Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only on the Boneyard can a no-star player dunking on farm boys be our missing link while a 245-pound, 6'8" freshman with three-point range has no shot at an NBA career.

We're a looney bin.

The Harrar kid is not our missing link.

And Vance Jackson has very, very little shot at an NBA career.

The statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
I don't think Ollie would take Jackson back. Even though we're thin, it would set a bad precedent. You can't leave to explore your options, then just choose to return if our market isn't what you expected it to be.
Ollie would absolutely take him back, just as various other coaches have done with players who asked for their release (Noah Dickerson and Marques Bolden are the 2 names from this year that come to mind)

Reaction Score
Ollie would absolutely take him back, just as various other coaches have done with players who asked for their release (Noah Dickerson and Marques Bolden are the 2 names from this year that come to mind)
I don't think he would, given what Vance has said on social media about having 10 toes in and stuff. Pretty much mocking what KO preaches.

Reaction Score
Dickerson's coach got fired and Duke tried to recruit Bolden back instantly, we haven't heard once that Ollie was even trying to get Jackson to come back.

I really don't think he'd welcome Jackson and his father back, but as others have said, it's a moot point.

Reaction Score
I don't think he would, given what Vance has said on social media about having 10 toes in and stuff. Pretty much mocking what KO preaches.

Dickerson's coach got fired and Duke tried to recruit Bolden back instantly, we haven't heard once that Ollie was even trying to get Jackson to come back.

I really don't think he'd welcome Jackson and his father back, but as others have said, it's a moot point.

It's certainly possible we'd say no, don't think we'd even have the option to anyway. But if we can barely field a team and we're turning down players I have a problem with that

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Only on the Boneyard can a no-star player dunking on farm boys be our missing link while a 245-pound, 6'8" freshman with three-point range has no shot at an NBA career.

We're a looney bin.

He's got way below average NBA athleticism. Too slow for NBA 3's. Too small for NBA 4's. jmo though.

Reaction Score
He's got way below average NBA athleticism. Too slow for NBA 3's. Too small for NBA 4's. jmo though.
and he, like the majority of Men's College basketball have a 1% shot at making it to the NBA.. It's about finding somebody that could come in, fit what we do, and SHOCK THE WORLD just again... EVERYBODY sells UConn Men's Basketball short... After winning for 4 National Championships in the last 18 years, one just 3 years ago, and folks still don't get it.. We are who we are...

Damn shame some people....

Reaction Score
and he, like the majority of Men's College basketball have a 1% shot at making it to the NBA.. It's about finding somebody that could come in, fit what we do, and SHOCK THE WORLD just again... EVERYBODY sells UConn Men's Basketball short... After winning for 4 National Championships in the last 18 years, one just 3 years ago, and folks still don't get it.. We are who we are...

Damn shame some people....
I hear you. I think its just a uncertainty that makes people anxious. But I think we are going to have a good chance at Daniels. KO is trying to get JA insurance after 2018. Grad transfers and high schoolers and JUCOS are going to fall after May 24th, Draft withdrawal deadline. That's when we will see our rosters hopefully fill

Reaction Score
Maybe Vance will go on this visit and realize UConn is the best fit for him. He couldn't have been blown away by Baylor or vise versa. Maybe he will decide to stay and have his buddy Devon join. Wishful thinking I know but I keep hoping for something positive.
As crazy as it sounds, and although the odds are low of that happening, it would not surprise me if a month from now he decided to stay. I, for one, would embrace his return. At the end of the day, he's a great player and would be an impact player here next year. He can moan and groan, but at the end of the day nobody wants to sit out an entire year and have to reacclimate all over again to major change, especially when the opportunity to play and have huge impact is right in front of him. Also, he knows how talented our back court will be, and that we are 1-2 great front court players from having a mediocre season to having a deep and exciting tournament run. So maybe after he does some exploration and realizes the opportunities elsewhere are not likely to be as good, his stays. Don't get me wrong, I think its a 20% chance at best, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we heard later he stays.

Reaction Score
As crazy as it sounds, and although the odds are low of that happening, it would not surprise me if a month from now he decided to stay. I, for one, would embrace his return. At the end of the day, he's a great player and would be an impact player here next year. He can moan and groan, but at the end of the day nobody wants to sit out an entire year and have to reacclimate all over again to major change, especially when the opportunity to play and have huge impact is right in front of him. Also, he knows how talented our back court will be, and that we are 1-2 great front court players from having a mediocre season to having a deep and exciting tournament run. So maybe after he does some exploration and realizes the opportunities elsewhere are not likely to be as good, his stays. Don't get me wrong, I think its a 20% chance at best, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we heard later he stays.
I don't think too many programs will be interested in Vance, just because of his dad meddling in business

Reaction Score
I don't think too many programs will be interested in Vance, just because of his dad meddling in business
I'm more inclined to think someone will hire his father to get him. Just don't expect it to be D1.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why are you so certain on this?
I myself doubt it because of all the crap VJ has been posting that comes close to blatantly making fun of KO
The kid will never sniff the D League never mind the NBA
Players with concrete boots on defense need not apply
May the University of New Jersey can use him as a spot shooter once or twice a game - but then he'll be in a P5 program!!!

Reaction Score
I myself doubt it because of all the crap VJ has been posting that comes close to blatantly making fun of KO
May the University of New Jersey can use him as a spot shooter once or twice a game - but then he'll be in a P5 program!!!

What kind of stuff has he said on social media?? I don't follow anything of his.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen any of the social media mocking to be honest, so that changes things. But considering the situation I just couldn't see KO turning away a good player who wanted to be here. If he's been mocking KO then I'm not so certain

Reaction Score
I haven't seen any of the social media mocking to be honest, so that changes things. But considering the situation I just couldn't see KO turning away a good player who wanted to be here. If he's been mocking KO then I'm not so certain
He hasn't. But his dad posted some contemptuous statements, including a tweet that he quickly deleted saying something to the effect that if KO keept it up he will tell everyone the real reason/story. But, at the end of the day, I think KO would not hold his dad's transgressions against Jr. if he wanted to come back, and maybe a little apology by the old man (or some distance )

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He hasn't. But his dad posted some contemptuous statements, including a tweet that he quickly deleted saying something to the effect that if KO keept it up he will tell everyone the real reason/story. But, at the end of the day, I think KO would not hold his dad's transgressions against Jr. if he wanted to come back, and maybe a little apology by the old man (or some distance )
He has - he was mocking the ten toes in and the family/love stuff
My son showed it to me and I thought at first it was the father but without a doubt it was VJ

Reaction Score
He has - he was mocking the ten toes in and the family/love stuff
My son showed it to me and I thought at first it was the father but without a doubt it was VJ
Maybe it was deleted then, because I follow him on Twitter and Instagram and went back through his tweets/posts since he said he was transferring and don't see anything

Reaction Score

I don't care if the kid is the second coming of Steph Curry,never,never, ever take him back.
The old man could never apologize enough, .throwing Unfounded accusations around. I would not be surprised if RU is the only school that might take the kid.
This kind of carp makes me sooo angry.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think it's more like a .20% chance.

Reaction Score
On his instagram live. He was saying 10 toes in then laughing

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Considering the role this particular transfer has played in harming this program's perception and giving other coaches material to negatively recruit against Ollie with, I'm of the mind that KO should stand his ground if dad comes around again. The three players transferring and Sr. running his mouth are in my mind a huge reason why kids are taking opposing coaches seriously when they trash us. Putting us in a position like that should not be rewarded with getting his spot back.

Reaction Score
I remember Geno having to put up with a lot of really bad posting fromBrittany Hunter's step dad ( Newbie 1) on the Duke board. Really, really nasty stuff that went on for quite awhile. Geno played it cool, Hunter came to UConn just like she originally wanted

Geno shook his hand at Brittany's senior night, like the gentleman Geno is.

Reaction Score
On his instagram live. He was saying 10 toes in then laughing
I do remember that now actually. I didn't put much stock into that but can certainly see why somebody would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom