Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well... there's no way both he and waters go to NC State, so there's a positive!
Just a visit. No biggie. We as UConn fand should now especially aftet this off season that a visit means close to nothing

Reaction Score
It's just a visit. I believe his first as well. Perhaps UConn will be his last?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Obviously I still hope the staff pulls this out. That being said, if Tremont and Whaley commitments are imminent and we are secretly in the lead for the UMass transfers, there go our four open scholarships. There's nothing to go off of besides speculation there, but it's just a thought.

Reaction Score
Obviously I still hope the staff pulls this out. That being said, if Tremont and Whaley commitments are imminent and we are secretly in the lead for the UMass transfers, there go our four open scholarships. There's nothing to go off of besides speculation there, but it's just a thought.
I like that scenerio because it creates a demand. It'd put daniels in a commit now or lose your spot situation

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I like that scenerio because it creates a demand. It'd put daniels in a commit now or lose your spot situation

I want to stress that I was just spitballing and there could very well be no truth to that. But it's a possibility. If Daniels ends up not coming here, there are more potential reasons why than "Ollie screwed this up and choked again!"

Reaction Score
And FWIW, Seton Hall and Oklahoma both only have 1 open scholarship and can't bring in both UMass kids which seems to be a requirement for them

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
And FWIW, Seton Hall and Oklahoma both only have 1 open scholarship and can't bring in both UMass kids which seems to be a requirement for them

Right. So it's essentially down to us and Creighton.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This is not something we are remotely concerned about right now, stair. Those are quality problems. We currently have sh_tty problems.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm just saying...

If it were to happen, I'd take em all. If Jalen has the year I expect him to, I think he's gone. So we'd have two ships with a bunch of young guys in the pipeline. Also, I'd expect at least a transfer next year (or an outside shot pro defection like Larrier), as that is now the new normal in MCBB. So call it three open next year. Just do it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
If it were to happen, I'd take em all. If Jalen has the year I expect him to, I think he's gone. So we'd have two ships with a bunch of young guys in the pipeline. Also, I'd expect at least a transfer next year (or an outside shot pro defection like Larrier), as that is now the new normal in MCBB. So call it three open next year. Just do it.

I'm envisioning similar things happening after the season, but the kids transferring in still count against this coming year's scholarship cap. So we don't have the space to take all 5 unless one of our current players/signees leave.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm envisioning similar things happening after the season, but the kids transferring in still count against this coming year's scholarship cap. So we don't have the space to take all 5 unless one of our current players/signees leave.

I was thinking we had 5 open. Keep forgetting about Antwoine Anderson.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
If he doesn't come here, Jalen Adams is officially dead to me as a recruiting source!

Reaction Score
Recruiting is now a constant source of aggravation.

The next five people to buy sneakers at Dicks get UConn scholarships.
What do they get if they are Lonzo Ball sneakers??

Reaction Score
Just because we have open scholarships doesn't mean that we should fill them all. If we need bodies I could see filling 2 with players we wouldn't normally recruit but the last thing this team needs is 5 players we wouldn't normally recruit.

Reaction Score
Just because we have open scholarships doesn't mean that we should fill them all. If we need bodies I could see filling 2 with players we wouldn't normally recruit but the last thing s team needs is 5 players we wouldn't normally recruit.
...yeah because how many can get hurt in one season. And then how many could transfer out in one season. The odds of this happening...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I knew recruiting was going to suffer going to AAC but for the first time I see us drifting away from the core of who we are (or were). What is our identity anymore as a team. My days we had knock out defense, slashers, and everyone knew their role. Now we are trying to put a team together made out of leftover parts.

If Benedict has shown us anything he wants results. Glad our academics are back In Order but I still feel Ollie has one year to right the all aspects of this ship! Otherwise we are looking for a new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom