UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Only a dope would not understand that WBB has value, it’s greater than zero. Thats why SNY has a contract and ESPN shows their games In prime time. This is coming from a lifelong MBB fan and a football season ticket holder until 2017.
I acknowledged that every bit counts. I’m sure yormark agrees and hopefully the rest of the big12 does too. But the women’s team is coming along for the ride like it or not. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a better or worse women’s bball conference which was being debated.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was under the assumption based on the Zanetto tweet "that this is only the beginning" the ACC was about to implode in the near future. But that seems unlikely given the need for a unanimous vote by all parties to dissolve their GOR. Wake Forest and any other school that won't end up in as good a deal as the ACC gives them will veto the dissolution. The summer of 2036 or slightly before that will be when the ACC will dissolve if it were to happen. So what is available for the B12 to take besides UConn if we get the invite? Memphis? Someone from the Pacific NW? Or are we being valued by someone outside of ourselves as valuable in our own right to make this move? Going to be a nervous few days for me.

Reaction Score
So what is available for the B12 to take besides UConn if we get the invite?
Conferences can have an odd number of teams since they’re all getting rid of divisions. ACC has 17 so big12 doesn’t have to invite anyone else until 2036. The timing would be great with UConn becoming a full member by 2031.

Reaction Score
We've been here too many times before. My attitude will be a long and sustained "meh" until the contracts are actually signed.
There is no possible way there can be this much chatter about UConn to the XII 2 years in a row only to pull the football away yet again. It would simply be too outrageous and egregious. I can't focus on anything else right now, this is too important.

Yet I am fully expecting the syncronicity of events, the iron boot of CR solidly and squarely kicking my cajones into my stomach, just as Sting so eloquently belted his prediction.

Reaction Score
I thought someone said that Lamont is on the UConn board of Trustees. He should be deeply involved and the state has a pretty good surplus this year. And I am happy to pay extra for my electric bill if the next tax goes to support UConn sports. FYI, I am not thrilled with my electric bill.

Jonathan Dach, Senior Advisor to Governor Ned Lamont, is on the UConn board

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen it reported yet, but let me guess, Yormark’s presentation to the Big 12 presidents will probably be on Friday at 4pm central.
Waiting GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is no possible way there can be this much chatter about UConn to the XII 2 years in a row only to pull the football away yet again. It would simply be too outrageous and egregious. I can't focus on anything else right now, this is too important.

Yet I am fully expecting the syncronicity of events, the iron boot of CR solidly and squarely kicking my cajones into my stomach, just as Sting so eloquently belted his prediction.

seinfeld jackie GIF

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen it reported yet, but let me guess, Yormark’s presentation to the Big 12 presidents will probably be on Friday at 4pm central.
Waiting GIF
One notable difference this time around is that this has been out for a few days and we haven’t seen any Big XII ADs or mouthpieces trying to take us down. I think the football runway really takes most of the resistance off the table, and based on the language I’ve seen used I wouldn’t be surprised if football is ahead of 2031.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is good or really, really bad. Lolz
For now, I'm gonna go with this is all just a continuation of the process that began last year, so we're good here. Evidently, we weren't just being jerked around for leverage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For now, I'm gonna go with this is all just a continuation of the process that began last year, so we're good here. Evidently, we weren't just being jerked around for leverage.
Or still are...

Or aren't, but still won't get an invite...

There's a whole lot of possibilities here.

Reaction Score
FWIW, UConn would be the highest rated school academically in the Big 12 at #58 (per US News). The next two would be Baylor at #93 and TCU at #98.
UConn media needs to be out there preaching all the great stuff about UConn. There is so much ignorance about Uconn in the B12 land that they have no clue they are getting one of the best schools out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom