes. Then I imagine it'll slow down a little. Maybe then. I'm thinking he was a gym teacher. ala Mr Woodcock.

MR-WOODCOCK-DI-03.jpg

Reaction Score
LOL. I don't think we get that yet. Gimple has said it's pretty straight out (war/gun fights) for the first 4 episodes. Then I imagine it'll slow down a little. Maybe then. I'm thinking he was a gym teacher. ala Mr Woodcock.

I'm going with hedge fund manager and former athlete. Ruthless and arrogant. Also, his greaser look seems a bit too crisp/clean even in the apocalypse. More like the multi-millionaire on a custom Harley than a Daryl/Merle.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm going with hedge fund manager and former athlete. Ruthless and arrogant. Also, his greaser look seems a bit too crisp/clean even in the apocalypse. More like the multi-millionaire on a custom Harley than a Daryl/Merle.

I'm guessing something akin to Will Patton's general character in The Postman. He was a copier salesman.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

MR-WOODCOCK-DI-03.jpg
Im not saying it should happen soon. But within this season...maybe when he is looking up at Rick wielding Lucille, Gimple will fade to the back story.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finally watched episode 2. Didn't suck, but this disjointed jumping to locations that are mostly not familiar is weird. At least at the radar station we've been there before. I have no idea where Rick and Daryl are. Even an overhead view would give us more context about these facilities.

I'll give "team good guys" credit, they are planning these attacks a whole lot better than they have previously. I don't know where they got the firepower, and why all their ARs seem to be full auto. They wouldn't be, and even if they were, only a bunch or morons would fire them in that mode in a post Apocalypse situation where there is no ammo at WalMart. But then, the gasoline would have degraded and stopped working several years ago too.

Reaction Score
Definitely setting up an internal fight over humanity. Should all enemy combatants be killed regardless of surrender/capture (Daryl, Tasha, Morgan), or should they be treated as prisoners of war with the assumption that they will someday be released / rehabilitated (Jesus, Maggie (what Glen would've wanted), even Rick).

It's a tough question. I hope they don't make it too easy of an answer. The that killed the Kingdom kid should be killed (in my opinion). Morales had to be popped. The guy by the tree that Daryl killed? That's a tougher one.

Looks like the good guys are taking a beating in the next episode. Did Dwight tip off the Saviors? Is someone on to Dwight? Was the gun movement and ambush just luck?

Reaction Score
Oh hey, Morales is ba....ahhh, nevermind.
That was a stupid waste of however many minutes of useless dialogue, presumably just because the guys name is a homonym for morals. Other hole was Maggie taking in the liar and the prisoners (how do they feed them, obviously will plot an escape/revolt). Otherwise a good episode, action moved well from place to place, Daryl killing the two guys pragmatically vs Rick was smart, and the Morgan - Jesus fight was particularly cool b/c you didn't know who would win.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was a stupid waste of however many minutes of useless dialogue, presumably just because the guys name is a homonym for morals.
Uhhh, no.

I think they wanted to show (or show Rick anyway), 2 people who were once on the same side, both traveled a rough road to get here. Met again as enemies, so who's bad, and who's good? Or are they both "Monsters"?

Reaction Score
could barely get into Episode 3. I'm not sure if i'm just losing interest in this show or not completely paying enough attention.

Reaction Score
Uhhh, no.

I think they wanted to show (or show Rick anyway), 2 people who were once on the same side, both traveled a rough road to get here. Met again as enemies, so who's bad, and who's good? Or are they both "Monsters"?
Its the same thing, are morals/morales dead, are we the walking dead/monsters or is it the zombies. What is the difference between zombie senseless killing to sustain zombie life vs humans (incidentally is a fed zombie fortified and more robust?!). Should Morgan kill or not kill, Carol, Jesus, Daryl, Rick, Maggie. Etc. Essentially the debate between Shane & Dale or Rick wages into every scene for however many seasons. Daryl's line when he kills the guy after Rick gave his word was the lone sane writer in the room speaking for the exasperated audience, "it don't matter, not one little bit."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Its the same thing, are morals/morales dead, are we the walking dead/monsters or is it the zombies. What is the difference between zombie senseless killing to sustain zombie life vs humans (incidentally is a fed zombie fortified and more robust?!). Should Morgan kill or not kill, Carol, Jesus, Daryl, Rick, Maggie. Etc. Essentially the debate between Shane & Dale or Rick wages into every scene for however many seasons. Daryl's line when he kills the guy after Rick gave his word was the lone sane writer in the room speaking for the exasperated audience, "it don't matter, not one little bit."
But they are beginning to introduce that it will. If you are trying to society "build", you can't be killing everyone else off. Then there is no "build".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
But they are beginning to introduce that it will. If you are trying to society "build", you can't be killing everyone else off. Then there is no "build".

The other element that they played up was that if they are just going to indiscriminately kill all the Saviors, then they are no better than the Saviors. It's bad guys against bad guys. I think Rick started to remember what he wanted to be, and probably was not happy that Daryl killed that guy. Morgan is obviously struggling. Carol had her struggle.

It will be interesting to see where they take this. The living killing the living mostly helps the dead.

Reaction Score
The other element that they played up was that if they are just going to indiscriminately kill all the Saviors, then they are no better than the Saviors. It's bad guys against bad guys. I think Rick started to remember what he wanted to be, and probably was not happy that Daryl killed that guy. Morgan is obviously struggling. Carol had her struggle.

It will be interesting to see where they take this. The living killing the living mostly helps the dead.
Possibly, but they've never gotten to any long view of society building - this is way less deep and simply a setup for prisoner revolt. Do you expect them to institute a prison reform system teaching the saviors right from wrong?
The show isn't written well enough for a thoughtful treatise on how to rebuild society . Its dramatic tension is always centered on a villain. The formula is new bad guy is even worse. I find the gratuitous sprinkling in of repetitive crisis of conscience less and less convincing. This is what the 4th turn to that theme for Morgan? Carol too. Gotta be up to 25 conscience crisis for Rick (did it start with prisoner at Farm or earlier)?!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Possibly, but they've never gotten to any long view of society building - this is way less deep and simply a setup for prisoner revolt. Do you expect them to institute a prison reform system teaching the saviors right from wrong?
The show isn't written well enough for a thoughtful treatise on how to rebuild society . Its dramatic tension is always centered on a villain. The formula is new bad guy is even worse. I find the gratuitous sprinkling in of repetitive crisis of conscience less and less convincing. This is what the 4th turn to that theme for Morgan? Carol too. Gotta be up to 25 conscience crisis for Rick (did it start with prisoner at Farm or earlier)?!
Earlier? In Vatos (1-4)?

Reaction Score
I can't watch this guy soap opera any more.

Where the hell did everyone find semi automatic rifles with unlimited amount of ammo?

The tiger is stupid

I literally can't wait for the final episode.

I stopped watching, but I will watch the final episode.

'Hope you got your pants on"

That was the dumbest line ever

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The tiger is stupid

'Hope you got your pants on"

That was the dumbest line ever
They gotta throw the comic fans a bone now and then.

I literally can't wait for the final episode.

I stopped watching, but I will watch the final episode.
You might have a long wait on that one.

Reaction Score
could barely get into Episode 3. I'm not sure if i'm just losing interest in this show or not completely paying enough attention.

It ain’t exactly a show you have to pay attention too. It’s just a poor show. Tons of potential. And I think that’s what has me coming back, only to be dissapointed.

Just power watched all 3 episodes. Horrendous. And Lauren Cohens accent and acting in the third episode was hysterical. Has there been a worse attempt of an accent? Jack Nicholson in the departed is somewhat close.

Reaction Score
I'm 5 minutes into this episode and I just can't take the actor playing Ezekiel seriously. I assume the Shakespearean delivery is part of the comic books character (I never got that far in the comic as to meet him) but it just rings hollow for me. Not the script per se but the actor's lack of gravitas. Hopefully they off him this episode.

Reaction Score
Alright, just gonna give a flowing blow-by-blow of the episode.

During the previous episode recap in the beginning, during the ambush scene I couldn't help but think of this:

Why didn't Carol continue to mow down the Saviors filing into the room like ducks in a row after taking out those first few guys so handily?

Glad to see Jim Carrey's son is getting some work.

With Carol pinned down, wouldn't just a single grenade make all the difference for both the Saviors shooting at her and/or for Carol herself. Same with last episode with Aaron's battalion in a stalemate with the Savior forces.

Reaction Score
Those were some lame Jeep chase stunts.

So what's the mystery chemical mutating the Walkers? Some kind of acid?

How much force would it take to tear through a tiger's hide? Shiva would've, should've been able to get out of that. Weak.

Not a terrible episode, although I'm sure my comments don't paint it as such. Would've been better with a more competently directed/choreographed chase scene. As an aside, do the action scenes on the whole seem a little amateurish to anyone else this season? I'm thinking back to when the Governor stormed the prison, and maybe its just my memory viewing it fondly, but that all seemed way more thrilling and tense in retrospect.

Reaction Score
The episode had an A Team feel to it. Saviors fire 4.7 million rounds at the truck Carol is hiding behind but she is good to go. Carol shoots through ceiling and kills everyone. Good stuff.

Chase scene made me cry. . . Laughing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom