Walking Dead Season 8 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 8

Reaction Score
Yeah. Frankly, as I was watching this last episode I kept wondering why I ever loved this show so much. Every single thread of every plot line seemed contrived, open ended, and irreparably broken. Each character has become a cartoon cut out of what their potential was. Sad. At least when Game Of Thrones fails it fails with a boldness, a style. Even when GOT shortens timelines like the snap of a rubber band, at least you know they'll be some meat to chew on, a nice turn of phrase, a performance to enjoy, some plot line resolved. Not with TWD. Sad.

The show jumped the proverbial shark for me last season. We still watch, but more because it's become a Sunday night tradition to have a show at that time. When we don't watch Sunday, I find that we have no urgency to watch the DVR copy. I think part of the problem is Rick's crew and everyone they touch, just suck. They've gone through some bad stuff, but they're all "walking dead" whereas the other villages have an assemblage of life. They're just not interesting characters in an interesting world. I'd rather switch the focus to the Kingdom or Hilltop, or even a rebel group at the Saviors compound.

I understand the Karl hate is popular, but I think he's been a solid character for a while. I enjoyed watching him become Glen 2.0. Kids suck, adolescents are even worse. If Karl wasn't a pain in the butt when he was growing up, it wouldn't have been realistic.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The show jumped the proverbial shark for me last season. We still watch, but more because it's become a Sunday night tradition to have a show at that time. When we don't watch Sunday, I find that we have no urgency to watch the DVR copy. I think part of the problem is Rick's crew and everyone they touch, just suck. They've gone through some bad stuff, but they're all "walking dead" whereas the other villages have an assemblage of life. They're just not interesting characters in an interesting world. I'd rather switch the focus to the Kingdom or Hilltop, or even a rebel group at the Saviors compound.

I understand the Karl hate is popular, but I think he's been a solid character for a while. I enjoyed watching him become Glen 2.0. Kids suck, adolescents are even worse. If Karl wasn't a pain in the butt when he was growing up, it wouldn't have been realistic.
Everything you say is all but sadly true. Not to mention the truth of what you've said about our TV Sunday meal. Hopefully "Sneaky Pete" will fill some of this void I have.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Frankly, as I was watching this last episode I kept wondering why I ever loved this show so much. Every single thread of every plot line seemed contrived, open ended, and irreparably broken. Each character has become a cartoon cut out of what their potential was. Sad. At least when Game Of Thrones fails it fails with a boldness, a style. Even when GOT shortens timelines like the snap of a rubber band, at least you know they'll be some meat to chew on, a nice turn of phrase, a performance to enjoy, some plot line resolved. Not with TWD. Sad.

As usual you are dead on my friend.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would have been better if somebody said....let's put him out of his misery and shot Carl in the head in the first five minutes. At least Chandler can cut his hair now. He looked like an idiot.

Thank God for Morgan and Carol. Hopefully they can get back to it next week.

I'm really pulling for that young kid to turn into a psycho Savior killer. That could be a show saver. Not holding out hope of course.

Reaction Score
Right now the only interest I have is Ezekial/Carol/Morgan/Psycho Kid/Kingdom story line.

Darryl used to be a great character now he is terrible. And I was intrigued by Jesus but Maggie has made him uninteresting.

I miss Glen and Abraham.

Reaction Score
Right now the only interest I have is Ezekial/Carol/Morgan/Psycho Kid/Kingdom story line.

Darryl used to be a great character now he is terrible. And I was intrigued by Jesus but Maggie has made him uninteresting.

I miss Glen and Abraham.

I'm interested in Rosita

Reaction Score
They should have floated a cure was found and then set out to somewhere cold to find it to save Carl. It would have given the show a chance to reboot...just send the good people to find it leave the rest behind. Would have been a return to the good old ways.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That fire extinguisher scene. I don't even know what to say.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thought last night was much better than last week. Least gives us stuff to think about, look forward to.

With Simon's dissension in the Negan's ranks, does that come to a head? What happens when Negan finds out about what Simon did to the trash people? Does Simon have enough guys with him to topple Negan? And if he does, he seems to be much more wipe them all out than Negan. How would that play out for Rick and Co. Don't know if they'll play this out, but it could be an interesting plot line.

Thought Steven Ogg did a nice job as Simon at the Junkyard, slowly getting irritated and pissed off until he finally snapped and said F#$% it, I don't care what Negan said, I'm killing them all. Actually be kind of cool to see him take over the Saviors.

What becomes of Jada? IF she goes off and rebuilds a group, does she come back for revenge against Rick, or Simon, or Negan?

What does Aaron think he's gonna do to convince the Oceansiders to help out?

Reaction Score
Thought last night was much better than last week. Least gives us stuff to think about, look forward to.

With Simon's dissension in the Negan's ranks, does that come to a head? What happens when Negan finds out about what Simon did to the trash people? Does Simon have enough guys with him to topple Negan? And if he does, he seems to be much more wipe them all out than Negan. How would that play out for Rick and Co. Don't know if they'll play this out, but it could be an interesting plot line.

Thought Steven Ogg did a nice job as Simon at the Junkyard, slowly getting irritated and pissed off until he finally snapped and said F#$% it, I don't care what Negan said, I'm killing them all. Actually be kind of cool to see him take over the Saviors.

What becomes of Jada? IF she goes off and rebuilds a group, does she come back for revenge against Rick, or Simon, or Negan?

What does Aaron think he's gonna do to convince the Oceansiders to help out?

It started off slow, but I guess it's realistic that Michonne and Rick would still be mourning Carl. I thought the garbage cave in and the place being filled with Walkers was a deliberate trap, so it was cool / disturbing seeing what actually happened. I'm assuming that Rick and Michonne are going to head back and check-in with Jada. Whether she'll still be there, and what will happen next, I'm not sure. I can see them inviting her into their gang of wandering Alexandrians.

I think Jada should take all of the Junkyarder meat and bring it to whatever may be left of Terminus. They could make a fortune as a burger stand.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think Jada should take all of the Junkyarder meat and bring it to whatever may be left of Terminus. They could make a fortune as a burger stand.
I don't think there is anything left of Terminus.....but mmmm Sloppy Joes. :cool:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched it last night. A day late, but close enough. It was certainly better than the Carl fest the week before.

I will never understand why the "good guys" didn't just load up their stuff in every truck, bus and car they can find and get the hell away from the Saviors. The Saviors aren't self sufficient, and the impact would be crippling on them. They'd spend their time finding and growing food.

Negan is nuts. He's a tyrant. I'm not sure even he believes his own BS. He takes the wives of his people for his harem. He allows his factory workers no freedom, and enslaves those who he forces to produce for his community. Somebody needs to call him on it. Simon is no better, possibly worse, because he's an evil bastard who doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Reaction Score
Another bad episode but two things that kept my attention:

- I am happy Jada finally explained garbage city and the Yoda language. Didn’t make them any more interesting but I alprevriate the explanation. I am curious as to what is next for her. If she goes back with Rick then I am sure I will lose all interest.

- Negan seemed genuinely upset Carl died. Love how he blames the death on Rick.

I am still holding out hope Rick is killed at some point.

Last episode was an F. I’ll give this one a D.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They should have floated a cure was found and then set out to somewhere cold to find it to save Carl. It would have given the show a chance to reboot...just send the good people to find it leave the rest behind. Would have been a return to the good old ways.

They needed to do this three or four seasons ago. Without a cure, there's no point to any of this.

Reaction Score
Good thing the storylines aren’t dragging at all. Back to an F. Only bonus was no Rick until end.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not too bad for a filler episode. Moved some pieces around. Gave us what Negan's next move is.....infect them.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not too bad for a filler episode. Moved some pieces around. Gave us what Negan's next move is.....infect them.
It took 55 minutes to get to that plan reveal.

The whole Doc/Gabriel "The Lord has a Plan" thing was sooooo bad.

Who are the people with Darryl's group? Kingdomites? And where were they picked up? They sure weren't all in that tunnel.

Our gang has been splattered with zombie guts for years. How will "catapulting" parts infect the Hilltoppers?

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It took 55 minutes to get to that plan reveal.
Yep, filler episode. They have them. As do most shows.

The whole Doc/Gabriel "The Lord has a Plan" thing was sooooo bad.
I liked the idea of it. Science vs Faith. Didn't particularly like the execution. But we now have a basically blind character and Gabriel and Eugene together. Which will probably come in handy.

Who are the people with Darryl's group? Kingdomites? And where were they picked up? They sure weren't all in that tunnel.
I think they were in the tunnel.

Our gang has been splattered with zombie guts for years. How will "catapulting" parts infect the Hilltoppers?
Yea, I agree. I think they are going to go with open wounds, eyes, mouth. Same as most infections. Why no one got infected that way before??? No idea. They did think about that back in Season 1. "Guts" episode.

Also, since everyone is already "infected" (i.e if they die they turn), not sure how being more infected is going to do anything??? They don't, and they say they don't, get into the science of how this would work. Just the way the show is.

Remember this isn't necessarily a show about zombies. This is supposed to be a show about how people deal with each other in an apocalypse. Could have been any kind of apocalypse, this one just happened to involve zombies. Hence why there is no cure and they don't worry about a cure. Not the point of the show. Like Breaking Bad wasn't about meth.

Reaction Score
Yep, filler episode. They have them. As do most shows.

I liked the idea of it. Science vs Faith. Didn't particularly like the execution. But we now have a basically blind character and Gabriel and Eugene together. Which will probably come in handy.

I think they were in the tunnel.

Yea, I agree. I think they are going to go with open wounds, eyes, mouth. Same as most infections. Why no one got infected that way before??? No idea. They did think about that back in Season 1. "Guts" episode.

Also, since everyone is already "infected" (i.e if they die they turn), not sure how being more infected is going to do anything??? They don't, and they say they don't, get into the science of how this would work. Just the way the show is.

Remember this isn't necessarily a show about zombies. This is supposed to be a show about how people deal with each other in an apocalypse. Could have been any kind of apocalypse, this one just happened to involve zombies. Hence why there is no cure and they don't worry about a cure. Not the point of the show. Like Breaking Bad wasn't about meth.

Agree that the cure is unimportant. The zombies have been less important for years, and it is more about how humans rebuild society. I also think they can live fine now that they understand the "disease." Dead people have to get their brains punctured, and all of the zombies are "rabid" wild animals. As the zombie numbers die down, it will become easier.

Re Negan's plan, I'm a bit confused. It can't just be to catapult guts. Even though the creators have explained that people can get sick from the guts, the only person we've ever seen get sick is Gabriel and that seems like it was a non-zombie virus/bacteria that antibiotics was starting to cure. The plan would have to be to get the blood in cuts like a poison on bullets/swords. I guess he can catapult shrapnel coated in blood. Still, I don't see how the blood causes the sickness. If you look at the history of the program, it's only zombie bites that cause illness, so it would have to be saliva or something like that. Kind of how Komodo Dragons have a cocktail of bacteria in their mouths that kill after a bite. I think I'm going to be mad about whatever Negan's plan turns out to be.

EDIT: I looked up the Komodo Dragon thing. It looks like it may have been a theory that a scientist put out as fact and has always been believed, but has been debunked. I was tricked by the nature shows that I so love!

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just whatched it. Ok. That’s about all.

As for Negen, he’s not catapulting just guts. He just used that for inspiration. Without bullets he can turn nails or any piercing object that is covered in zombie stuff into a fatal wound. Any scratch will do. Think ball bearing bomb with the bearings covered in guts. Or a catapult of guts and roofing nails. Or bunches of barbed wire coated it guts, like Lucile.

Not sure how the good guys get out of this one.

Reaction Score
I might be out. Still on my DVR, but haven't watched new season at all yet and choosing other things first. Wake me up when the episode where Negan dies airs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I might be out. Still on my DVR, but haven't watched new season at all yet and choosing other things first. Wake me up when the episode where Negan dies airs.
You might have a long wait.

Reaction Score
The Rick v. Negan scenes were hysterical. Holy cow. Negan is passed out in his car and rick can’t kill him. Can’t shoot him at close range.

Actually interested in Dottie or whatever her name is. But I’m sure the writers will ensure that storyline is underwhelming.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Rick v. Negan scenes were hysterical. Holy cow. Negan is passed out in his car and rick can’t kill him. Can’t shoot him at close range.

Actually interested in Dottie or whatever her name is. But I’m sure the writers will ensure that storyline is underwhelming.
Georgie.

I thought the episode was pretty good, at least from a plot perspective. Something to move onto (Georgie) after the War. Negan's generals turning on him. What's Jadis gonna do with Negan? Take him to Rick, trade him for Simon. Kill him herself? Do a sculpture of him (nude?)? Enid turning into a pathological Carl? Rick becoming worse than Negan?

More interesting things going on than just kill Negan, win the war.

Reaction Score
As for the fight between Rick/Negan, that was great, BUT Hearing Negan cry about losing Lucille and then finding out Rick has 'her' has got to be one of the dumbest moments in TV history, and yet people thought the soapy elements of Pretty Little Liars were laughable??? at least they weren't crying over a Barbed Wire Bat - ugh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom