UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 really believes that the ACC is going to collapse, why make any additions at this point in time?

My concern is the opposite happening where ESPN moves Big 12 teams to the ACC to build the ACCN. In addition to the B1G taking TCU and Utah to get into two big markets. The SEC could be interested in KSU, ASU & Arizona. What’s left of the Big 12 at that point? Their Achilles heel is not having their own TV network.

Hilarious.

Reaction Score
The revenue thing is how I know immediately if someone is a total idiot or not. How they don't realize that 80-90% of these teams revenues come from the league is beyond me. It's only a dozen or so teams that make a ton of money on their merch, ticket sales and sponsorships

Without a Big 12 check, each of the Big 12 AAC Noobs make less than UConn's Indy Athletic Department.

Couple that with an undesireable Albatross like BYU the Big 12 really got too desperate OU and Texas announced.

Reaction Score
There's always been tiers in college football from a performance standpoint (P5/P6 if you add in the BE FB era) on down to the mid major FBS and the money has always been spread out equally within conferences. Now, the money for the B1G and SEC has broken far and wide from the other two (ACC and Big12). If one or both of the ACC and Big12 survive, they'll remain conferences that only every-so-often get a team to outperform their pecking order. The only thing in question is whether the B1G/SEC construct an official walled garden between themselves and everyone else.

Letting the likes of Vandy and Miss State enjoy full shares is unsustainable in the future. I won't bother citing examples from the B1G but you know who they are.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Zanetto better hope some of this smoke he’s kindling has legs or he’s going to be tuned out fast. Just finished his pod and he loses cred when he starts going into UConn’s partner likely(total speculation) being Gonzaga because of “symmetry” dating back to their 90s S16 matchup. If there is one thing the B12 doesn’t give two shi&ts about its dated “symmetry” that is only nostalgic to old UConn fans. Needless to say, the guy is a bit out of touch. He may have some contacts with scoop, but this will be a test of how real and credible those contacts are. This thing dies on the vine without even an ounce of being real, he’s going to be the UConn version of peppermint patty wah wah.
Yes, he's flirting with infamy for trolling his own fan base.

Reaction Score
Here's the catch... P3 is a Myth. There is only P2. Big12 as far as football is concerned are a jumping stone to the B1G and SEC.
Financially yes, of course. In terms of membership and fan support, the Big 12 has turned out to be a very strong football conference. Those fans won't just walk away because they aren't with Ohio State and Alabama.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The P3 is every bit is real as the P6 was.
Not sure I agree with this. I’m curious on your reasoning. Please explain.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Been seeing the B12 Locked on guy on YouTube too much - seems too often throwing out speculation & rumor. He is "the boy that cried wolf" at this point. Disappointed that Locked On UConn was off on UConn football facts, financials & history.

Very sloppy discussion concerning revenues & potential schools that would be considered as new B12 partners. Comparing UConn to P5 schools makes no sense as far as recent football revenues. Gonzaga is a hoop ony add - why would UConn consider hoop only move? If Florida State & Clemson can not get out of ACC contracts - how is discussion of Duke & NC State a possiblity in the next 2 weeks?

Would not doubt that there could be UConn/B12 conversations. Surprised that B12 would make a move before ACC litigations is resloved.

If we are throwing things against the wall - the most logical team joining UConn in the move I saw on a podcast was San Diego State Aztecs. Two teams on the coast bringing big coastal markets with hoop success & football upside - & a legal pathway.

Reaction Score
So this popped yesterday.

It bounced around the echo chamber and not one single credible molecule emerged to corroborate any of it.

This was probably all fake.
But it’s more fun than people moaning about our QB situation!

Reaction Score
Without a Big 12 check, each of the Big 12 AAC Noobs make less than UConn's Indy Athletic Department.

Couple that with an undesireable Albatross like BYU the Big 12 really got too desperate OU and Texas announced.
Why do you say that about BYU? They've been successful in football and basketball without the backing of a major conference and there's mega bucks there.

Reaction Score
So this popped yesterday.

It bounced around the echo chamber and not one single credible molecule emerged to corroborate any of it.

This was probably all fake.
I've listened to his UConn hoops podcast and he seems to just take what we all talk about on the boneyard basketball message board and regurgitates it saying this is what his inside sources are telling him. He also calls himself a former professional tennis player and I've seen him get into it in his comments with people who post under his videos.

He might be trying to make a living with this podcast so I hope for his sake it works out for him.

Reaction Score
I've listened to his UConn hoops podcast and he seems to just take what we all talk about on the boneyard basketball message board and regurgitates it saying this is what his inside sources are telling him. He also calls himself a former professional tennis player and I've seen him get into it in his comments with people who post under his videos.

He might be trying to make a living with this podcast so I hope for his sake it works out for him.
There is no way any media could make a living out of UConn athletics. The support just isn't there. UConn beat writers etc were among the first things cut by the courant and other outlets during the slay-offs

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I've run the numbers for both the ACC and the Big12 and if you take out FSU/Clemson what is left is pretty much a dead heat. The ACC's got the advantage with Miami/Louisville and a couple more up top and then the Big12's mid and lower tier is stronger than the ACC's.
I love the boldness of saying “I’ve run the numbers”, then providing zero numerical support for your argument. Peak Boneyard. Cmon boys, let’s get this nothingburger thread up to 20 pages!

Reaction Score
Couz's Corner (Big 12) talks UConn. Spoiler: He's not a fan of adding UConn to the Big 12, although his opinion changes a little at the end.

Reaction Score

You'd think if he was going to steal material he'd just read through this realignment board.

UConn should start offering a PHD in conference realignment. Key tweets and non key tweets in their entirety is required reading. Then a jury of members from this board judge their 5 minute take on realignment and award them the degree or call them dumb

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom