UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if the ACC on behalf of other member schools would wind up counter suing Clemson and FSU if they claim that the ACC's value was diminished as a result of the Big XII making moves while it was forced to defend itself in these lawsuits and as a result the other ACC conference members have had their own values decreased as a result.
Which is why FSU and Clemson (and UNC) won't be going anywhere until they settle or a ruling is made

Reaction Score
There is also a faction that believes it's still 1985.
The Breakfast Club Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
I don’t believe anything is going on but the only way I see it happening is if men’s and women’s basketball can join asap. Then football gets some kind of 5 year plan before joining. Get 5-6 games a year to ramp up football for 5 years before joining fully. Unfortunately football is looked upon as a red headed step child after some of those dark years.

But men’s and women’s bball would be at the top of Big 12 right from the start.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe anything is going on but the only way I see it happening is if men’s and women’s basketball can join asap. Then football gets some kind of 5 year plan before joining. Get 5-6 games a year to ramp up football for 5 years before joining fully. Unfortunately football is looked upon as a red headed step child after some of those dark years.

But men’s and women’s bball would be at the top of Big 12 right from the start.

I don't think fielding a competitive team in the B12 would be as hard as people think. If you have good coaches, you'll build a squad and compete. The portal will make it much easier to pull in players more quickly. Remember, we can get better players when they know they'll be playing in the B12. Its a selling point.

Reaction Score
I don't think fielding a competitive team in the B12 would be as hard as people think. If you have good coaches, you'll build a squad and compete. The portal will make it much easier to pull in players more quickly. Remember, we can get better players when they know they'll be playing in the B12. Its a selling point.
Its similar to how they said it would take us a decade to compete in the Big East. Then it didn't. The AAC was a rug pull landing and not really comparable to what we were in the BE or what we could be in the Big12.

Reaction Score
Pretty safe to assume these rumors were complete bs once again? There hasn't been any smoke whatsoever since these Locked On guys threw the rumor out there and I feel like if something was actually in the works then there would be other sources putting the word out there by now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pretty safe to assume these rumors were complete bs once again? There hasn't been any smoke whatsoever since these Locked On guys threw the rumor out there and I feel like if something was actually in the works then there would be other sources putting the word out there by now.
Standard operating procedure should be to view this (and any similar rumor) as click bait until the rumored conference makes an official public announcement that includes a start date.

Reaction Score
Standard operating procedure should be to view this (and any similar rumor) as click bait until the rumored conference makes an official public announcement that includes a start date.
Was the rumor in any way consistent with the "palpable buzz" you mentioned, or was this that far out of left field?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
There was a post made on August 14 in the Big 12 thread about hearing rumblings of Big 12 move coming from people connected with UConn AD. The lockedon Big 12 / Zanetto pod was posted late August 19 / early AM August 20. Sooooo maybe there’s more to this

Reaction Score
According to Ross Dellenger on July 9, 2024, there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn.

"And while there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn, their candidacy remains uncertain".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
According to Ross Dellenger on July 9, 2024, there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn.

"And while there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn, their candidacy remains uncertain".

Let me quote that whole paragraph that discusses Yormark as a disruptor.

From within his own league, there is often pushback to ideas that some describe as innovative and others call extreme. For instance, a plan to add Gonzaga was left on the cutting room floor. And while there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn, their candidacy remains uncertain.

What I find interesting about that is the notion that the Gonzaga potential edition is dead while an addition of Connecticut is still being considered. That's 1,000,000 miles away from being a sure thing, but it is good news, I guess, that we still continue to be viewed as a possible candidate for admission to the conference.

Reaction Score
Let me quote that whole paragraph that discusses Yormark as a disruptor.

From within his own league, there is often pushback to ideas that some describe as innovative and others call extreme. For instance, a plan to add Gonzaga was left on the cutting room floor. And while there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn, their candidacy remains uncertain.

What I find interesting about that is the notion that the Gonzaga potential edition is dead while an addition of Connecticut is still being considered. That's 1,000,000 miles away from being a sure thing, but it is good news, I guess, that we still continue to be viewed as a possible candidate for admission to the conference.
I think it's obvious Yormark wants us and the presidents and/or networks don't

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it's obvious Yormark wants us and the presidents and/or networks don't
I don't know if it's obvious, but that seems likely to me. Being back-to-back champions helps, but a winning football season might actually help more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or, UConn is being used again to attract the interest of potential ACC defectors.
I could see that, but it seems like everyone is locked into the ACC at least for this season into next year as of right now. So why would they make that play now as if trying to pressure on schools at a time where they can't act on it? Like, why not make that move in Feb/March after the football season when things are picked back up again during the offseason?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom