Walking Dead Season 8 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Walkers cannot walk more than two miles an hour, but Ezekiel suddenly decides that he simply cannot escape this particular batch of walkers who are paying him no attention. And then a tiger, who can escape every walker in the world in one jump, decides to sit put in the middle of a group of them so they can eat him.

You know what killed that tiger? The CGI budget.

The other fatality in the episode was the idea that Lauren Cohen could act. RIP.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Walkers cannot walk more than two miles an hour, but Ezekiel suddenly decides that he simply cannot escape this particular batch of walkers who are paying him no attention. And then a tiger, who can escape every walker in the world in one jump, decides to sit put in the middle of a group of them so they can eat him.

The other fatality in the episode was the idea that Lauren Cohen could act. RIP.
I don't watch the show, but I had to see this clip. The fight scenes in Princess Bride were more realistic.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

She's just there for eye candy anyway, that's why she never looks pregnant. They shouldn't have killed Jessie.

This was a pathetic episode in almost every way. There's too much stupidity to even catalog it all. A bottom 5 episode.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Supposedly it was a very steep embankment. Hence why the walkers were stuck there. Yea, I really didn't get that from the shots.

Shiva gets killed in the comics, so she was a goner sooner or later anyway. They did mention the CGI budget, Kirkman laughed and rolled his eyes, don't think they are saving much money there without Shiva. Comparatively anyway.

Agree with most of you guys though, this was not one of the best episodes. They've done some good action episodes in the past, this one just didn't seem to work very well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And strangely enough, reading some of the on-line reviews of the episode, the critics seemed to really like this one. :confused:

Such as this from Forbes;

Naturally, this being an Ezekiel episode, it starts with a motivational speech. I could see it coming a mile off, too, as we flash back to the day the King and his troops set off to fight the Saviors. "Oh god," I said, "He's going to give another [expletive] motivational speech." And sure enough, he gives another speech. This was by far the worst thing about the episode. Without this awful opening scene, I could honestly call this a near-perfect episode of The Walking Dead.

Reaction Score
And I know I’m definitely in the minority but I am an Ezekiel fan.

Before this season there were only two characters that I was interested in - Carol and Morgan. Now you can add Ezekiel.

Characters I don’t mind: Aaron, Darryl, Jesus

Characters that are horrendous: Maggie, Carl, Rick, Negan

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Negan is the worst character on television...which is a shame, because the guy is the best actor on the show.

I thought Morgan was a really good character, but Jesus, whenever the writers get bored, they give him another mental breakdown.

Darryl is fine. I admire any character who inexplicably gets fat during a zombie apocalypse.

Maggie is terrible. The actress is terrible. The fact that she is 27 months pregnant and can still fit in her jeans is terrible.

Rick is terrible. Remember the guy who nailed Rick’s wife? I miss that guy. We would have been better off with him.

Ezekiel is fine, Carol is fine. Jesus is fine.

The writers are terrible. They need new ones.

Reaction Score
Negan is the worst character on television...which is a shame, because the guy is the best actor on the show.

I thought Morgan was a really good character, but Jesus, whenever the writers get bored, they give him another mental breakdown.

Darryl is fine. I admire any character who inexplicably gets fat during a zombie apocalypse.

Maggie is terrible. The actress is terrible. The fact that she is 27 months pregnant and can still fit in her jeans is terrible.

Rick is terrible. Remember the guy who nailed Rick’s wife? I miss that guy. We would have been better off with him.

Ezekiel is fine, Carol is fine. Jesus is fine.

The writers are terrible. They need new ones.

That guy went on to do a lot better things. He is a great actor btw. I'm getting close to just giving up on the show from boredom.

Reaction Score
Yea Jon Bernthal is a good actor no doubt. Haven't seen him as The Punisher yet, but it looks interesting. We'll see if his own show is any good when it comes out. Haven't been able to get into the other Marvel Netflix shows though. He was good recently in a small part in Baby Driver and had a fun character in The Accountant too.

I thought Shane on TWD was a great character, but towards the end he kinda became a whiny beotch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea Jon Bernthal is a good actor no doubt. Haven't seen him as The Punisher yet, but it looks interesting. We'll see if his own show is any good when it comes out. Haven't been able to get into the other Marvel Netflix shows though. He was good recently in a small part in Baby Driver and had a fun character in The Accountant too.

I thought Shane on TWD was a great character, but towards the end he kinda became a whiny beotch.
Well he did have to deal with Rick, Lori and Dale. ;)

Reaction Score
I found this episode harmless & mostly entertaining, after the Dukes of Hazard style car chase I was dumbed down into shrugging off the tiger's death as necessary for their Ezekiel reckoning. Or maybe I was thankful that it shushed my uncontrollable, and very useless wondering how they fed it.

But the tiger attacks were cool and we needed at least one more. Tiger should have sprung from the bush and tackled the big gun & Humvee and died taking that out - solves the episode's 2 dumbest parts!

Reaction Score
1. Long wait & truly no need for pooping pants, lame confession by Negan = stupid
2. Gregory bit was torturous, we know he is an idiot, Negan knows this too so why?
3. In general that council was awfully dimwitted & disorganized even when Negan was present
4. Typical WD is introduce a game changer ('heavy' machine gun) but then write themselves into a corner. That gun was so much more valuable than any argument over explosives and is obviously thing #1 to secure even b4 interrogating the Savior, but that gun would also change every battle and make the 'war' over in a greater 3 seconds than Daryl's inexplicable explosion plans = let's stage a dumb fight and blow it up. I keep forgetting its written like a kid's comic book. Captain Poopy pants!
5. Rick's line that chokeholds are illegal was in good fun, at least we ended an otherwise boring and plot terrible episode with a smile.
6. Whoops not the end yet, after countless guts covered escapes leading us to wonder why they don't always do this Negan finally brings up people getting sick (after the fact writing at its WD best) and so Gabriel gets sick. I've got 1000-1 that next time they employ this its forgotten, but they have authored a stupid rationale to stick in our heads for why they aren't doing this 25 other times that people get trapped by zombies and fail to escape by guts camouflage.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on last night? It was a weird, somewhat uneventful episode.

Reaction Score
A lot better, they did finally provide us the strategy for the attack and gave vital check-in's with all characters (i.e. Michonne).
It was a bit naive that Michonne & whatshername - left their car & followed the siren, they deserved to be killed not thwart a plot, but the truck crash was cool & blowed-up guy cooler so a net win.
The Rick garbage people stuff is/was ridiculous (what was purpose of half-naked opening shot?!) but since we all know Rick can't be killed it seems plausible for him to walk in there alone with nothing but his character shield.
Carl subplot I liked, Carol-Ezekiel stuff I liked, sensible twist that Maggie threw whathisface in with the wolves.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Rick garbage people stuff is/was ridiculous (what was purpose of half-naked opening shot?!) but since we all know Rick can't be killed it seems plausible for him to walk in there alone with nothing but his character shield.
Well we know the Trash People cut a deal with Negan, so they probably know Negan wants Rick alive for himself. So either way she went, I doubt Rick's life was in danger with them. I assume their plan is to turn him over to Negan and get a better deal.

Reaction Score
Well we know the Trash People cut a deal with Negan, so they probably know Negan wants Rick alive for himself. So either way she went, I doubt Rick's life was in danger with them. I assume their plan is to turn him over to Negan and get a better deal.
I really liked the movie Total Recall because of the assumption it was a possible dream Shwarzenegger couldn't be killed within his dream. Similarly it was an decent idea to protect Rick, Maggie, Ezekiel via the Negan strategy of taking them all as prisoners. Practically speaking not so much especially if the strategy remains if they are as decimated as it seems.
However if Rick has a cogent strategy to capture Negan or do some other damage at the Rick prisoner exchange I will definitely have to give them credit.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts on last night? It was a weird, somewhat uneventful episode.
I thought it was a relatively thoughtful episode. I like the Carl arch. He's definitely part of the Team Jesus "we can't lose all of our humanity if we are fighting to save humanity." I hope the new guy turns out to be as trustworthy as he seems.

The Michonne thing seemed a bit forced and fortuitous (finding the Saviors, finding a loaded grenade launcher or SAM (whatever it was), Daryl blasting the truck just in time, etc.), but the fact that they are still healing helped with the timeline a bit.

I like the Hilltop moral issue. They can go a lot of ways with the prisoners and I can see it being a real dilemma. For those that say they should just kill them all, I wouldn't think that's easy, even after what they've all been through. I do think it would be easy to kill the one trouble maker. Easily justified, and it could send a message that their mercy isn't boundless.

The trash people thing better have more of a purpose. Rick said his people know where he is, but why the hell would he go there by himself? We know that they take whatever they can. Rick gave himself to them on a platter. He didn't seem upset in the jail cell though. Maybe this is part of his plan. I'm also finding the way that they play the leader (Jaden?) odd. She almost seems to come out of character when dealing with Rick. When she says "no" to Rick and then says "he talks too much" she's practically laughing. No one else has shown any similar behavior. Maybe we'll find out that she's an actor like Ezekiel.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I thought it was a relatively thoughtful episode. I like the Carl arch. He's definitely part of the Team Jesus "we can't lose all of our humanity if we are fighting to save humanity." I hope the new guy turns out to be as trustworthy as he seems.

The Michonne thing seemed a bit forced and fortuitous (finding the Saviors, finding a loaded grenade launcher or SAM (whatever it was), Daryl blasting the truck just in time, etc.), but the fact that they are still healing helped with the timeline a bit.

I like the Hilltop moral issue. They can go a lot of ways with the prisoners and I can see it being a real dilemma. For those that say they should just kill them all, I wouldn't think that's easy, even after what they've all been through. I do think it would be easy to kill the one trouble maker. Easily justified, and it could send a message that their mercy isn't boundless.

The trash people thing better have more of a purpose. Rick said his people know where he is, but why the hell would he go there by himself? We know that they take whatever they can. Rick gave himself to them on a platter. He didn't seem upset in the jail cell though. Maybe this is part of his plan. I'm also finding the way that they play the leader (Jaden?) odd. She almost seems to come out of character when dealing with Rick. When she says "no" to Rick and then says "he talks too much" she's practically laughing. No one else has shown any similar behavior. Maybe we'll find out that she's an actor like Ezekiel.

It was a slow down from the frenzied pace of weeks before. Very slow...thoughtful is a good word. They are clearly focusing on the larger issue of: "what kind of society do we build when we beat these guys". Of course the prior week they introduced the notion that the Saviors have the same goal, with an powerful despot as ruler, rather than any form of democracy or community decision making. It's an interesting situation.

Agree the Carl element was good, and the situation with the prisoners at Hilltop. The Michonne part was somewhat pointless. Rick's play with the trash people was weird. I assume he has some kind of ace up his sleeve here. I think Jadis likes Rick. She's almost flirty. But I think she's got to be what the Scavengers expect her to be.

Reaction Score
Even through the dumpster fires that have been the last several seasons, Carol has been the bright spot. Love her character development.

Okay so Lauren Cohen’s accent continues to get worse. How does this happen? It is so distracting.

Aside from Carol and Ezekiel interaction, and Carl and Saddiq scene (did I just say I liked a scene involving Carl???) episode was horrendous.

Reaction Score
Yesterday’s episode a new low?
Nah, I thought it was fine, mostly entertaining. Naturally there was no such master trash people prisoner exchange plan that superfan meyers envisioned, but the coolness of the fight mostly made up for the dunderheaded bender. I kind of liked the Eugene stuff as he's the one character they've made both dumb & smart enough to have constant moral reckonings!
The Michonne & whatshername bailing on crash plan was silly & irrelevant but par for handicapped course so don't care.
I loved the way they threw in dialogue about mbullet making (mullets making bullets) to make a battle plausible as if there has ever been any accounting for munitions on this show. They are there when needed for plot and not there when running out of ammo/guns is needed for plot.

I guess there should be a rule that 'ammo' can't be a major plot point going forward, but then we'd have to include food/water, gasoline etc. It is equally important for them to have that stuff handy whenever needed as it is for them to pretend they are hungry/thirsty/out of Ammo when needed.

Mostly I'm happy there's just one anticlimactic episode left.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Naturally there was no such master trash people prisoner exchange plan that superfan meyers envisioned,
Would have made more sense to me.

I loved the way they threw in dialogue about mbullet making (mullets making bullets) to make a battle plausible as if there has ever been any accounting for munitions on this show. They are there when needed for plot and not there when running out of ammo/guns is needed for plot.

I guess there should be a rule that 'ammo' can't be a major plot point going forward, but then we'd have to include food/water, gasoline etc. It is equally important for them to have that stuff handy whenever needed as it is for them to pretend they are hungry/thirsty/out of Ammo when needed.
I guess in the comics, he makes ammo for Rick and Co. so they can fight the Saviors.

An aside, if I was stuck in the Sanctuary, running low on water/food, etc. , having the workers starting to turn on the leaders, and knowing I had enough firepower to blow my way out of the Sanctuary, I probably wouldn't worry so much about having more ammo after the fact. i.e. let's save ourselves now and worry about later, later. :confused:

Mostly I'm happy there's just one anticlimactic episode left.

LOL, 1 left of this half season. We got at least 24 more. :cool: (unless you are assuming everything after this next episode will be "climactic" ;))

Reaction Score
I guess in the comics, he makes ammo for Rick and Co. so they can fight the Saviors.
An aside, if I was stuck in the Sanctuary, running low on water/food, etc. , having the workers starting to turn on the leaders, and knowing I had enough firepower to blow my way out of the Sanctuary, I probably wouldn't worry so much about having more ammo after the fact. i.e. let's save ourselves now and worry about later, later. :confused:
LOL, 1 left of this half season. We got at least 24 more. :cool: (unless you are assuming everything after this next episode will be "climactic" ;))
Remember in the TV show a few seasons back Eugene made the bullet that whatshername fired into Negan's bat, but since then they've been conspicuously silent as far as I recall on bullet making factory, materials etc... But yada yada, expository dialogue and we have 10 thousand rounds!
I understand its a half-season, I love how the passage of time adds to inexplicable plot elements that they are incapable of addressing; here is my top-10 list:
1. Zombie disease - its incurable therefore never worth our characters ever talking about (they must have heard from showrunners that it never ends)! As an aside when was the last non-immediately fatal zombie bite, Bob 4-7 seasons ago?!
2. Carl's age
3. Food (esp for tigers)
4. Water
5. Distances between anything & anywhere
6. Sanitation, garbage, bathrooms
7. Judith's age
8. Gasoline
9. Maggie's pregnancy timeline
10. Overweight people - I think if this were a show about the Ethiopian famine in 80's they'd still use the actors playing Eugene & Jerry

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Zombie disease - its incurable therefore never worth our characters ever talking about (they must have heard from showrunners that it never ends)! As an aside when was the last non-immediately fatal zombie bite, Bob 4-7 seasons ago?!
Tyreese and I guess Deanna. She was walking around in the woods, so she wasn't eaten.

2. Carl's age
Yea, easier to do in the comics. I think he's like still 10-12 there??

3. Food (esp for tigers)
She seemed to not mind walkers, plenty of them around.

6. Sanitation, garbage, bathrooms
The garbage people? (most shows don't cover that except for comedic affect)

9. Maggie's pregnancy timeline
Not a whole lot of time has passed yet. Story wise. Believable or not.

10. Overweight people - I think if this were a show about the Ethiopian famine in 80's they'd still use the actors playing Eugene & Jerry
Don't forget Dr. Denise. I just saw her in Godless. Pretty good show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom