Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It is a TV show after all. I mean, do you think all the gas in the world hasn't gone bad yet? A few episodes back, I was shocked that they actually found a car where they had to find a replacement battery for it to work.

The show isn't perfect but it's entertaining as ! It's tough to wait a week for a new episode and I can't say that about any other show I watch (or watched). I started watching the show from the beginning during the middle of last season on netflix and then DVR'd the season 3 marathon leading up to the finale - a lot of binge watching after the kids were put to bed.
Agree completely. I almost wish I could just do a coma thing and wake up and watch Season 4 all at once.

I started watching in Season 3. My sister-in-law was up for a couple weeks and demanded we watch it. We continued through the mid-season finale and then I went out and bought Season 1 and 2 on DVD and we marathon watched them prior to Season 3 restarting. Easily the best show I've ever watched.

Reaction Score
Agree completely. I almost wish I could just do a coma thing and wake up and watch Season 4 all at once.
You'd have to remain in the coma to sit thru that a 2nd time ;)

Me, Critics & awards vs viewer #s & you on BBad > WDead

Reaction Score
Lol at The Walking Dead having better acting, characters and storylines than Breaking Bad.

Next you're gonna tell me the writing is better than The Wire.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You'd have to remain in the coma to sit thru that a 2nd time ;)

Me, Critics & awards vs viewer #s & you on BBad > WDead
Well stating critics sure doesn't help your case. :rolleyes:

I've seen both though. Not even close.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lol at The Walking Dead having better acting, characters and storylines than Breaking Bad.

Next you're gonna tell me the writing is better than The Wire.
I'll return the LOL.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed episode 8. I thought they tied things up nicely and with just the right amount of chaos.

Is Lizzie the rat queen?

Reaction Score
Great episode, especially the last 10 minutes were fantastically entertaining and near perfect. The Darryl zombie kill, zombie shield tank assault was too bada$$ for words.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Great episode, especially the last 10 minutes were fantastically entertaining and near perfect. The Darryl zombie kill, zombie shield tank assault was too bada$$ for words.
Yes, I can't believe how much they packed in the last 10 minutes... I must have said " yeah" to myself 10 times.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Meyers, you NAILED it! Once again, I almost fell off the couch. I thought, for a split second, that the Gov was gonna listen to Rick...silly me...reason is always wasted on the unreasonable. My heart broke into tiny little pieces. Was yelling at the TV, much like I do during basketball games, for Daryl, Carl, ANYONE to kill that MoFo! Fitting that it was Michonne, the warrior princess. In ANY battle, I would want her on my side!

Thank GOD for basketball season. Wouldn't be able to make it all the way to February without it!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed episode 8. I thought they tied things up nicely and with just the right amount of chaos.

Is Lizzie the rat queen?
Maybe or maybe her sister. I've read (Gimple) what they were looking at (Tyreese was showing Rick and Daryl) was a dissected rabbit. Somebody is kinda psycho. But, but what was in Bob's box????? Booze or dissected animals????

Also didn't realize this before, but reading some of the reviews, the Gov's "Kill them all" line was an iconic line straight from the comics. I think Gimple is doing more homage to the comics than prior showrunners.

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Maybe or maybe her sister. I've read (Gimple) what they were looking at (Tyreese was showing Rick and Daryl) was a dissected rabbit. Somebody is kinda psycho. But, but what was in Bob's box????? Booze or dissected animals????
Yes, forgot about the box. "What's in the box!?" haha
41314-Brad-Pitt-Seven-whats-in-the-b-AYBg.png

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I really liked how they set themselves up for the rest of Season 4. 1) finished the Gov arc 2) got out of the prison and on the road so we can get some new adventures
3) everyone is all over the place
Rick and Carl (and Rick's pretty injured)
Glenn with a busload of redshirts
Maggie, Sasha and Bob (and Bob is pretty injured)
Tyreese and a bunch of kids
Michonne and ???
Beth and ???
Daryl and ??? (or did I miss Daryl and Beth together???)
Tara and Lily???? (or maybe they disappear/die/get eaten)
Judith and ???? (or dead???)

How many get back together? How many groups survive? Is there a rendezvous place? How many make it? Where do they head next?

If Tyreese has "Carol's kids", will he meet up with her? Will they hook up? With the woman who killed his Karen??
Who had Judith if anyone? Maybe Michonne who we think lost a child at some point. Maybe Lily who just lost a child and she can hook up with Rick? Maybe Beth got back to her? (I don't remember seeing her after the bus??)

Lots of stuff they can do. I know they have some new characters coming. Who's gonna run into them. When's Carol gonna pop back up. Morgan is still out there. Maybe Rick and Carl can get to him?

Reaction Score
I really liked how they set themselves up for the rest of Season 4. 1) finished the Gov arc 2) got out of the prison and on the road so we can get some new adventures
3) everyone is all over the place

How many get back together? How many groups survive? Is there a rendezvous place? How many make it? Where do they head next?
IT'D BE BALLSY OF THEM TO HAVE ONE OR MORE OF THE GROUPS GET TOTALLY ELIMINATED
If Tyreese has "Carol's kids", will he meet up with her? Will they hook up? With the woman who killed his Karen?? THIS STORY HAS DEPTH, GOOD TWIST
Who had Judith if anyone? Maybe Michonne who we think lost a child at some point. Maybe Lily who just lost a child and she can hook up with Rick? Maybe Beth got back to her? (I don't remember seeing her after the bus??)
JUDITH DEFINITELY ALIVE AS THEY DIDN'T SHOW IT, AND WHOEVER WE SEE LAST LIKELY HAS HER AS CARING FOR BABY STORYLINE IS TEDIOUS BUT RICK & CARL REUNITING WOULD BE EMOTIONAL
Lots of stuff they can do. I know they have some new characters coming. Who's gonna run into them. When's Carol gonna pop back up. Morgan is still out there. Maybe Rick and Carl can get to him?
Those are lots of good storylines, but I'm curious how you get deep and layered out of this show. Aren't almost all of those essentially the same story?

In contrast I did like Rick's speech as showing growth that he's going thru situational ringer coming out a seasoned zombie apocalypse leader and the Herschel Obie Wan-ish nod cemented that.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
It was confirmed somewhere that Tara was going to be in the back 8, so she'll re-appear.

The fact that Rick didn't have a chance to tell Tyrese about Carol does setup the possibility that Tyrese and Carol meet on the road without incident and possibly developing a relationship.

If Judith is still alive she's with someone with a lot of blood on them. Not sure how much fresh blood they had on their hands, but Michonne or Lily would be the most likely to have her.

I figure by the end of episode 10 or 11 they will start to meet up somewhere. I think they had a plan with a rendez-vous point -- that's what the bus was for. I'm sure it will take those on foot awhile to get there though.

And then there's the radio signal - military base?? One of the new characters (from the comic) is a military guy.

Reaction Score
Um, why wasn't this the episode for the end of last season!?!?! Holy cow. I enjoyed this episode, but this has no longer become a must watch as it airs program.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Those are lots of good storylines, but I'm curious how you get deep and layered out of this show. Aren't almost all of those essentially the same story?
No, there all pretty different. :confused:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Um, why wasn't this the episode for the end of last season!?!?! Holy cow.
New showrunner. One who was a big fan of the comics.

I enjoyed this episode, but this has no longer become a must watch as it airs program.
Well it still pulls in almost double what Breaking Bad did. In fact Talking Dead pulls in about what Breaking bad did. But sure lots and lots of shows now are watched on DVR, Netflix, Hulu, etc. So besides sports (which I even DVR and watch later) most shows are not "must watch as it airs" anymore.

Reaction Score
I think Season 4 episode 8 of Walking Dead will go down as one of the best episodes ever of a great series....that show was excellent from start to finish.

Will miss Hershel. The old coot grew on me...

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I think Season 4 episode 8 of Walking Dead will go down as one of the best episodes ever of a great series....that show was excellent from start to finish.

Me too! He showed so much care & compassion, especially during the flu epidemic in the prison. He certainly did do a 180 from the days on the farm. Will miss him LOTS...not as much as Rick will, tho.

Reaction Score
Me too! He showed so much care & compassion, especially during the flu epidemic in the prison. He certainly did do a 180 from the days on the farm. Will miss him LOTS...not as much as Rick will, tho.

Agreed about the farm. Thought he was just another nut job then.

Turned out to be great guy/character.

Glad they are out of the prison....that was getting stale.

Reaction Score

I'm glad to see The Gov dead, just as much as I'm sad to see Hershel go. I hated his whole story line from the start to the 30 seconds before Michonne shishkebabed him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see The Gov dead, just as much as I'm sad to see Hershel go.
Then I'd say the writers did a good job with the story line. I imagine that was their objective. ;)

Reaction Score
Then I'd say the writers did a good job with the story line. I imagine that was their objective. ;)
Sure they wanted people to hate him & everyone did, but for a lot of us it was because he was poorly developed. The Governor's evil Arc opened via his amazing military takedown, yet his end was cuz he showed up at the prison with superior firepower but no tactical plan and got outgunned by civilians?!

He was supposedly obsessed with protecting his old or new family and yet obviously more of a megalomaniac and allowed this to jeopardize all under his watch. It was always too obvious to the audience that the Governor was a psycho not worth following.

Reaction Score

Let me clarify that one. I am not glad The Gov is dead because he was such a horrible tyrant....I thought he was a horrible actor and his performances were cringeworthy in most of his scenes. Good riddance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sure they wanted people to hate him & everyone did, but for a lot of us it was because he was poorly developed.
I'll disagree. They gave him much more complexity than the comic did.
The Governor's evil Arc opened via his amazing military takedown,
Not sure what you are talking about???? What amazing military takedown???

yet his end was cuz he showed up at the prison with superior firepower but no tactical plan and got outgunned by civilians?!
Agreed his tactical plan was quite flawed. But he only had civilians (and a tank) and not very battle worthy ones at that vs much more battle worthy civilians in the prison.

He was supposedly obsessed with protecting his old or new family and yet obviously more of a megalomaniac and allowed this to jeopardize all under his watch.
Yes the complexity of his character. The Jeckle and Hyde.

It was always too obvious to the audience that the Governor was a psycho not worth following.
They sure followed him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom