Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
hmmm, that would be an interesting take. In the comics (Spoiler, so don't read if you don't want), a woman named Lily is responsible for his death.
Well. SPOILER. I was waaaay wrong about the governor. Haha

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Me too, Dan~! HOLY COW! I almost fell off the couch when Martinez met his unfortunate end!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, didn't see that coming. At least not at that point. Looks like the Hyde part is in full bloom again. Instead of a fish tank, he's got a fish lake.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, I think they chose the less-interesting path with this - while the season has been great, we're essentially right back to the middle of last season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, I think they chose the less-interesting path with this - while the season has been great, we're essentially right back to the middle of last season.
Although I like how we got here (I've like the Governor centric episodes), yea, it does feel a little deja vu all over again. Maybe they can throw in some unexpected twists. e.g. there's another group (other than the Gov and Prison groups) out there that seems to have no problem slaughtering people for supplies, maybe the two groups will have to combine?

Really I imagine this is the way they are going to get Rick's gang out of the prison and back on the road. A season and a half at the prison is probably enough.

Reaction Score
Although I like how we got here (I've like the Governor centric episodes), yea, it does feel a little deja vu all over again. Maybe they can throw in some unexpected twists. e.g. there's another group (other than the Gov and Prison groups) out there that seems to have no problem slaughtering people for supplies, maybe the two groups will have to combine?

Really I imagine this is the way they are going to get Rick's gang out of the prison and back on the road. A season and a half at the prison is probably enough.
Agree with Fishy, less interesting path and further that was a boring, dumb poorly written and acted episode. Filled with holes, can't help myself...
  • Kill Martinez on top of Winnebago where no one will see! (sarcasm)
  • No one sees Gov drag body, did he clean up golf club, body dragging area & top of Winnebago?
  • Why is the walker pit in the middle of their compound, seems a tad unsafe?
  • Audience left to guess why he killed Martinez, I think it was so M wouldn't tell of his past but leaving it open was the less thoughtful road
  • Also loved the way Gov shot the biter/walker that pinned his new daughter and then walked away, He's too stiff to act and show emotion so rather than highlight that by comforting his scared daughter let's have him traumatize her by acting like an assassin
Group ambush
  • They have a car, why are their supply runs foraging in the woods?
  • Sitting in the woods they are able to immediately assess groups #s, supply quantity, quality and ability to be overrun. We are to assume they can walk in and shoot them all with no risk, yet at same time this group is alive 18 months into the apocalypse. We are sure there is no Darryl there?
That's where the whole episode broke down for me. The Governor's survival guide is to kill all threats yet he just lost his WHOLE FREAKIN' town because he operated under that dumba$$ assumption.
  • Oops I guess they were right cuz after surviving 18 months the group is dead within hours
Governor takeover
  • No one sees them pack, get in car drive out of camp and then come back?
  • Why make the two guys brothers? No one forgives his brother's murderer that quickly.
  • Surviving brother might have also realized the Gov killed Martinez
  • Oh you gave me a cigarette and lit it? Now I forgive you for killing my brother you le$$ gnikcvf stiff acting dip$hit, can't wait until you turn your wooden head and I put a bullet in it.
  • Great idea to lie about the brother's death but then bury him in plain sight
Conclusion: Chalk board said Gov at prison gates with a tank in midseason finale, they burned their interesting story in Gov epi one and ran out of time and ideas to get him there.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Yes, they are going to encounter another group (based on the slaughtered people in the woods). And there's someone feeding the rats to walkers at the fence -- it's not the governor's group.

What about Bob?

The governor stand-off will last for this episode only, and then a bigger threat will be coming.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
  • [ ]Oh you gave me a cigarette and lit it? Now I forgive you for killing my brother you le$$ stiff acting dip$hit, can't wait until you turn your wooden head and I put a bullet in it.
  • I think that's symbolic of him being in charge. I believe he did the same thing to Andrea? -- can't remember exactly though...

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I am all all goved out at this point. I wanna get back to the prison. What happened when Rick told Darryl that he banished Carol from the group? Last time we spent time with Hershel, he was a wreck. At this point, Brian Herriot deserves whatever fate has in store for him. Hopefully he dies as gruesome a death as Martinez. I am ready to move on...

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I am all all goved out at this point. I wanna get back to the prison. What happened when Rick told Darryl that he banished Carol from the group? Last time we spent time with Hershel, he was a wreck. At this point, Brian Herriot deserves whatever fate has in store for him. Hopefully he dies as gruesome a death as Martinez. I am ready to move on...
Still a lot of unresolved things to keep it interesting... besides finding out the rat feeder, who killed that group in the woods, how will Daryl react, where did Carol go, and maybe the biggest question who/where did that radio broadcast come from?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the thing - we had an incredibly compelling episode last week and a reasonably compelling 30 minutes this week that ultimately led us to exactly the same character at exactly the same point as last season.

It's like taking a Rolls Royce to the mall. Lovely ride, really enjoyed the amenities, but here we are at the mall.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Agree Fishy... though I suspect we only have to bear through it for one more episode and hopefully the governor vs. prison group "final" battle will lead to a huge progression in the storyline.

Reaction Score
Agree Fishy... though I suspect we only have to bear through it for one more episode and hopefully the governor vs. prison group "final" battle will lead to a huge progression in the storyline.
Soon as Martinez pulled him out of the ditch I knew where the story was set.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree with Fishy, less interesting path and further that was a boring, dumb poorly written and acted episode. Filled with holes, can't help myself...
Well disagree with you here. I thought it was a pretty good episode, though certainly not the best. Pretty good acting. I'll see if I can help you out with the holes.

• [ ]Kill Martinez on top of Winnebago where no one will see! (sarcasm)
    [ ]No one sees Gov drag body, did he clean up golf club, body dragging area & top of Winnebago?
    [ ]Why is the walker pit in the middle of their compound, seems a tad unsafe?
Well I didn't assume the Winnebago was in the middle of the camp. I figured it was further out, along the edges. Hence, there were probably not too many people around there. They seem kinda spread out through the woods. Only once did you see everyone together. One reason I think the Gov thinks it's not safe, too spread out. You'll notice after he takes control, they kind of circle the wagons (motorhomes) in close almost making walls (Woodbury) again. Which pretty much answers all 3 questions.

• [ ]Audience left to guess why he killed Martinez, I think it was so M wouldn't tell of his past but leaving it open was the less thoughtful road
I suppose. But that is one thing I do like about the series, they don't necessarily give you everything. Makes you think a little. (yea sometimes they kind of pound you over the head with an idea) As a for instance. In Breaking Bad they did a flashback about the book with the poem in it when the cop/brother finally figured things out to remind everybody, "hey remember this book?". In the Walking Dead, when Andrea died she told Rick "I know how the safety works." Which they didn't flashback, but people knew (or didn't know) was a reference to when Rick and Andrea first met and she held a gun in his face with the safety on. They didn't explain it for you, you had to think about it yourself. I prefer that, some people don't. They like to have everything spelled out for them. Not gonna get that in the Walking Dead.

Anyway, I think the Gov killed Martinez, because 1) Martinez said he was weak, I can't protect my family, I certainly can't protect your family. 2) Martinez wanted to share power with the Gov, which the Gov did not really want (the power), hence why he was saying "I don't want this" while killing Martinez. In the Gov's mind he was killing Martinez to protect his family. (his new one).

Group ambush

• [ ]They have a car, why are their supply runs foraging in the woods?
    [ ]Sitting in the woods they are able to immediately assess groups #s, supply quantity, quality and ability to be overrun. We are to assume they can walk in and shoot them all with no risk, yet at same time this group is alive 18 months into the apocalypse. We are sure there is no Darryl there?
That's where the whole episode broke down for me. The Governor's survival guide is to kill all threats yet he just lost his WHOLE FREAKIN' town because he operated under that dumba$$ assumption.

• [ ]Oops I guess they were right cuz after surviving 18 months the group is dead within hours
This one is a little different. Yea they seemed to have cars/trucks/Winnebagos but they still hunt in the woods?? Not sure, maybe they don't have much gas?? Maybe the major roads are blocked by walkers (like the road the Gov tried)?? Well we don't know how long this group (the one that got massacred) had been there. Seems like Martinez's group would have run across them prior. So maybe they are more nomadic. Maybe like most groups this is just a small bit of what was left of them?? Granted we don't know much about the group.

As you notice the Gov doesn't seem to want to go kill the group and take their supplies. At least he doesn't advocate it. But the result shows him, yea they probably should have if they are going to survive. He is also finding out Martinez couldn't protect his family and it doesn't look like Pete can either. Hence bye-bye Pete. Hello Governor.

My problem with this was some group came through cleaned out this nomadic group while the Gov and brothers were out hunting and they didn't hear anything? Didn't run across this other group in the woods either?? I guess we can assume another nomadic group passing through???

Governor takeover

• [ ]No one sees them pack, get in car drive out of camp and then come back?
    [ ]Why make the two guys brothers? No one forgives his brother's murderer that quickly.
    [ ]Surviving brother might have also realized the Gov killed Martinez
    [ ]Oh you gave me a cigarette and lit it? Now I forgive you for killing my brother you le$$ stiff acting dip$hit, can't wait until you turn your wooden head and I put a bullet in it.
    [ ]Great idea to lie about the brother's death but then bury him in plain sight
Yea, gotta agree with you a little on 1. Although, again I don't think the camp was a compact as you do. Brothers. We've seen brothers kill each other. But I don't know if Mitch actually forgives him. I think it's more Mitch, as the Gov suspected is a survivalist, like himself. And it was/is at least right now in Mitch's best interest to be on the Gov's side. His choice was be on Gov's side or die. He's a henchmen, not a leader. And like the Gov has no qualms about "surviving" and doing what he needs to do to survive.

Oh, forgot, also, Mitch is the tank driver. I think the Gov's gonna need him.

Again, I don't think the lake is necessarily, to the camp anyway, in plain sight. It is though the Gov's new fishtank.

I agree it wasn't the greatest episode, but it wasn't bad. And it gets the Gov to the prison to finish this off in the mid season finale. Which I am looking forward to.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am all all goved out at this point. I wanna get back to the prison.
I guessing the prison as a home for Rick's group, isn't long for this world.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have a feeling there well be quite a few deaths (including the Gov AND some of the prison population, ahem Hershel, Judith, Bob, maybe one of Beth/Maggie/Glenn/Sasha). I imagine Rick, Daryl, Michonne (even with the gun pointed at her), Tyreese and Carl are safe.

I am hoping they throw some curves in this. Not just Gov attacks prison, bunch of people die and they have to leave prison. Maybe the other group shows up? Carol shows up? Gov doesn't attack but tries to trade prisoners (Michonne/Hershel) for the prison? The veterinary school walker horde shows up? Maybe they do the comic book Gov death (doubt it though, too many people would see that coming)?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I have a feeling there well be quite a few deaths (including the Gov AND some of the prison population, ahem Hershel, Judith, Bob, maybe one of Beth/Maggie/Glenn/Sasha). I imagine Rick, Daryl, Michonne (even with the gun pointed at her), Tyreese and Carl are safe.

I am hoping they throw some curves in this. Not just Gov attacks prison, bunch of people die and they have to leave prison. Maybe the other group shows up? Carol shows up? Gov doesn't attack but tries to trade prisoners (Michonne/Hershel) for the prison? The veterinary school walker horde shows up? Maybe they do the comic book Gov death (doubt it though, too many people would see that coming)?
There was something in the preview of the next episode that the governor had kidnapped a couple of the prison group people (I'm assuming he takes Michonne/Hershel) in order to trade for the prison.

It's tough to guess who's going to die from the prison camp, but somebody's got to as they promised. I guess you could do without Judith and Beth. I think both Maggie and Glenn are safe for obvious reasons, but I could see it being Hershel's time to go. Maybe Sasha too, but damn I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Tyrese.

I don't think the Bob storyline is done because he reached for his gun and Daryl let him live, but maybe that comes into play in this episode and he's a goner too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There was something in the preview of the next episode that the governor had kidnapped a couple of the prison group people (I'm assuming he takes Michonne/Hershel) in order to trade for the prison.
Yea, I think I saw in one of the trailers, the Gov say something like, "they're going to realize 2 of their people are missing" or something like that. I assume he was talking about Rick's group missing people. And yea, I assume it's Hershel and Michonne.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Yea, I think I saw in one of the trailers, the Gov say something like, "they're going to realize 2 of their people are missing" or something like that. I assume he was talking about Rick's group missing people. And yea, I assume it's Hershel and Michonne.
Oh, yes... that's exactly what he said. I guess that leaves it open for him to have killed them. I think they are more useful to him alive... wonder how he manages to capture Michonne alive.

Reaction Score
Problem is "assume the RVs are spread out, assume they are now closer, assume in woods, assume only one way out (dumb if so), assume low on gas". I don't want to spend time on water, gas, days of food and ammo but they could easily have shown us a few things or simply hit golf balls in a field to make this less dumb. Lastly, after the nomads kill the other group wouldn't you high tail it back home to make certain they don't waste your own camp!!? The show just doesn't think thru plot at all.

You are wrong on BBad but understandable as you came to that party late. They would show some flashbacks, but so many things that happened on that show were cause and effect. In last epi alone
  • Previous episode Elliot (Walt's former partner) spoke of donating to drug charities, gives Walt some idea that causes him to abandon surrender plan, but we don't know what the idea is until Walt visits Elliot - pretty flawless in end.
  • Lydia prev met with Walt at same coffee shop they overdid her stevia addiction but that's what nails her, no flashback
  • When meeting his former business partner Elliot, Walt repeats a line said to him "you are going to need a bigger knife (weapon) if we are going to go this way"
  • Walt uses Jesse's clownish druggie buddies as best assassins in the West
  • Lottery ticket GPS coordinates that were clue to money now clue to end wife's legal issues via closure of body of brother in law
  • antihero admits why he did evil acts - "I liked it, I was good at it, it made me feel alive" - please don't tell me you think the Governor or WD counters by being subtle. Guy is as subtle as an ABomb & this season is making Michonne look loquacious by comparison.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
It is a TV show after all. I mean, do you think all the gas in the world hasn't gone bad yet? A few episodes back, I was shocked that they actually found a car where they had to find a replacement battery for it to work.

The show isn't perfect but it's entertaining as ! It's tough to wait a week for a new episode and I can't say that about any other show I watch (or watched). I started watching the show from the beginning during the middle of last season on netflix and then DVR'd the season 3 marathon leading up to the finale - a lot of binge watching after the kids were put to bed.

Reaction Score
It is a TV show after all. I mean, do you think all the gas in the world hasn't gone bad yet? A few episodes back, I was shocked that they actually found a car where they had to find a replacement battery for it to work.

The show isn't perfect but it's entertaining as ! It's tough to wait a week for a new episode and I can't say that about any other show I watch (or watched). I started watching the show from the beginning during the middle of last season on netflix and then DVR'd the season 3 marathon leading up to the finale - a lot of binge watching after the kids were put to bed.
That's the thing, it keeps you watching and draws great numbers, the gore is awesome. I'd just like them to stop leaving gaping plot holes so that I can spend that hour without thinking WTF or even why. This season they accomplished that prior to Sunday.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The plot holes are normal-sized plot holes.

When you shrink an entire universe into 44-minute blocks, you're going to have to trust the audience to fill in the gaps with their imagination. Some of the more pedantic audience members might dwell on the parking arrangements of the Winnebagos, but they will eventually go insane and drink themselves to death with floor polish so they can be dismissed.

I'm just twisted that we now have Senor EyePatch standing outside 'n chain link fence with his hands on his hips again.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Problem is "assume the RVs are spread out, assume they are now closer, assume in woods,.....simply hit golf ball into a field....
Well those weren't really assumptions, that's kind of the way it was. At least what I gathered from watching.

Lastly, after the nomads kill the other group wouldn't you high tail it back home to make certain they don't waste your own camp!!?
That is a good point.

You are wrong on BBad but understandable as you came to that party late.
Gonna have to disagree with you there.

They would show some flashbacks,
ummmm, yea, my point.

In last epi alone
Last episode was very good. (of course with the exception of Jesse living - stupidest most annoying character ever - there's no way on God's green earth Walt wouldn't have killed him the first season. Talk about not thinking the plot through)

please don't tell me you think the Governor or WD counters by being subtle.
WD is light years more in-depth and better acting, better characters, better storyline than BB. Light years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom