UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 34 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
you are the one making things up. i havent seen a potential invite characterized like this by anyone.

by all accounts it would be olympic sports as early as 2026 upon which we would get ~15 mill/year. then full members by 2031 pending some financial milestones.

it's pure speculation to say the deal would allow the conference to keep moving the goal posts in order to keep our football program in limbo forever.

I will always take more money, but I am suspicious that $15MM number came out of someone's basement desktop.

How many people would relocate 1500 miles to a new job with the promise that they will double your salary in 7 years if you really put in the work between now and then?

Reaction Score
Translation, we are waiting for southern football schools
Then they'll be waiting for a while. Unless FSU and Clemson bolt, which would cost hundreds of millions, it's not happening. ACC would need to dissolve.

Reaction Score
Don't forget a lot of these Midwest and Southwest schools want metro NYC exposure. UConn brings that.

Reaction Score
TCU is definitely one of the no’s from yesterday. They are football first
yeah TCU and OK St. i think ASU and Utah will also be no's if/when an official vote is taken. cant afford any other no's from the other 12.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We can remedy that easily by refusing to attend tournaments like Phil Knight and Maui. :cool:

I don’t disagree that travel is a negative. But hopefully this is short term. It seems the media wants to contract the college sports landscape at the highest level so four contracts are better than five (bye bye PAC), three will be better than four (bye bye ACC).

The question is will they push it down to two contracts or stay at three? I believe three is easier to manipulate than two plus the BIG does not trust the SEC so they’ll want a partner. Additionally Yormark’s plan for a superior bb conference will keep the B12 viable long term.

With this scenario it will benefit the B12 conference to add teams from the ACC that are geographically better for UConn and negate this negative travel situation.
Haha I hear what you’re saying. But a week trip to Hawaii is a little different than going from Dallas to Storrs to Houston back to Storrs back to Kansas as a potential road trip.

If there was confidence in the ACC staying together I’d be advocating strongly for that but it seems like the Big 12 is the only option. Then the hope would be to add the ACC schools to help like you said.

Reaction Score
I think ESPN just doesn’t like Fox sports and wants to piss them off and see a chance to do so.

This doesn’t benefit Fox at all. But ESPN can say well if we’re paying we get to air all UConn men women’s conference bball games. Which I am sure espn will force 2 games against Kansas and Arizona a year. Then Fox loses out with BE and UConn and Big12 and UConn. Just to say screw you to your competition sports station.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They don't care about our feelings. And do you really think Colorado has interest in us after the Deion era?
They don't have to have interest in us, but football and basketball are two different programs. And they do have basketball teams that would probably like to play us occasionally. Mens and women's.

Reaction Score
I have not scrolled thru all of the posts in this thread, so apologies if this has already been posted:

Forde-Yard Dash: Do Not Move to the Big 12, UConn. It’s a Trap.

I completely agree.
It's unfortunate that you, as a basketball ONLY fan, missed the memo. The Big East, Seton Halls, Providences, etc., will not compete with Power Conference revenue in the future. That means lesser recruits lower SOS for the Big East in the not so far future. Additionally, you don't think the Big East is ripe for picking by the Big12 if they want? Feel free to be in denial.

Reaction Score
Eight schools in the Big XII are in the central time zone. Three, Cinci, WVU and UCF are east. Five, Arizona, ASU, Utah, BYU and Colorado are mountain. So only those 5 are two time zones away.
The Arizona Schools are in the Pacific Time Zone for at least 6 weeks at the start of Football season as AZ does not change its time in the fall or the spring. It is on MST in the winter and early sprng, and PDT in the summer and early fall.

Reaction Score
Love this article! There should be a bidding war for Uconn.

Look at the comments beneath the article. The denial in the Land of the ACC is (still) strong.

Reaction Score
Look at the comments beneath the article. The denial in the Land of the ACC is (still) strong.
No one ever believes in UConn's potential until after they've seen them succeed (many times over, in fact), so we need to start punching teams in the mouth. Let's start with a serious bid for an upset of Maryland on Saturday.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that you, as a basketball ONLY fan, missed the memo. The Big East, Seton Halls, Providences, etc., will not compete with Power Conference revenue in the future. That means lesser recruits lower SOS for the Big East in the not so far future. Additionally, you don't think the Big East is ripe for picking by the Big12 if they want? Feel free to be in denial.
Why would they even want UConn football in their conference? Like joining the big12 is going to increase the team's competence level? How many UConn football fans are going to travel to Lubbock TX, Manhattan KS, Stillwater OK, etc to watch them get their butts kicked over and over? Games like UConn's opening game in 2018 vs UCF will be the norm.

Reaction Score
Why would they even want UConn football in their conference? Like joining the big12 is going to increase the team's competence level? How many UConn football fans are going to travel to Lubbock TX, Manhattan KS, Stillwater OK, etc to watch them get their butts kicked over and over? Games like UConn's opening game in 2018 vs UCF will be the norm.
Why do you hate UConn athletics?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom