UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 35 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Why would they even want UConn football in their conference? Like joining the big12 is going to increase the team's competence level? How many UConn football fans are going to travel to Lubbock TX, Manhattan KS, Stillwater OK, etc to watch them get their butts kicked over and over? Games like UConn's opening game in 2018 vs UCF will be the norm.
Ask RG III if he views it the same way.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that you, as a basketball ONLY fan, missed the memo. The Big East, Seton Halls, Providences, etc., will not compete with Power Conference revenue in the future. That means lesser recruits lower SOS for the Big East in the not so far future. Additionally, you don't think the Big East is ripe for picking by the Big12 if they want? Feel free to be in denial.

Forte on Forde violence.

I completely agree with you. What a Pollyannish article. The guy doesn’t understand the first thing about how any of this works.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why would they even want UConn football in their conference? Like joining the big12 is going to increase the team's competence level? How many UConn football fans are going to travel to Lubbock TX, Manhattan KS, Stillwater OK, etc to watch them get their butts kicked over and over? Games like UConn's opening game in 2018 vs UCF will be the norm.

Have you bothered to read anything explaining why Yormark is intrigued by UConn? Apparently not. Hint: it’s not because of UConn’s football prowess.

Reaction Score
They don't want us. It's funny how many people ignore that fact.
DrumGuy it's like the girl who doen't want the guy until another girl goes out with him or flirts with him. B12 is at least flirting with us now and may accept the proposal.

Reaction Score
Funny none seemed to care how bad ASU and Colorado are at football.
Reality for the Big 12. It is highly unlikely that any of them will ever win a championship in football. Like basketball, some will make the playoffs, but none will eventually win. Adding UConn will not effect the perception of Big 12 football. UCF, Cinci, and Houston were terrible desperation additions and will likely never see the football playoffs now. For that matter, the SEC could add UConn and would benefit them and not effect their football perception.

Reaction Score
yeah TCU and OK St. i think ASU and Utah will also be no's if/when an official vote is taken. cant afford any other no's from the other 12.
Can you explain why you think each of those schools would be a no vote? Trying to understand what these schools are thinking.

Reaction Score
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Reaction Score
maybe I’m totally wrong but in all the successful realignment bids over the years is it not quite rare to have reports of “hard no” votes against a school that is ultimately added?

Seems there’s usually a consensus when it happens, and frankly there should be. Not a great way to be welcomed in, with multiple prospective conference mates saying yeah no thanks

Reaction Score
Of course it will increase competence level. Recruiting will get better. More money. And fans traveling has nothing to do with it. Why would it? You think Cincy fans travel to Kansas?

DGB

Reaction Score
I think ESPN just doesn’t like Fox sports and wants to piss them off and see a chance to do so.

This doesn’t benefit Fox at all. But ESPN can say well if we’re paying we get to air all UConn men women’s conference bball games. Which I am sure espn will force 2 games against Kansas and Arizona a year. Then Fox loses out with BE and UConn and Big12 and UConn. Just to say screw you to your competition sports station.
and then...

...some UConn bball games are offered to Fox in the negotiation to get them to pony up some money to the conference. Then both Fox and ESPN get some UConn bball content as opposed to just Fox (as it is now with the BE) or just ESPN (if Fox doesn't contribute to UConn in the Big 12).

This could be the negotiation stage we are at, and it's a pretty good bet that the Big 12 hold out votes are being coached by Fox to hold this up. If ESPN and Fox are both made happy, the no votes will disappear, and every Big 12 president will sing the praises of bball, NYC, Danny Hurley, and Dairy Bar ice cream.

It should be a surprise to nobody that we are also starting to see some positive ACC articles/tweets with regards to UConn, as this is the other way ESPN can posture its ability to take UConn away from Fox entirely.

Reaction Score
Earlier this week I thought it was 85% chance we were getting approved into the Big12.

Now, all the anti UCONN spinsters are publishing articles and videos railing against UCONN being added. Anti UCONN crowd are now out in full force trying to shape the narrative against us. Seems something has changed and I just feel things are slipping away regarding us being added to Big12.

I hope I'm wrong as I want the added $ and security of a Big12 addition.

Reaction Score
Can you explain why you think each of those schools would be a no vote? Trying to understand what these schools are thinking.
ASU was reluctant to join and is on record saying they don’t want Big12 expanding to the east coast. Utah is the best football program in the big12 and doesn’t give a crap about bball only cares about being in the best footballl conference it can.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is this for real? I'll simplify ...NIL, Coaching/Staff salaries, Facilities, exposure of $ vs. $$$$$$$ that's why.

Reaction Score
Jesus, you look like you came out of central casting for trolls...

Reaction Score
maybe I’m totally wrong but in all the successful realignment bids over the years is it not quite rare to have reports of “hard no” votes against a school that is ultimately added?

Seems there’s usually a consensus when it happens, and frankly there should be. Not a great way to be welcomed in, with multiple prospective conference mates saying yeah no thanks
That's because I'm pretty sure we aren't getting in

Reaction Score
ASU was reluctant to join and is on record saying they don’t want Big12 expanding to the east coast. Utah is the best football program in the big12 and doesn’t give a crap about bball only cares about being in the best footballl conference it can.
I can understand Utah... In terms of ASU, it seems like their wild-ass President was hell bent to stay in the Pac iirc and went kicking and screaming into the Big12. Was it because he didn't want to associate with the lesser academic schools of the Big12 as compared to the Pac? Wondering if our academics might help with him? Just looked up his bio and lo and behold he got his Masters and PhD from Syracuse. Sigh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom