UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 22 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
And yet Kansas (151), Arizona (115), AZ State (105), Colorado (105) and Utah (115) area all AAU.

UConn (58)

Baylor (93)
TCU (98)
Arizona State (105)
Colorado (105)
Arizona (115)

BYU (115)
Iowa State (115)
Utah (115)
UCF (124)
Houston (133)
Cincinnati (142)
Kansas (151)
K State (170)
Okie Lite (185)
Texas Tech (216)
WVU (216)
So? Why should we think that ranking schools by how good they are at training undergraduates correlates directly with research grant dollars? They are looking at two different things.

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen it reported yet, but let me guess, Yormark’s presentation to the Big 12 presidents will probably be on Friday at 4pm central.
Waiting GIF
Tuesday

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
the best part about this is seeing all the Memphis fans upset by UConn being prioritized over them in realignment

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What’s crazy to me, is history will most likely state that Dan Hurley not only resurrected a storied basketball program, he will be largely responsible for saving UConn athletics.
The craziest part is that basketball might actually get us into a P4 conference. For the longest time we all thought football drove the bus but if these rumors come true, it was basketball, specifically Hurley and the past two NC teams, that did it. Unreal if this happens.

Reaction Score
The craziest part is that basketball might actually get us into a P4 conference. For the longest time we all thought football drove the bus but if these rumors come true, it was basketball, specifically Hurley and the past two NC teams, that did it. Unreal if this happens.
UConn could be the first school in history to actually get into a power conference off of merit

Reaction Score
so we would be giving them the best basketball program in the country since the move back to BIG EAST, make all our other teams fly all over the country for everything, and our football team isn't even part of it??

Reaction Score
so we would be giving them the best basketball program in the country since the move back to BIG EAST, make all our other teams fly all over the country for everything, and our football team isn't even part of it??
Football would not join until 2031. But there would be benefits to football. There could be a scheduling agreement with the Big 12 for football games. Intangibles such as a boost to football recruiting. A financial commitment by the state.

Reaction Score
"I don’t believe a vote is coming soon". Ugh
Football would not join until 2031. But there would be benefits to football. There could be a scheduling agreement with the Big 12 for football games. Intangibles such as a boost to football recruiting. A financial commitment by the state.
Do you think they are just playing UConn again based on that report? I hope not.

Reaction Score
"I don’t believe a vote is coming soon". Ugh
I would have to assume a formal “vote” doesn’t happen unless the straw polls have been done. For instance, last year, I believe the ACC Calford/SMU vote didn’t happen until September after weeks of trying to sway the last few voter(s). I think it was NC State that was the decider.

Reaction Score

"If ESPN does that, all bets are off. The grant of rights likely ends up in the trash and several ACC programs hit free agency by 2028.

"In that event, the ACC will have to restock and UConn would be a desirable school for them. Yormark likely sees UConn as a pre-emptive move that benefits the Big 12 regardless of what happens in the ACC."

Reaction Score
the best part about this is seeing all the Memphis fans upset by UConn being prioritized over them in realignment
I’ve been following conference realignment since the early 2000’s, and we should not be laughing at other fan bases. I’m fully prepared for another swift kick the groin when this round of realignment ends.

Reaction Score
So? Why should we think that ranking schools by how good they are at training undergraduates correlates directly with research grant dollars? They are looking at two different things.
So? I don't need to get into a pissing match with you regarding UConn's credentials.

UConn is a highly ranked public flagship land-grant research university and I assume you know what that means. As such, there is going to be some correlation due to the number of postgraduate students.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"If ESPN does that, all bets are off. The grant of rights likely ends up in the trash and several ACC programs hit free agency by 2028.

"In that event, the ACC will have to restock and UConn would be a desirable school for them. Yormark likely sees UConn as a pre-emptive move that benefits the Big 12 regardless of what happens in the ACC."
If ESPN does not pick up the option, buying out of the GOR won't take much. The departure fee ($110 million) will still be in full force, and as it was freely agreed upon by all members, there is zero chance it can be negotiated down.

Nobody is paying that to move from the ACC to the B-12.

Reaction Score
If ESPN does not pick up the option, buying out of the GOR won't take much. The departure fee ($110 million) will still be in full force, and as it was freely agreed upon by all members, there is zero chance it can be negotiated down.

Nobody is paying that to move from the ACC to the B-12.
Probably not. I believe the author was referring to schools potentially leaving for the P2 and then having to backfill the ACC.

"First, the Big 12 is monitoring what is happening in the ACC with Clemson and Florida State. The two schools are clearly pushing for freedom to explore membership with other conferences. To be clear, I don’t believe the Big 12 is at the top of either schools’ list. The Big Ten and the SEC are."

Reaction Score
UConn being in the Big 12 would be great financially. But it’s not worth getting emotionally invested in. I truly believe Yormark wants us, but that won’t mean much if the votes aren’t there. Either we get the big 12 invite and work up our football program, or stay in the Big East. I can think of worse outcomes than having to stay in the Big East. We will keep going either way, we always have. Just be prepared for a kick in the nuts if you get your hopes up, just saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom