UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There is no money to go around, In the event it happens it will be an SMU type deal.
Not what I am hearing. Fox will step up. Might be looking at a 1/2 share.

But don't interpret this post as that I know for sure something is happening right now. All I have been told is that things are set up and the button maybe pushed at anytime in the next year. If they are pushing the button now, then great. Personally I thought this would happen in spring 2025 based on the buzz change this summer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As long as there is a schedule to go to a full share within a reasonable timeframe, that is acceptable.

That’s better than anyone reasonable would expect.

Tbf there isn’t much difference between making nothing and making a little. And right now we make a little.

Reaction Score
I would take anything at this point, including a bball only scheduling agreement. But this story has gotten ZERO legs no one outside of Locked on Big12 is biting.

Reaction Score

But don't interpret this post as that I know for sure something is happening right now. All I have been told is that things are set up and the button maybe pushed at anytime in the next year. If they are pushing the button now, then great. Personally I thought this would happen in spring 2025 based on the buzz change this summer.
Half a share would actually be pretty respectable given what we make now.

Reaction Score
Source is a UConn booster. Like I posted in the conference realignment forum timing seems off. No way this happens within two weeks.
Haven’t seen any official statement from anyone contradicting the booster. If not true you would think they’d say something. Only thing contradictory is coming from some dumb Boneyard posters trying to laugh it off.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would take anything at this point, including a bball only scheduling agreement. But this story has gotten ZERO legs no one outside of Locked on Big12 is biting.
Yep. Tis curious. Need others to pick this up or else this was just another effort by a struggling platform to get clicks.

Again, from what I understand UConn and the B12 have been talking, but nothing was finalized. Yormark wants UConn...and UConn wants the ACC (not a typo)...and UConn wants a full share...and Yormark has to get his Conf on board....and the B12 probably wanted to have those FSU/Clemson discussions first too. I thought all of this would push the UConn to the B12 button to a spring 2025 decision. Maybe there has been a break through on these....IDK. And what I have been told UConn is not going anywhere on the SMU model, the school wont follow that same path...we have to get something.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen any official statement from anyone contradicting the booster. If not true you would think they’d say something. Only thing contradictory is coming from some dumb Boneyard posters laughing it off.

I don’t know what he is talking about. The timing is perfectly aligned with past announcements.

It’s a very thin thread. But it’s the only reason I am perked up a little.

Reaction Score
No.

Think of this like your getting killed by the mob: it's probably not going to happen, but if it does you will NEVER see it coming.
Like we didn't see the PAC fall apart for weeks before it happened?

Reaction Score
Yep. Tis curious. Need others to pick this up or else this was just another effort by a struggling platform to get clicks.

Again, from what I understand UConn and the B12 have been talking, but nothing was finalized. Yormark wants UConn...and UConn wants the ACC (not a typo)...and UConn wants a full share...and Yormark has to get his Conf on board....and the B12 probably wanted to have those FSU/Clemson discussions first too. I thought all of this would push the UConn to the B12 button to a spring 2025 decision. Maybe there has been a break through on these....IDK. And what I have been told UConn is not going anywhere on the SMU model, the school wont follow that same path...we have to get something.
Makes sense because UConn's men's basketball alone is worth more than all of SMU's AD.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen any official statement from anyone contradicting the booster. If not true you would think they’d say something. Only thing contradictory is coming from some dumb Boneyard posters trying to laugh it off.
Charlie Brown Football GIF

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
While the source is really suspect, the timing is actually correct. These things usually happen right about now. I still don't give this any credibility.
I don’t know what he is talking about. The timing is perfectly aligned with past announcements.

It’s a very thin thread. But it’s the only reason I am perked up a little.
There’s no way this is announced after the football season starts next week. The Big 12 doesn’t want that distraction. Same as last year. It was done end of July and early August. It was reported that the Big 12 (Yormark) didn’t want it to distract from the season — because it was a distraction when Cinci et al were announced in September 2021 — that’s why they pushed it through and put the pressure on to finish line in late July. This is Yormark. He’s calculated.

If I’m wrong I’ll happily buy you a beer.

Reaction Score
There’s no way this is announced after the football season starts next week. The Big 12 doesn’t want that distraction. Same as last year. It was done end of July and early August. It was reported that the Big 12 (Yormark) didn’t want it to distract from the season — because it was a distraction when Cinci et al were announced in September 2021 — that’s why they pushed it through and put the pressure on to finish line in late July. This is Yormark. He’s calculated.

If I’m wrong I’ll happily buy you a beer.
They love the distraction.

It literally has happened at around the start of the season almost every time.

Look it up for yourself.

When Syracuse and Pitt announced Marinatto was literally at a game sitting in the press box and I think it was Week 1.

Reaction Score

Seton hall has picked up on it!! :eek::confused::rolleyes: Source: UConn to Big12 "imminent"

and BYU! 4 whole reposts... its happening guys!

Reaction Score
I'll never believe it until it happens. I absolutely believe Yormark has wanted UConn for a while and it's about getting the other schools on board. No clue if that's happened and again I won't believe anything until I see it.

I'm a Big East fan and will always be a Big East fan. I'm also a UConn basketball fan first and will always be a UConn basketball first fan and I'll worry some about losing the Big East because in terms of winning right now in the sport there's no better place for us...

I recognize things can change quickly though and money and stability are what's most important. We're not too far removed from the disastrous last couple Ollie years where we routinely lost to trash programs like Cincinnati and played in empty gyms. For basketball I would hate losing what we currently have but the money just isn't there and running the risk of losing a seat at the table would obviously be devastating. It would be the end and I can't say with 100% certainty it wouldn't happen at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom