Walking Dead Season 8 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

Reaction Score
One thing that annoys me about the show, and it's probably more of a TV cliche than anything...is that everyone has pin point accuracy with shooting walkers but can't shoot a living person to shave their lives. It's like if you have more than 2 inches of room, the person can dodge bullets like the Flash

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One thing that annoys me about the show, and it's probably more of a TV cliche than anything...is that everyone has pin point accuracy with shooting walkers but can't shoot a living person to shave their lives. It's like if you have more than 2 inches of room, the person can dodge bullets like the Flash
Yea, that's pretty much any TV/movie ever made. However, walkers do move pretty slow vs living persons, and they don't shoot back. Which in real life would make quite a difference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finally watched. That was a solid episode. Yes the Negan attachment to Lucile is stupid. But otherwise it was rational. Real people making the decisions that humans would make. It made more sense than most episodes have in years. Looking forward to how they wrap this up.

As a side note, I take interest in prepper culture at times, and we, as a species, reliant almost totally on digital records, have indeed put the instruction manual for survival in a non electric age in peril. So the introduction of that was a welcome acknowledgment of our current reality. We have more of less forgotten how to survive. Even 100 years ago, that wasn’t the case, and now it is. Interesting plot direction.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Finally watched. That was a solid episode. Yes the Negan attachment to Lucile is stupid. But otherwise it was rational. Real people making the decisions that humans would make. It made more sense than most episodes have in years. Looking forward to how they wrap this up.
Eh, Rick has his Colt, Michonne has her katana, Daryl has his crossbow. Besides I think that "Lucille" is probably somebody from his past. (wife/girlfriend/daughter??)

As a side note, I take interest in prepper culture at times, and we, as a species, reliant almost totally on digital records, have indeed put the instruction manual for survival in a non electric age in peril. So the introduction of that was a welcome acknowledgment of our current reality. We have more of less forgotten how to survive. Even 100 years ago, that wasn’t the case, and now it is. Interesting plot direction.
Even more interesting, I think, because I don't believe that is from the comics.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Eh, Rick has his Colt, Michonne has her katana, Daryl has his crossbow. Besides I think that "Lucille" is probably somebody from his past. (wife/girlfriend/daughter??)

Even more interesting, I think, because I don't believe that is from the comics.

It's a direction the show/comics could have gone, and didn't. I think a post apocalyptic show (Zombies, plague, whatever) that strives for realism would be very interesting indeed. Our age of specialization means that very few people know how to farm, build a log cabin or barn, build a windmill or water-wheel, or irrigation system, or to repair much of anything. Do people know what plants are edible and how to make clothes? These were skills most non city dwellers had not much more than 100 years ago, and 200 years ago almost everyone had these skills. It makes a wide-scale catastrophe much more problematic.

I have the SAS survival guide, in paperback form, even though I read everything else on my Kindle.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So, did anyone watch the new episode? We finally got our war. Interesting in that the good guys won handily, only for the Zombie infection strategy from Negan via Eugene to prove effective later on. So both sides take some major losses. But of course, all the major players survive.

Not sure where it goes next. Hilltop might attack now? Not sure it can be defended.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, did anyone watch the new episode? We finally got our war. Interesting in that the good guys won handily, only for the Zombie infection strategy from Negan via Eugene to prove effective later on. So both sides take some major losses. But of course, all the major players survive.

Not sure where it goes next. Hilltop might attack now? Not sure it can be defended.
We'll have to see what Jadas does with Negan.

I liked the first part, but the 2nd part....nobody is awake guarding anything? Where's the guard on the wall? Where's the guard for the prisoners? Where's the house guard when you have a bunch of injured people who could die and turn?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I liked the first part, but the 2nd part....nobody is awake guarding anything? Where's the guard on the wall? Where's the guard for the prisoners? Where's the house guard when you have a bunch of injured people who could die and turn?

That was ridiculous. At one point, everyone is sleeping soundly, in a room full of 50 snoring, stinking people no less. With moaning zombies stumbling through their midst and falling down stairs, etc. Nobody bats an eye. I'm thinking their survival skills have to be a bit better than that.

Oh, and screw the little psycho kid. Everything is going to hell, he can hear it, and goes and opens the cage like loser. 99.999% of people would go help his the people being attacked. jmo

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was ridiculous. At one point, everyone is sleeping soundly, in a room full of 50 snoring, stinking people no less. With moaning zombies stumbling through their midst and falling down stairs, etc. Nobody bats an eye. I'm thinking their survival skills have to be a bit better than that.

Oh, and screw the little psycho kid. Everything is going to hell, he can hear it, and goes and opens the cage like loser. 99.999% of people would go help his the people being attacked. jmo
Yea, the falling down the stairs and nobody wakes up. ???? :confused:

Reaction Score
Yea, the falling down the stairs and nobody wakes up. ???? :confused:
This show is killing me;

The whole idea of this show was regular, realistic people behaving realistically in a totally horrible, unrealistic situation. The writers have kept true to only one of those aspects of the premise -- the zombie part. The junkyard people with their weird dialect? Ezekiel's stupid acting and with a tiger to boot? Everything about Eugene? Negan with a barbed wire-wrapped bat named after his dead wife? With a harem of wives? A community terrified of the Saviors and deciding to live in hiding of the Saviors, but within easy travel distance? Morgan is sane, then crazy, then sane but pacifist, then sane but not a pacifist, then a different kind of insane? Rick fights his pal Daryl about not killing Savior worker bees in cold blood since they may switch sides, then later just kills a bunch of Saviors in cold blood -- who were clearly switching sides? Doesn't he need numbers in an "all out war"? These are cartoonish characters, behaving in ridiculous ways. I thought the zombies were supposed to be the most unbelievable part.

Reaction Score
This show is getting to be beyond stupid. What is the stupid Vulcan junkyard woman doing with the zombie on a stick while allowing Negan to roll over to guns, flares, and pictures? So dumb

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This show is getting to be beyond stupid. What is the stupid Vulcan junkyard woman doing with the zombie on a stick while allowing Negan to roll over to guns, flares, and pictures? So dumb

I thought it was funny when she tried to flag down the copter like they were on a desert island. That thing probably flies by people all the time....and it ain't there to pick up passengers.

Especially ones from a junkyard. Who are in the midst of torturing other people.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is this the final season for TWD? It sure seems like it.

Reaction Score
I think there was a time jump in the comics. If they do that, it could be like a reset.
I watched half of the previous (Negan v Jadus) episode (ehh) and all of last night's. It was decent without the context & longer slog (didn't see Carl die, no history of what Aaron is doing). Other than Eugene inexplicably getting the slip on expert tracker Darryl (I'm sure they've regretted making him that roughly 10,000 times) AND getting back to his factory (duh, c'mon they draw a straight line back to there and wait) I thought it was pretty good.

I loved the way they finally showed us some battle strategy and a map only to make it fake. That had to be purposeful trolling of the show's critics. All of the Negan stuff with his right hand man was good, hurt only by how uncomfortable Dwight obviously was but eventually [SPOLIER ALERT] Negan saw thru the bs. I think watching the last 2 episodes of a season might be a good strategy as you can avoid the frustrating aspects of their wandering attention to various plotlines.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I watched half of the previous (Negan v Jadus) episode (ehh) and all of last night's. It was decent without the context & longer slog (didn't see Carl die, no history of what Aaron is doing). Other than Eugene inexplicably getting the slip on expert tracker Darryl (I'm sure they've regretted making him that roughly 10,000 times) AND getting back to his factory (duh, c'mon they draw a straight line back to there and wait) I thought it was pretty good.

I loved the way they finally showed us some battle strategy and a map only to make it fake. That had to be purposeful trolling of the show's critics. All of the Negan stuff with his right hand man was good, hurt only by how uncomfortable Dwight obviously was but eventually [SPOLIER ALERT] Negan saw thru the bs. I think watching the last 2 episodes of a season might be a good strategy as you can avoid the frustrating aspects of their wandering attention to various plotlines.
I'm a simple guy and am enjoying the season for the most part. Yes, we can pick it apart ad nauseum but hey....its still entertainment.

My 2 stoopid moments from yesterday...no way Eugene perfectly buries himself that fast. And Aaron waking up, half-dead, and goes into freaking Braveheart speech mode.

Reaction Score
I'm a simple guy and am enjoying the season for the most part. Yes, we can pick it apart ad nauseum but hey....its still entertainment.

My 2 stoopid moments from yesterday...no way Eugene perfectly buries himself that fast. And Aaron waking up, half-dead, and goes into freaking Braveheart speech mode.
I liked the way Aaron fought to the point of exhaustion twice and speachifying once (he passed out more than me freshman yr!) and I admired the zombie who grabbed the stick to prevent themselves from biting him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wasn't a bad episode really. I enjoyed seeing Negan go to town on Simon, who needed to die a long time ago. I thought it was nice twist with Negan discovering Dwight's treachery (or at least exposing it), after Dwight rats out Simon and the others. He's a step ahead.

Eugene escaping was dumb, not sure what that whole subplot accomplished. Rosita was moron telling him how much worse he'd have it with them than he does with Negan. Again showing that Negan is more savvy in understanding his value and treating him well.

I'm not sure what the Island women are going to add really. Bumps the numbers and weapons of the "good guys" slightly. The smarter move would be for Hilltop to move there, and then everybody fortifies that Island. These people still lack common zombie apocalypse sense years later.

Reaction Score
Could be worst season so far and that is saying something. I did enjoy Eugene’s projectile vomit escape plan.

Reaction Score
I won’t be dialed in for season 9. Even though they are going in a different direction, the damage is done.

Reaction Score
And I’ll say it again, is there a worse actor in tv right now than Loren Cohen? Painful.

And the end scene with her and Jesus and Darryl was awkward.

I’m seeing this train wreck through whether it’s one or two more seasons. I have to. For closures sake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom