Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

Reaction Score
I thought the first two episodes were pretty solid. But with the introduction of these over the top cartoony characters, I don't think this is must watch for me anymore. I will dvr the episodes and catach up when I have time. Dissapointing, the first two seasons were fantastic tv.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have not read the comics and don't know if the new trio is supposed to be menacing or humorous but it seems the two male characters may have been the wrong guys. Not into them so far even tho its been one episode.

Q: Why after a year past the apocolyse haven't they reached DC yet?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have not read the comics and don't know if the new trio is supposed to be menacing or humorous but it seems the two male characters may have been the wrong guys. Not into them so far even tho its been one episode.

From what I can gather, Michael Cudlitz ("Abraham") was on the Talking Dead last night, a little of both. Abraham, I think is a nice enough guy, but rough on the outside. I think he crack some wise @ss remarks (like last night's "son of a ") Was in the army and is very mission oriented.

The scientist guy, Eugene, I think is supposed to be kind of intelligent, but not a lot of common sense type. So I imagine there will be some humorous stuff with him (i.e. trying to shoot the automatic weapon last night). He either thinks he's smarter than he is, or he wants everyone to think he is smart, not sure which yet. Mostly kept around because he supposedly knows something.

Rosita? I guess Abraham's girl. So she goes along with him?? Don't know if she'll have much of a part.

Don't know how long they will be around, in the comics they were with and integrated to the group for quite awhile I guess.

Q: Why after a year past the apocalypse haven't they reached DC yet?
Looks like they are trying to stay close to the comics with these 3. In the comics they came from Houston. So in the apocalypse, it does seem to take some time to get from place to place. You stop for awhile where you can get supplies, may have to go out of your way for safety reasons. Get in groups, groups break up or disintegrate. And fuel and vehicles don't seem to be in large supply (well depending on which way the want the plot to go :rolleyes:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've always wondered how one could smash a walker's skull like it was an egg and how, at the same time, their flesh-ripping bites would put a lion to shame.
It's TV. There are quite a few things that aren't congruent. Gas really doesn't stay good that long, how can people who survive this long all of a sudden become inept, there's lots of things. It's a show about zombies and the apocalypse. Either you like it or not. I'm not a big zombie fan, but I like the moral dilemmas they get put into. What's right/wrong (and in who's opinion) in the apocalypse as compared to before, etc.

And if one gets infected with a bite (saliva?), how does one stay uninfected splattered from head to foot with walker blood that remains on your dirty clothes for weeks?
They seemed to worry about that the 1st season. In Guts, they put on shields and lab coats when they chopped up that one body. I don't know if it has to do with the virus is already in everyone, so that it's when you die you turn, regardless of if you are bitten. If you are bitten, it's more like rabies or something that causes you to die, not necessarily turn. I don't know, but yea, they don't really seem too worried about it now. (or it's just too much bother for the writers to figure out how to protect people from blood splatter - heck everyone would be infected now)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought the first two episodes were pretty solid. But with the introduction of these over the top cartoony characters, I don't think this is must watch for me anymore. I will dvr the episodes and catach up when I have time. Dissapointing, the first two seasons were fantastic tv.
I really liked last night's episode, particularly the Rick in the house and Michonne in the house parts. I'll have to wait to see where they go with the new characters, but the people who've read the comics, are really big on Abraham.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You 'really like' every episode.

At this pace, The Walking Dead will eventually had to have a storyline where most of the characters die of old age.

At least "stuff" happened in this episode.

Reaction Score
I really liked last night's episode, particularly the Rick in the house and Michonne in the house parts. I'll have to wait to see where they go with the new characters, but the people who've read the comics, are really big on Abraham.
After the cereal part where the prestigious yet defunct GM Saturn young actors nomination committee nearly rolled over in their graves when Carl tried to laugh and appear jovial, the stuff with him & Michonne was good. The bodies in the bedroom was chilling.
I am a seller on Rick staying hidden under the bed and the home alone invaders not immediately noticing that someone had been living there and searching thoroughly (clearing rooms is going on in other storyline?!), but once Rick was out from under the bed it was fine. I could practically see the comic book strips with Rick trapped beneath a bed. Rick leaving the door ajar after strangling the guy for the saving Zombie attack was a nice touch.

Glen deciding to walk off and punch and inexplicably deck the army brute was just silly nitwit behavior.

Eugene seems to be the comic book reader surrogate, a Kevin Smith-ish glorification of the adult comic book reader somehow being the coolest guy in the Zombie Apocalpyse room.

Overall I like the episode b/c of Michonne's parts. Finally they have an African-American with a real speaking role and credit that 2yrs of her nonsensical brooding has made her opening up justifiably good character development.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
After the cereal part where the prestigious yet defunct GM Saturn young actors nomination committee nearly rolled over in their graves when Carl tried to laugh and appear jovial, the stuff with him & Michonne was good. The bodies in the bedroom was chilling.
Some of the stuff they are doing now is kinda suspenseful. I like how they are doing that, without having a lot of "big" stuff going on.

I am a seller on Rick staying hidden under the bed and the home alone invaders not immediately noticing that someone had been living there and searching thoroughly (clearing rooms is going on in other storyline?!), but once Rick was out from under the bed it was fine. I could practically see the comic book strips with Rick trapped beneath a bed. Rick leaving the door ajar after strangling the guy for the saving Zombie attack was a nice touch.
Yea maybe. But him under the bed was very suspenseful, even knowing he is not gonna die. But as to the clearing rooms, usually they are clearing them for walkers, not so much living people??

Still not sure if that first guy (fighting over the bed) died or was just WWF choked out.

Glen deciding to walk off and punch and inexplicably deck the army brute was just silly nitwit behavior.
He's in love. :rolleyes:

Eugene seems to be the comic book reader surrogate, a Kevin Smith-ish glorification of the adult comic book reader somehow being the coolest guy in the Zombie Apocalpyse room.
Interesting take. I don't think it turns out that way from what I've heard about the character in the comics (although that could be different in the TV show), but hadn't thought of that.

Overall I like the episode b/c of Michonne's parts. Finally they have an African-American with a real speaking role and credit that 2yrs of her nonsensical brooding has made her opening up justifiably good character development.
Well Sasha hasn't done too bad. She seems strong and intelligent. I think they could do more with Tyreese. And I'm not sure about Bob. (think he was a white guy in the comics anyway)
I think there might be more background at some point on Michonne's child, like how he died. I'm thinking (and this is not from the comics) that it could have been a suicide pact by his father. Something like that. Father had given up, killed their son so he wouldn't have to face the world type thing.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Still not sure if that first guy (fighting over the bed) died or was just WWF choked out.

I'm thinking he was just choked out cold. Being that he's the only one that saw what Rick looked like and could identify him later on -- I'm sure that crew will meet up with Rick and co. again down the road and that dude will point out Rick as the guy that killed their guy, especially since their leader (on the porch) is a recognizable actor.

I know some on here have been critical, and I agree the show can sometimes drag and be predictable, it's still entertaining as ! I def. look forward to Sunday nights when TWD is on (makes them bearable).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm thinking he was just choked out cold. Being that he's the only one that saw what Rick looked like and could identify him later on -- I'm sure that crew will meet up with Rick and co. again down the road and that dude will point out Rick as the guy that killed their guy, especially since their leader (on the porch) is a recognizable actor.
That's kinda what I was thinking. I know in the comics there is some group they have trouble with. The Survivors??? I was thinking that might be them??? And the guy on the porch I think is/was in Sons of Anarchy?? I think Jeff Kober per Google.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This show is staggering through the woods like a zombie.

Every character acts like a moron 24/7 and yet somehow managed to center punch a half-dozen zombie heads whenever it's their turn.

Some writer has a bad idea, ("Hey...what if the blond girl really wants a cocktail?!"), and then they chase that to an illogical conclusion. Of course, then they have another idea, ("What if Darryl has an emotion?!"), and they forget that their 98-pound teenager has downed a half-jar of moonshine.

Jumping from True Detective to Walking Dead back to back is like watching someone play jazz and then another guy just banging two cans together.

Reaction Score
What an awful, awful episode.

It is now basically a soap opera with a scheduled zombie kill every 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
I actually wouldn't have minded last nights episode if the acting wasn't so poor. Holy cow.

The part where Darryl started to cry and Beth gave him a hug might be the worst acting jobs since Saved By The Bell.

Reaction Score
Darryl. Beth wanting to have drink. Nice Michonne. Any scene that includes Carl. This season has stunk.

(And the over/under on Meyers putting this in a quote box and disagreeing is 9:07 am)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some writer has a bad idea, ("Hey...what if the blond girl really wants a cocktail?!"), and then they chase that to an illogical conclusion.
What an awful, awful episode.

(And the over/under on Meyers putting this in a quote box and disagreeing is 9:07 am)
Did I win Deepster?

Partially agree with some of your ramblings. Last nights episode was pretty slow for most of the episode. About 3/4 of it. Except for the fact somebody finally used my weapon of choice, golf clubs (first thing I'm grabbing when the apocalypse hits).

Agree Emily is not the best actor/actress they have on the show. (although I don't mind her character) And to have Daryl brooding for most of the show....ugh. But I thought the payoff, the last 15 minutes was pretty good. Well I thought it was good, don't know if it was worth the first 45 minutes. I guess you had to get there somehow.

On the Talking Dead they went into the episode more. Beth's idea was she needed something to do, a mission. If you remember her and Maggie were always talking about "having a job to do". She took care of Judith and the kids. Now she had no job. She is basically being baby sat by Daryl. She needs a job, or a mission.

And she needed to prove she was no longer the teenage girl, and although she wasn't on the same level as a Michonne or Carol or Maggie, she was a survivor too. So she must have something going for her. Getting a "drink" became her mission, and her way of saying she wasn't a little girl who needed watching over anymore. And also I think it separated her from her father too after his death. Something he wouldn't have allowed her to do.

As for Daryl. His journey was supposed to be a bit like Michonne's. He's used to being a loner (or alone with his brother). He kind of reverted back to that. But like Michonne needed to realize he needed people and they needed him. Burning down the shack (his past) was kind of like Michonne killing all the walkers/pets. Released them from their past a little bit.

Was it well done? Nah, not one of the better episodes. (As Willie Stokes said, "They can't all be winners.") And I agree, I think, we need to get some of these groups back together and get moving somewhere. (although people were complaining about the stagnation of the prison and they wanted them on the road again....so there they are)

Reaction Score
Were we supposed to be "touched" or riveted when Darryl talked about what we all knew he is/was before the zombie apocalypse --- red neck white trash from the woods of Georgia with an brother ...

I can't believe the blonde is still alive---I had her marked for elimination back on the farm and every day in the jail. They could have stopped talking about her or including her in the show back then and I would not have noticed. Yet she hangs in there while Herschel is gone...

On a side note, not for nothing but if Darryl is gonna get lucky with blondie, he needs a shower badly....that sweaty greasy mess has gotsta smell like a ss.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I totally enjoyed last night's episode. Guess I am in the minority...but the scene of Beth & Darryl cowering in the trunk of a car was terrifying. The thing that made "Night of the Living Dead" work on such a powerful level was the claustrophobic aspect of it. There has been little to none of that on TWD.

I also have enjoyed the backstory of these characters & what their lives were like before. I would agree that Beth now has little to do & needs a purpose; even if it involves something pretty senseless. She kind of reminded me of Carl, leaving Rick behind & going out into the Zombie population to prove that he no longer needs a "babysitter".

Maybe I was just relieved to have another Carl-less episode!

Reaction Score
Maybe I was just relieved to have another Carl-less episode!

Amen to that...

He is likely busy setting ants on fire with a magnifying glass or tying up and dissecting cats somewhere...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Amen to that...

He is likely busy setting ants on fire with a magnifying glass or tying up and dissecting cats somewhere...
Nah, that's Lizzy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I totally enjoyed last night's episode. Guess I am in the minority...but the scene of Beth & Darryl cowering in the trunk of a car was terrifying. The thing that made "Night of the Living Dead" work on such a powerful level was the claustrophobic aspect of it. There has been little to none of that on TWD.
I liked it, just didn't think it was as good as some of the other ones. I liked the trunk thing too. Actually thought, what a good idea. Most zombies aren't gonna be hunting through cars, seems like a good place to hide. Maybe not so comfortable, but fairly safe.

I like the claustrophobic part of last week with Rick under the bed. They've had more suspenseful things like that recently.

I also have enjoyed the backstory of these characters & what their lives were like before. I would agree that Beth now has little to do & needs a purpose; even if it involves something pretty senseless. She kind of reminded me of Carl, leaving Rick behind & going out into the Zombie population to prove that he no longer needs a "babysitter".
Good point on the growing up, becoming man/woman, of Carl and Beth. I've always thought they might keep her around as a love interest down the road for Carl.....when he's a little older. (maybe one reason they haven't offed her yet??? as many people assumed she wouldn't last long)

Reaction Score
So, why don't walkers smell them in the trunk? Season 1, they had to cover themselves with guts to mask their "human" scent. Now they're in a trunk, or Beth is hiding behind a tree and they can't smell them?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, why don't walkers smell them in the trunk? Season 1, they had to cover themselves with guts to mask their "human" scent. Now they're in a trunk, or Beth is hiding behind a tree and they can't smell them?
I don't know. As a hypothesis, they go mostly by sight and sound (not unlike most human's now), but only smell if it happens to distinguish from other walkers? They aren't nor have they been trackers like dogs following a scent. They pretty much mostly gone by sight or sound. When the walker was in the camper with Andrea, he didn't smell her, only heard her. Besides I don't imagine Daryl and Beth smelled all that "alive" anyway. As Gouconn said they pretty much smell like @ss.

IDK. They change things. Different writers, different directors/producers/show runners. In the first season the walkers had no trouble chasing Rick and Glenn over the fence (same episode you were talking about), but none of them could climb over the fence at the prison??? Maybe they are getting weaker the longer they are walkers???

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I liked it, just didn't think it was as good as some of the other ones. I liked the trunk thing too. Actually thought, what a good idea. Most zombies aren't gonna be hunting through cars, seems like a good place to hide. Maybe not so comfortable, but fairly safe.

I like the claustrophobic part of last week with Rick under the bed. They've had more suspenseful things like that recently.

Good point on the growing up, becoming man/woman, of Carl and Beth. I've always thought they might keep her around as a love interest down the road for Carl.....when he's a little older. (maybe one reason they haven't offed her yet??? as many people assumed she wouldn't last long)

Carl and Beth? NFW. She's 28 (even if 18 on the show). Maybe Carl and Lizzie. I figure they have Darryl starting to like her, then they'll run into Carol again and it will be "awkward". Beth is too cute to kill.

Rick under the bed was good. The trunk was lame, as was the whole drinking scene. I'm about done with these little glimpses into each character, especially when they don't have the acting skills of Andrew Lincoln or the guy who played the Governor. Most importantly, people aren't behaving rationally anymore. Not focusing on staying alive. Best scene yesterday was when Darryl took pieces from the car and set up a warning system, and beth used the mirror to start a fire. That made sense (although staying in the woods in world of millions of uninhabited houses doesn't).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Carl and Beth? NFW. She's 28 (even if 18 on the show). Maybe Carl and Lizzie. I figure they have Darryl starting to like her, then they'll run into Carol again and it will be "awkward". Beth is too cute to kill.
Real age doesn't matter in TV/movies. e.g. Sally Field was Tom Hanks mother in Forrest Gump, plus many others. Besides if you are going by that, Emily is closer in age to Chandler (28 to 14 real life, 18/19 to 14/15 TV life) than she is to Norman Reedus/Daryl (45 to 28 real life, 35-40ish to 18/19 in TV life).

Although, on the Talking Dead, they really didn't deny something may be brewing between them.

That made sense (although staying in the woods in world of millions of uninhabited houses doesn't).
Well, houses are were people lived prior to apocalypse, hence more likely to have walkers around there than in the woods. Although, it really doesn't seem to matter in the Walking Dead series. Lots of walkers roaming in the woods??? Other than larger cities seem to have more, which makes sense.

If there actually was (and I know many think "when there is" :D) a zombie apocalypse the woods would gonna be much safer than places where people (potential walkers) had lived suburbs. e.g. uninhabited island, backwoods, up in the mountains, etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Real age doesn't matter in TV/movies. e.g. Sally Field was Tom Hanks mother in Forrest Gump, plus many others. Besides if you are going by that, Emily is closer in age to Chandler (28 to 14 real life, 18/19 to 14/15 TV life) than she is to Norman Reedus/Daryl (45 to 28 real life, 35-40ish to 18/19 in TV life).

Although, on the Talking Dead, they really didn't deny something may be brewing between them.

Lizzie is closer still, but too young to be anybody's love interest (so is Carl, really). I think Beth appreciates that she is out there with "the last man standing" and has a bit of a crush. I think they are just letting it simmer a bit for a reunion with Carol. Wondering about Rick and Michonne.

In any event, next week needs to be better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom