UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 40 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 offers more stability for UConn going forward. The ACC is going to be torn apart, so the grouping of schools in the ACC will be uncertain at best. Some of those ACC schools could end up in the Big 12.

The B1G is the dream landing spot, but if that can't happen, I think the Big 12 is the best bet.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 payout is higher than the ACC's. The Big 12, on average, pays 46 to 47 million per school, the ACC 43 to 44 million per school.
where are you getting those numbers? the big12 tv deal pays $31/school and the ACC pays 30/school. if youre talking about overall distribution then that is over $40mill/school for the big12 but that number is subject to lots of variables eg NCAA tournament units, bowl revenue and new College Football Playoff revenue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The ACC pays about 10 million per for ACCN and B12 has no conference network

Reaction Score
Brett Yormark is the only power conference commissioner who's been advocating for us. You won't see the B1G or SEC commissioners going after us. And forget the ACC, been dumped on by that league enough.
ACC is political. They are failing ACC.

There will realign after all this is done and geography will matter again as they fix the sport. Right now, ya gotta find your place in the mix.

Reaction Score
UConn should proactively have “talks” with the ACC. Don’t let the B12 presidents think they are the only option.
UConn (and their fans) should also keep in mind that here in the mid-2020s, the Big East is a perfectly fine place to be.

A move is more about the future than the present.

Reaction Score
UConn should deal with Yormark in good faith. If the ACC wants to talk to us we will listen.

The ACC isn’t going anywhere.
Funny, that’s what everybody thinks about us , we’ll always be here. I know nothing beyond the end of my nose, but does the B1G just sit for GOR expiration, and who is prioritized?
1. UNC
2. ????

Reaction Score
Baylor is pretty good sized and made the original cut for the Big XII with UT, A&M and TT when the Big 8 raided the SWC. TCU, SMU, Houston and Rice did not.
Baylor got the nod for the Big 12 at the time because Ann Richards, the Texas governor at the time, was a Baylor grad.

Reaction Score
Funny, that’s what everybody thinks about us , we’ll always be here. I know nothing beyond the end of my nose, but does the B1G just sit for GOR expiration, and who is prioritized?
1. UNC
2. ????

UVA.

Reaction Score
The ACC is going down the toilet. I don't want to be on that turd when the B1G and SEC are done and ready to flush.

It's Big 12 or bust.

You didn’t get the joke.

I was cracking on the ACC stance that they think UConn would always be there so there was no urgent need to act.

Reaction Score
Right now houses are going for well over asking because of low inventory. Sounds to me like the Big 12 should be ponying up a premium for UConn. :cool:

Last we heard was meetings were continuing yesterday. Do we have any updates or have discussions paused?
Personally I think some realtors are pricing houses too low, but just my opinion.

Reaction Score
You think they’d get enough votes? Florida State and Clemson would lose their minds which I would enjoy if it could happen.
The ACC is going down the toilet. I don't want to be on that turd when the B1G and SEC are done and ready to flush.

It's Big 12 or bust.
The Big East will end up irrelevant when the music stops and chairs are filled. The power brokers will have their own basketball tournament, with a few invitations to outsiders, but keep most of the money.

Reaction Score
If I'm a Big 12 President:

I'm fully confident in Brett Yormark's ability to dismantle the ACC. UConn basketball joining our conference is inevitable—it’s only a matter of time. We don’t need their football program. Just like Utah and ASU, UConn will eventually come over but for basketball only, even if reluctantly, because they’ll have no better options. And once Yormark sets his sights on absorbing prime Big East basketball targets, UConn will be right where we want them.

Reaction Score
Personally I think some realtors are pricing houses too low, but just my opinion.
I think realtors do that in general. Get more traffic and a quick offer, they get their 5% as quickly as possible. Lately it's been ridiculous though. Houses in the $500k - $600k range going for $100k over asking. Seems to be a big surge in CT right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom