UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Sure, I think we would all like Miami, Cuse, Pitt, West Virginia, VA Tech etc. to join back up with the Big East but no way in hell does it happen.
If the Big XII end game is 24 schools we could have something similar.

Miami
Cuse
Pitt
West Virginia
UCF
Cinci
Louisville
Wake Forest
NC St
BC
Virginia Tech
UConn

Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Baylor
Houston
OkSt
Iowa State
BYU
Texas Tech (no Utah since the smoke there is B1G)

It would effectively be two conferences under the same umbrella. You can go to 22 conference games in basketball and 11 in football and have real conference championships again. No more bottom feeders in the conference tournaments but still a ton of content. Everyone plays their full division in football too.

The mission of the Big XII is to stay relevant and needed in major college sports. This puts that question to bed. They would have to be in the conversations with the SEC and B1G

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Miami
Cuse
Pitt
West Virginia
UCF
Cinci
Louisville
Wake Forest
NC St
BC
Virginia Tech
UConn

Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Baylor
Houston
OkSt
Iowa State
BYU
Utah/Replacement for Utah if they go B1G like they keep proclaiming

It would effectively be two conferences under the same umbrella. You can go to 22 conference games in basketball and 11 in football and have real conference championships again. No more bottom feeders in the conference tournaments but still a ton of content. Everyone plays their full division in football too.

The mission of the Big XII is to stay relevant and needed in major college sports. This puts that question to bed. They would have to be in the conversations with the SEC and B1G

Awesome fantasy, I hope something like this happens. But please please no BC in this conference. Put Duke there instead.

Reaction Score
I'm not getting baited for the 1,825,294th time.
Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Reaction Score

Miami
Cuse
Pitt
West Virginia
UCF
Cinci
Louisville
Wake Forest
NC St
BC
Virginia Tech
UConn

Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Baylor
Houston
OkSt
Iowa State
BYU

That would be pretty ideal just minus BC.

Reaction Score

Miami
Cuse
Pitt
West Virginia
UCF
Cinci
Louisville
Wake Forest
NC St
BC
Virginia Tech
UConn

Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Baylor
Houston
OkSt
Iowa State
BYU

Unreal...no...

Duke
UVA
UNC
FSU
Clemson
GT

Maybe if we're lucky they'll allow ND a non-football partial membership with a full payout allotment.

Reaction Score
There is the matter of owing $30M to the Big East as a buyout.

But it’s hard to disagree. The Big 12 is a more stable option, and the ACC has their heads up their arses.
It’ll be reduced and they would likely be able to make payments over time. It would still likely be a net positive.

Reaction Score
Unreal...no...

Duke
UVA
UNC
FSU
Clemson
GT

Maybe if we're lucky they'll allow ND a non-football partial membership with a full payout allotment.
This only happens if UNC, Clemson and FSU leave the ACC and they won't leave for the Big XII.

Reaction Score
I'm not getting baited for the 1,825,294th time.
Yup (nodding my head in agreement). I have bruises from hitting the floor too many times after the rug has been pulled out from underneath me.

Yet, I am reading this thread which is contradictory on some level, I will believe this is going to happen once Brett Yormark says so. I didn't even believe it all that much last year, but I thought there was a chance until news about the Pac 12 and their trouble closing a TV deal surfaced. Then I knew the PAC-12 was likely to fall apart.

Reaction Score
Yup (nodding my head in agreement). I have bruises from hitting the floor too many times after the rug has been pulled out from underneath me.

Yet, I am reading this thread which is contradictory on some level, I will believe this is going to happen once Brett Yormark says so. I didn't even believe it all that much last year, but I thought there was a chance until news about the Pac 12 and their trouble closing a TV deal surfaced. Then I knew the PAC-12 was likely to fall apart.
And we were always the option for an odd number if teams to make it an even number. We were the choice for scheduling arrangements

Reaction Score
Excluding BC is not even out of spite. BC is just flat out irrelevant. They don't really care about their athletics so why should we or anyone else care about their athletics?
Tbh one of the best reasons to get into the Big XII before an ACC collapse would be to have a no vote against BC when the ACC crumbles

Reaction Score
Zanetto better hope some of this smoke he’s kindling has legs or he’s going to be tuned out fast. Just finished his pod and he loses cred when he starts going into UConn’s partner likely(total speculation) being Gonzaga because of “symmetry” dating back to their 90s S16 matchup. If there is one thing the B12 doesn’t give two shi&ts about its dated “symmetry” that is only nostalgic to old UConn fans. Needless to say, the guy is a bit out of touch. He may have some contacts with scoop, but this will be a test of how real and credible those contacts are. This thing dies on the vine without even an ounce of being real, he’s going to be the UConn version of peppermint patty wah wah.

Reaction Score
I believe the Big East Contract opened some eyes . If The Big East
average is $7,000,000 it does not mean the Market Value of each team is equal
to that number
I like to play around with numbers and I created a simple spread sheet with weighted values .This obviously is an image but on the sheet I could model various weights as long as totals stay constant. .
UConn Value to a conference is huge because of the success of men’s and women’s basketball. whose games get as high or higher ratings than many men’s games. If UConn value is anywhere near this value in a Conference of smaller privates what’s it’s worth to power conferences just for basketball
So the fact that we are more attractive than we have been lead to believe is pretty
factual
UConn‘s 2 is based on 1.4 weight for men .6 for women which is pretty difficult to argue with. DePaul gets a zero because they can be replaced by most any team without effect
IMG_0040.jpeg

Reaction Score
Zanetto better hope some of this smoke he’s kindling has legs or he’s going to be tuned out fast. Just finished his pod and he loses cred when he starts going into UConn’s partner likely(total speculation) being Gonzaga because of “symmetry” dating back to their 90s S16 matchup. If there is one thing the B12 doesn’t give two shi&ts about its dated “symmetry” that is only nostalgic to old UConn fans. Needless to say, the guy is a bit out of touch. He may have some contacts with scoop, but this will be a test of how real and credible those contacts are. This thing dies on the vine without even an ounce of being real, he’s going to be the UConn version of peppermint patty wah wah.
Maybe the story is being planted (and Zanetto is being used) to get the ACC to add us. I think I read that the ACC can add one more school according to their agreement with ESPN.

Reaction Score
Didn't someone in a WBB thread recently post about hearing B12 rumblings?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom