Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

Reaction Score
Carrrrrrrllllllllll!!!! Carrrrrrrrllllll!!!

The way Rick says that every freaking episode drives me crazy.

I am really interested to see what happens to Darryl and Beth's characters. I am convinced they are going to hook up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, no no. When I bring up critics awards and reviewers commentary about WDead versus other shows you summarily dismiss as haters. So you are ineligible to come up with some obscure award nomination* to justify a point everyone disagrees with.
LOL. :D

images

The Michonne stuff was great. Long, long overdue giving her a backstory to justify her snarl and make her current interactions more difficult & ultimately interesting. The Carl stuff was fine in terms of Zombie meetings/screwups and a kid being on his own for a day, but it really delivered when Michonne showed up.
I agree. But I liked the Carl/Rick, son (teenager becoming a man)/father stuff too. But then Rick and Carl are probably my two favorite characters.

Here are the nominess, I dare anyone to say they've heard of any of these shows or 'young actors'!
Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actor[edit]

★ (tie) Dylan Everett - Wingin' It - Family Channel
★ (tie) Jared Gilmore - Once Upon a Time - ABC
Devan Cohen - The Yard - Movie Central
Will Jester - Debra! - Family Channel
Matthew Knight - My Babysitter's a Vampire - Disney Channel
Daniel Lupetina - The Yard - Movie Central
Chandler Riggs - The Walking Dead - AMC
I've heard of Riggs and the Walking Dead. :cool:

What do I win for taking your dare?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
LOL. Meyers also defended Andrea's horrific acting by saying she had also won awards. The last award I could find at that time was a NOMINATION for a Gemini Supporting Actress Award in 1996. The Gemini is given out by the Academy of Canadian TV and Cinema.....and was discontinued in 2012.
Pathetic. Geez, don't be such a , and inept. It was only last year we talked about Holden. Last year.

Holden was nominated
Saturn Award in 2011 (Best Supporting)
Scream Award in 2011 (Best Supporting)

She won the
Satellite Award in 2013 (Cast Award)
Saturn Award in 2013 (Best Supporting)

3 minutes on Wiki.

And you guys expect me to respect anything you say about acting, when you are too dumb to even use google or wiki????? Really??

Sheesh. :rolleyes: It's like I'm dealing with inbreds.

Reaction Score
You win free downloads of leading young actoring better than your boy.
Apparently the video links indicate that you'll be headed to Canada to watch, but I'm certain for the rare chance to see a performance surpassing Carl Jr's the trip will be worth it.
Enjoy!

http://www.family.ca/shows/wingin-it/videos/

Reaction Score
That ain't gonna happen. I could see Rick (the protagonist) going before Carl.

Haven't read any of the comics, but in an interview Robert Kirkman (their author) implied that Carl is the most important character on the show because he's interested in exploring how growing up in that environment would shape you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Haven't read any of the comics, but in an interview Robert Kirkman (their author) implied that Carl is the most important character on the show because he's interested in exploring how growing up in that environment would shape you.
Yea, I would assume he thinks that way. Behind Rick, I imagine he's considered the most important character. At least in the comics. Things could sure change in the TV series, but I just don't see that happening. To interesting in not only seeing how the environment changes people (adults), but how that would affect growing up. Also in the comics, they don't necessarily have to let them grow up. In the TV series the year to year change is pretty obvious.

Be interesting to see if they do anything with the girls (Lizzie and Nika).

Reaction Score
Pathetic. Geez, don't be such a , and inept. It was only last year we talked about Holden. Last year.

Holden was nominated
Saturn Award in 2011 (Best Supporting)
Scream Award in 2011 (Best Supporting)

She won the
Satellite Award in 2013 (Cast Award)
Saturn Award in 2013 (Best Supporting)

3 minutes on Wiki.

And you guys expect me to respect anything you say about acting, when you are too dumb to even use google or wiki????? Really??

Sheesh. :rolleyes: It's like I'm dealing with inbreds.

Oh, she won a Saturn award? I stand corrected.

Wait. What the heck is a Saturn award?

Reaction Score
Yea, I would assume he thinks that way. Behind Rick, I imagine he's considered the most important character. At least in the comics. Things could sure change in the TV series, but I just don't see that happening. To interesting in not only seeing how the environment changes people (adults), but how that would affect growing up. Also in the comics, they don't necessarily have to let them grow up. In the TV series the year to year change is pretty obvious.

Be interesting to see if they do anything with the girls (Lizzie and Nika).
Specifically the only note on TV that the actor can or has played is "I'm mad at my parents for treating me like a baby." This is every plot involving Carl from innumerous 'where is he' moments pre-prison and last night. They've given him competence via actions to get out of that but not much else in acting or dialogue. Undoubtedly the story is coming to him though so he can't continue to be AJ on the Sopranos. Hopefully he's adopted by Strasberg so he can cram acting classes in between mini-seasons.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh, she won a Saturn award? I stand corrected.

Wait. What the heck is a Saturn award?
Do I gotta explain everything to you guys???? Google really isn't that hard. ;)

Saturn Award presented by Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror. The Golden Scroll???

Some notable winners since 1972. Movies
Slaughterhouse Five
E.T.
Terminator
12 Monkeys
Children of Men
Princess Bride
Forrest Gump
The Exorcist
The Green Mile
Saving Private Ryan
Silence of the Lambs
Sixth Sense

People
James Caan
Tom Hanks
Anthony Hopkins
Christian Bale
Jodie Foster
Uma Thurman
Amy Adams
Jennifer Lawrence
Bryan Cranston
Aaron Paul
Richard Dreyfus
Steven Spielberg
John Woo
John Favreau
Ron Howard
Quinten Tarantino

You guys live under a rock?? :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Specifically the only note on TV that the actor can or has played is "I'm mad at my parents for treating me like a baby." This is every plot involving Carl from innumerous 'where is he' moments pre-prison and last night.
You don't pay much attention to the show do you??? You're missing a lot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
so they get a car?
Google again. Or just plain intelligence.

Saturn awards started in 1972. I even gave that to you.
Saturn auto corporation started in 1985.
See they don't actually have anything to do with each other. Though, yes, the names are the same. I realize this must confound you. You probably have the same problem with Georgia and Memphis.

Again, Google, Wiki. It's not really that hard. :rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Get rid of him. He ain't the only kid in town anymore:cool:

Reaction Score
Google again. Or just plain intelligence.

Saturn awards started in 1972. I even gave that to you.
Saturn auto corporation started in 1985.
See they don't actually have anything to do with each other. Though, yes, the names are the same. I realize this must confound you. You probably have the same problem with Georgia and Memphis.

Again, Google, Wiki. It's not really that hard. :rolleyes:

So they don't get a car? I would give them a car.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Specifically the only note on TV that the actor can or has played is "I'm mad at my parents for treating me like a baby." This is every plot involving Carl from innumerous 'where is he' moments pre-prison and last night.

Bingo.

Carl throws tantrum.

Carl wanders off.

Carl gets in trouble.

Carl comes back.

Reaction Score
Bingo.

Carl throws tantrum.

Carl wanders off.

Carl gets in trouble.

Carl comes back.

Interspersed with several scenes (usually him standing there is some sort of creepy dead eyes stare) of him coming across as some crazy combination of Ted Bundy and Damien.

Reaction Score
Interspersed with several scenes (usually him standing there is some sort of creepy dead eyes stare) of him coming across as some crazy combination of Ted Bundy and Damien.

And eating a giant can of pudding.

Reaction Score
Methinks Carl may spend next week's episode on the can as that has gotta go right thru ya....
The Showrunners stubbornly refuse to address either the human or Zombie poop situation, storylines far more interesting than Carl. Maybe filmed but not shown ...left in the can.

Reaction Score
The Showrunners stubbornly refuse to address either the human or Zombie poop situation, storylines far more interesting than Carl. Maybe filmed but not shown ...left in the can.

I always thought that the stench of that prison would have made it unbearable. Dead rotting flesh mixed with no plumbing or garbage/waste removal. I think it would add to the show, instead of focusing on some of the schmaltzy soap opera areas they spend time on.

Reaction Score
I like how Carl now realizes he couldn't survive on his own and that he's not as bada$$ as he thought.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I always thought that the stench of that prison would have made it unbearable. Dead rotting flesh mixed with no plumbing or garbage/waste removal.
That's why they take the bodies out to burn them. They talked about that last season.

I've yet to see too many shows focus on human waste......except some of those low brow comedies.....that I guess you like??? Not really all that "deep" huh?? :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Methinks Carl may spend next week's episode on the can as that has gotta go right thru ya....
I'm not expecting to see him, Rick or Michonne this week. I think we'll find out about a few of the others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom