Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All I'm hearing now on this one is crickets...doesn't necessarily mean we're out, but just that we are focusing priorities on next year vs. a transfer who would have to sit a year

Reaction Score
I'm envisioning similar things happening after the season, but the kids transferring in still count against this coming year's scholarship cap. So we don't have the space to take all 5 unless one of our current players/signees leave.

We seriously need an experienced big, a 4 or a 5 for next year and we good. Then we will have scholarships for next year when Chill will have had time to really work his magic. I get we all want some news to counteract the negatives, but if we can somehow real in an experienced 5 as a grad transfer to hold the fort with Cobb while Pollard and Diarra develop and get experience we good - then grabbing a high ceiling transfer like Daniels is a beautiful thing. I don't want to lock up all our scholarships just to lock them up when next year has a strong class and we currently can only say for sure we have just one scholarship coming off the books. With 4 guards, 2 swings, 4 bigs (the 3 we have and the 1 we need) and we are pretty balanced and talented, we can practice 5 on 5, and it puts us in nice shape for next year. Staff's #1 goal should be to real in that experienced big. We can survive nicely with just that and like I said it would definitely be nice to add either a legit GT for this year or a normal transfer for the following year.

Reaction Score
...yeah because how many can get hurt in one season. And then how many could transfer out in one season. The odds of this happening...
And exactly how far do you think a team will go with 5 sub standard players? We need bodys for sure but there has to be some balance. If Chillious is the recruiter most think he is he will need those schollys.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I knew recruiting was going to suffer going to AAC but for the first time I see us drifting away from the core of who we are (or were). What is our identity anymore as a team. My days we had knock out defense, slashers, and everyone knew their role. Now we are trying to put a team together made out of leftover parts.

If Benedict has shown us anything he wants results. Glad our academics are back In Order but I still feel Ollie has one year to right the all aspects of this ship! Otherwise we are looking for a new coach.

I think you answered your own questions. We got quality players who wanted to be a part of the Big East. The AAC isn't easy.
Ollie is not going anywhere after next year

Reaction Score
All I'm hearing now on this one is crickets...doesn't necessarily mean we're out, but just that we are focusing priorities on next year vs. a transfer who would have to sit a year

Aka we couldn't close and now "aren't really that interested in a guy who has to sit out a year".

Except those two from umass. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And exactly how far do you think a team will go with 5 sub standard players? We need bodys for sure but there has to be some balance. If Chillious is the recruiter most think he is he will need those schollys.
Not saying we shouldn't hold one or so. But we've had open schollies last couple of years. We have 3 players coming back that we will be cringing about. If they are quality fill them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

They are not five substandard players. One is a grad transfer, so you'll get his ship back. Two is Waters, who's a stud. Three is a kid who's pretty good right now, and his buddy who seems to have some really nice upside. 5th guy, I dunno.

pj

Reaction Score
My dream finish to this year's recruiting is Waters, Daniels, and either Rooks or Agau. For 2018 we have 3-5 schollies -- one open from 2017, plus the schollies vacated by Anderson, Rooks or Agau, and Jalen or Terry if they leave. Plenty of room for Chill & company to add talent.

Reaction Score
My dream finish to this year's recruiting is Waters, Daniels, and either Rooks or Agau. For 2018 we have 3-5 schollies -- one open from 2017, plus the schollies vacated by Anderson, Rooks or Agau, and Jalen or Terry if they leave. Plenty of room for Chill & company to add talent.
I dream of Wilson. Been a while since we had a high flyer

Reaction Score
Larrier is a pretty high flyer, Purvis was as well no?
Larrier yeah, but we didn't get to see much of him. Purvis is weird, definitely had the athleticism but didn't use it too much. Can't remember many besides that SMU one, which was amazing in it's own right. Never really caught any oops or anything ya know?

C

Chief00

Purvis was in theory, but he was a legitimately terrible finisher in the lane and off the dribble.

In a perfect world he'd have been this past group's Rashad or Albert instead of having to try to be their BG.

Short arms and small hands. Couldn't use left.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Confirmed. Nice to see casuals like yourself picking up on the finer points of talent evaluation.

"Nice to see the casual fan like yourself picking up on the finer points of talent evaluation."

Come on Matrim, no freelancing. Stick to the script.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Someone should do one of those word clouds for the boneyard. At this point I bet the word Confirmed would be front and center.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Someone should do one of those word clouds for the boneyard. At this point I bet the word Confirmed would be front and center.
Better than NEXT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall