Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

Reaction Score
I liked the episode last night, if for nothing else, the backstory on Michonne. Oh, and the walker massacre she had. Pretty sure the samarai sword would be my weapon of choice based off this show. I might eventually go down, but I'd go down looking pretty badass if I did.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I liked the episode last night, if for nothing else, the backstory on Michonne. Oh, and the walker massacre she had. Pretty sure the samarai sword would be my weapon of choice based off this show. I might eventually go down, but I'd go down looking pretty badass if I did.

That's why I have one. :) My 12 guage will help at longer distances.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Okay...so tell me I wasn't the only person who wanted to go thru the TV screen & kick Carl in the ~!
A teenager being a teenager. At least he doesn't wear his pants half way down his @ss. ;)
And he had plenty to be angry/distraught about. And he handled it like many a teenagers have.

p.s. Thought Chandler Riggs did a really nice job.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you saw the Talking Dead after, Danai got really deep into what was going on in Michonne's head/heart.

Reaction Score
Wasn't crazy about it. Too much of that loon Carl.

Liked the Michonne parts though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I really don't give a crap about Carl's character.

It's a one-note character and hasn't been even a little bit interesting.

I want a zombie to eat him.

Reaction Score
Carl reminds me way to much of Damien to like or root for him. Half expect Gregory Peck to show up one of these episodes and stab him in the heart ....

And that goofy hat has got to f&^/ing go...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wasn't crazy about it. Too much of that loon Carl.
I really don't give a crap about Carl's character.

It's a one-note character and hasn't been even a little bit interesting.

I want a zombie to eat him.
Carl is one of my favorite characters. The idea of a boy soldier, someone actually growing up in the apocalypse as opposed to an adult who knows more about the prior life is much more interesting. He isn't necessarily hampered by pre-apocalypse morality. To see how he is molded by his environment as opposed to dealing with pre-apocalyptic baggage is just very interesting.

Most of the stuff he said about his father was true. I think eventually he'll make a much better leader than Rick. He's much more pragmatic.

Reaction Score
Beady eyes

Psycho tendencies....sociopathic

Goofy hat

Whiny

.....I don't like him.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the episode despite the horrible acting by the actor who plays Carl. Season 3 and the first half of season 4 have been terrible, but this episode gives me hope.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I agree, Go. I refer to him as "Carl, the creepy kid"...it's a nice use of alliteration & an accurate description (IMO).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Beady eyes

Goofy hat

Whiny

.....I don't like him.
That's what you mean by loon?????:confused: Wow, never heard it used that way before.
Beady eyes
umm, ok. That's a bad thing???

A little. I like that in an apocalyptic person. But I call it pragmatic. It's a good thing.

Goofy hat
Cool hat. From the comics....iconic.

Whiny
Yea, he's a teenager. Most of them are. But like I said at least he doesn't wear his pants halfway down his @ss or play video games all day. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the episode despite the horrible acting by the actor who plays Carl. Season 3 and the first half of season 4 have been terrible, but this episode gives me hope.
Actually Riggs did a really nice job of acting. He is really coming into his own.

Reaction Score
Actually Riggs did a really nice job of acting. He is really coming into his own.

Coming into his own as a mediocre actor? I enjoyed the writing this episode, but the acting from Carl and Rick was brutal.

Reaction Score
Rick looked like a walker all episode....

Weird that the walkers don't attack when Michonne makes them her pet and puts on a leash....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You have blinders on - he's terrible.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Yep, definitely a one note. Told my wife he needs to get bit soon.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I guess I just can see better than others. Granted he's no Lennie James, but he does a pretty good job with his character.
Told my wife he needs to get bit soon.
That ain't gonna happen. I could see Rick (the protagonist) going before Carl.

Reaction Score
When it comes to showing emotion, Riggs went to the Kristen Stewart School of Acting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When it comes to showing emotion, Riggs went to the Kristen Stewart School of Acting.
Well they both were nominated for Young Artist Awards. Riggs, the last two years. So I guess some people, who know a little something about acting, disagree with you guys.

Like I said, some of us just might be better judges of talent than others. It's ok, you guys just aren't as good as I am. Few are.

Reaction Score
Well they both were nominated for Young Artist Awards. Riggs, the last two years. So I guess some people, who know a little something about acting, disagree with you guys.

Like I said, some of us just might be better judges of talent than others. It's ok, you guys just aren't as good as I am. Few are.
No, no no. When I bring up critics awards and reviewers commentary about WDead versus other shows you summarily dismiss as haters. So you are ineligible to come up with some obscure award nomination* to justify a point everyone disagrees with.

The Michonne stuff was great. Long, long overdue giving her a backstory to justify her snarl and make her current interactions more difficult & ultimately interesting. The Carl stuff was fine in terms of Zombie meetings/screwups and a kid being on his own for a day, but it really delivered when Michonne showed up.

* Here are the nominess, I dare anyone to say they've heard of any of these shows or 'young actors'!
Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actor[edit]

★ (tie) Dylan Everett - Wingin' It - Family Channel
★ (tie) Jared Gilmore - Once Upon a Time - ABC
Devan Cohen - The Yard - Movie Central
Will Jester - Debra! - Family Channel
Matthew Knight - My Babysitter's a Vampire - Disney Channel
Daniel Lupetina - The Yard - Movie Central
Chandler Riggs - The Walking Dead - AMC

Reaction Score
No, no no. When I bring up critics awards and reviewers commentary about WDead versus other shows you summarily dismiss as haters. So you are ineligible to come up with some obscure award nomination* to justify a point everyone disagrees with.
The Michonne stuff was great. Long, long overdue giving her a backstory to justify her snarl and make her current interactions more difficult & ultimately interesting. The Carl stuff was fine in terms of Zombie meetings/screwups and a kid being on his own for a day, but it really delivered when Michonne showed up.
Here are the nominess, I dare anyone to say they've heard of any of these shows or 'young actors'!
Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actor[edit]
★ (tie) Dylan Everett - Wingin' It - Family Channel
★ (tie) Jared Gilmore - Once Upon a Time - ABC
Devan Cohen - The Yard - Movie Central
Will Jester - Debra! - Family Channel
Matthew Knight - My Babysitter's a Vampire - Disney Channel
Daniel Lupetina - The Yard - Movie Central
Chandler Riggs - The Walking Dead - AMC
LOL. Meyers also defended Andrea's horrific acting by saying she had also won awards. The last award I could find at that time was a NOMINATION for a Gemini Supporting Actress Award in 1996. The Gemini is given out by the Academy of Canadian TV and Cinema.....and was discontinued in 2012.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom