Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
It never occurred to me that Beth was kidnapped. So, thanks for that insight. Couldn't figure out why she would just up & leave Darryl in a cloud of exhaust fumes.

I am enjoying the individual stories...what makes these people survivors. It did occur to me that Terminus might not be anymore...like the prison & Woodbury, tho the signs look fairly new. Love what Maggie is doing to direct Glenn there. Looking forward to finding out what they find when they get there. Also still LOVING the Carl-less episodes!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm almost 47 yrs old and live in a boring Central CT suburb. I'd be honored to be associated with anything "hipster".
Ah you are an youngin'.

Reaction Score
Wow...didn't like the first thirty minutes much tonight but the last thirty minutes is as intense as it can get....didn't see that coming.

Was the baby still with them at the end when walking away or is the baby gone too?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually expected this since froot loops tried to smother the baby - the other kid really wasn't a character until tonight, so I guess short story arc for her.

Good episode.

I'm sure the baby is a logistical pain in the ass, so whenever possible, they use a fakey baby in Tyrese's pack.

Reaction Score
I dunno. I don't think they do psychology well. Not that I know of proper behavior in a zombie apocalypse, but I'm just not convinced the girl is a zombie lover. I'd keep her around though as bait for the zombies. When zombies attack, tell thegirl to hug them while you make a run for it. Makes no sense to kill her off like that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The baby didn't die - Tyrese carries her around in a pack.
Yes, they verified that on the Talking Dead last night. Papoose.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I dunno. I don't think they do psychology well. Not that I know of proper behavior in a zombie apocalypse, but I'm just not convinced the girl is a zombie lover. I'd keep her around though as bait for the zombies. When zombies attack, tell thegirl to hug them while you make a run for it. Makes no sense to kill her off like that.
You can't keep Lizzie around. You can't trust her. Especially with a baby around. She already said she was getting ready to kill the baby. (nice line by Carol, Judith can't be a walker, cause she can't even walk yet :rolleyes:)

They had a couple options, leave Lizzie to defend for herself, pretty cruel, and what if she hooks up with another group? They would not be safe. Carol take her away from people, but that leaves Tyreese with the baby by himself, which wouldn't work too well. Or put Lizzie down. The most humane.

I wasn't sure if they would go through with this last night or not. (Thought they were chickening out when they had Lizzie shoot the crispy walkers.) Didn't surprise me, cause I'd read about the Ben/Billy arc from the comics. Just glad they went through with it. Thought it was a very good intense episode. More intense with real people than comic book drawings. Gimple wrote this one and most of his have been really good (some of the better ones in the series). Thought Melissa McBride did a very nice job.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There was no way Lizzie was moving on as part of that quartet. She had a gun pointed at Carol, a knife at Judith and Nika painted all over her hands. Can you say "psycho"? Ain't nobody got time fuhthat?

I was underwhelmed with the Carol's confession scene. I missed Tyreese's response to her. How exactly did he take it? He wrenched over the gun and then chilled. And how did Carol explain it?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was underwhelmed with the Carol's confession scene. I missed Tyreese's response to her. How exactly did he take it? He wrenched over the gun and then chilled. And how did Carol explain it?
She explained it like with Lizzie. She thought it had to be done to protect people. He could understand that seeing what he had just witnessed. I believe he had always thought before that it was a murder (someone wanted to hurt Karen and David), but now realized Carol was trying to protect everyone. I don't think he agreed with her, but he understood where she was coming from.

He said he would forgive her, but not forget what she had done. She had to live with it, and so did he. Maybe there was/is more punishment in that for Carol?? I think it may be. She changed a lot from when Sophie died (Pretty Much Dead Already 2/7). I think she is going to go through another change now. Probably not a good one. She tried to protect Sophie and she died. She tried to train Lizzie and Nika to protect themselves and they died. What's the point??

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
This was the episode we were all waiting for! Very intense, lots of loose ends tied up. Great interaction between the characters. Lizzie's cheese slipped way off her cracker. There wasn't really a good sense of that (except for the mutilated rabbit & rats at the prison). The whole time, I thought Lizzie was the strong, tough minded one. Never saw the murder of Nika coming.

Hoping that next week we find out what happened to Beth. Thoughts?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hoping that next week we find out what happened to Beth. Thoughts?
Looks like next week, from the previews, is going to be about Daryl and his new group (and it doesn't look like it's going well for him there) and Glen/Abraham group. Maybe they meet up somehow?

Only a couple episodes left. I figure we'll get a glimpse of what Terminus is in the last episode, but it'll leave us hanging til Season 5. It would be nice to know if Beth was "taken" and if so by whom?? Can't imagine she'd voluntarily jump in the car and leave Daryl behind.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the way they teased us with the rats in the prison, then teased us with Lizzie growing more and more imbalanced, building to that scene where she had killed Nika. Really well done. Seeing an episode like that helps me "suffer" through a few Carl scenes along the way.

Reaction Score
I never heard about it...but that's exactly how I saw that guy, as some HS science teacher who was helpless and got Ford to protect him. Think about it, he had a working satellite phone for weeks, and in those weeks he couldn't manage to relay his theory to whoever was on the other end? BS.

Could be spoilers
:

Kirkman, the comics guys, does a lot of interviews on Hollywood Reporter where he coughs up info. The sat phone never worked - Eugene would always step away from the group when "talking" to Washington. He shot up their truck on purpose, so they wouldn't get to DC. There's no one there and he has nothing to say anyway. He doesn't know what caused the outbreak. His "knowledge" is a scam so Ford will continue to protect him. But he does know how to make ammo, so in the end he is valuable to Rick.

Reaction Score
She explained it like with Lizzie. She thought it had to be done to protect people. He could understand that seeing what he had just witnessed. I believe he had always thought before that it was a murder (someone wanted to hurt Karen and David), but now realized Carol was trying to protect everyone. I don't think he agreed with her, but he understood where she was coming from.

He said he would forgive her, but not forget what she had done. She had to live with it, and so did he. Maybe there was/is more punishment in that for Carol?? I think it may be. She changed a lot from when Sophie died (Pretty Much Dead Already 2/7). I think she is going to go through another change now. Probably not a good one. She tried to protect Sophie and she died. She tried to train Lizzie and Nika to protect themselves and they died. What's the point??

I missed it, but apparently Lizzie said Judith would also "come back" - implying she intended to kill her next when she had the gun trained on the adults. Carol and Tyreese both realized they could never leave her alone with the baby.

Actress talks about Carol

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed it, but apparently Lizzie said Judith would also "come back" - implying she intended to kill her next when she had the gun trained on the adults. Carol and Tyreese both realized they could never leave her alone with the baby.

Actress talks about Carol
Yea, she said something like "I was getting ready to help Judith next...." before Carol kind of cut her off. But yea it was implied it would work with Judith too.

Reaction Score
Odd that Carol/Tyrese hadn't figured out that one of the adults had to be watching the kids at all times.

Reaction Score
Odd that Carol/Tyrese hadn't figured out that one of the adults had to be watching the kids at all times.
In an interview, the actress who plays Carol said she was so narrowly focused on teaching survival skills to the girls, after her own daughter was bitten, that she missed all the warning signs with Lizzie.

Reaction Score
In an interview, the actress who plays Carol said she was so narrowly focused on teaching survival skills to the girls, after her own daughter was bitten, that she missed all the warning signs with Lizzie.
That was inconsistent as Carol said that at the end, but earlier in the episode she explicitly told Tyrese that Lizzie thought walkers were still people and didn't get it. And that's why Carol was focusing on the younger sister. I guess she 'missed' the warning signs for Lizzie being a murderous psychopath, but not understanding the difference between life and death isn't a warning sign - its a blllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaring signal shouting 'DON'T LEAVE HER ALONE'.

All good though, it created great tension. I didn't like feeling nervous for the baby and that is kind of the point of the show, be scared. I did think the show chickened out a little bit by not showing Lizzie knife her sister (its a horror show and admitting the child murder is too horrible takes us out of show and into the world where it is just a show). But then later it actually was one of the few times the show has haunted me in that I imagined afterwards what this might have looked like.

Kudos for wrapping up the Lizzie thing relatively quickly. They've been much more direct with all of their character development points this season, they've gone for small coherent character plot points and they've mostly worked. I think the last two episodes were very good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All good though, it created great tension. I didn't like feeling nervous for the baby and that is kind of the point of the show, be scared. I did think the show chickened out a little bit by not showing Lizzie knife her sister (its a horror show and admitting the child murder is too horrible takes us out of show and into the world where it is just a show). But then later it actually was one of the few times the show has haunted me in that I imagined afterwards what this might have looked like.
Yea, Gimple said they didn't want or need to show Nika being killed, rather Carol and Tyreese (and the audience) finding the scene, because people's imagination would be better than anything they could come up with anyway.

It is going to be interesting when (I'm sure they will) Carol, Tyreese and Judith meet up with Rick and Carl. One, Rick and Carl assume Judith is dead. Two, Rick basically threw Carol out because he didn't trust her around Judith and now Carol is partially responsible for keeping Judith alive and getting her back to Rick. (Assuming they actually make it all the way back.) Three, Tyreese has forgiven Carol, Rick has not, see how that plays out. Don't know if we'll get that this season or not. Supposedly quite a bit of stuff is going to happen the last two episodes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was inconsistent as Carol said that at the end, but earlier in the episode she explicitly told Tyrese that Lizzie thought walkers were still people and didn't get it. And that's why Carol was focusing on the younger sister. I guess she 'missed' the warning signs for Lizzie being a murderous psychopath, but not understanding the difference between life and death isn't a warning sign - its a blllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaring signal shouting 'DON'T LEAVE HER ALONE'.

You cannot show a child being killed on screen because the audience will hate you. Regardless of the context, if a movie shows something then the audience believes the director wants them to see it. One of many examples is The Mist where Darabont happily showed Mrs Carmody slump to the ground with a fresh bullet hole; but when the boy is shot by the dad, they cut away and you only hear a gun shot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You cannot show a child being killed on screen because the audience will hate you.
You cannot show a "live" child being killed on screen. Zombie ones they've done.

Reaction Score
You cannot show a "live" child being killed on screen. Zombie ones they've done.
Did Game of Thrones do it? I can't think of a TV show, but I'm sure there are plenty of movies. That's kind of my point though, that rule pulls you out of the show for a moment.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yea, she said something like "I was getting ready to help Judith next...." before Carol kind of cut her off. But yea it was implied it would work with Judith too.

Carol pointed out that Judith can't even walk yet, so it wouldn't be right to make her a walker. Lizzy paused and said she was right...but it was only a matter of time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom