5) UConn 6) Cuse* 7) Pitt* 8) VT*
9) NCST* 10) Duke* 11) GT* 12) UCF

MW: Cal/Stanford/SMU
AAC: BC/Wake
BIG: UNC/UVA/Notre Dame
SEC: Clemson/FSU/Miami
That would be Sweet!

Reaction Score
Does the SEC want those teams? Have Florida and University of South Carolina changed their minds?
The only attraction that Clemson and FSU have for the SEC is to block the B1G from access to the region. You can add Georgia to the list of schools with no interest in elevating either of those programs to parity.

UNC, Miami, UVA would likely be the desired adds on recruiting grounds and stamping the league as all things southern sports by keeping Virginia and North Carolina home.

Reaction Score
Im Back Wake Up GIF

Reaction Score
GOKu welcome back I posted yesterday only thing better would have been you breaking the news.
Also while I can get on board with a on campus stadium, I would guess the most likely answer is we dust off the existing plans to add more seating around the bowl. For bigger games in the near future we can do the bleachers like they used for Michigan. I guess I am in minority but I like the Rent think it can be a great venue and is ripe for development around it. It seems like the path of least resistance and most logical at this point.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the football part really blows. That is the one sport that would benefit the most from this move and to push entry 5 years after our initial entry is bogus. However, it makes sense if you think back to the last time we were passed over. What was the continued reasons being given for why we weren't selected? The Big12 presidents couldn't swallow taking in our abysmal football team. So what did Yormark do, he told them that we'd take all of UConn BUT FB now and give them 5 years and we'll add them then. The money increase should help he believes.

Now my hope, is that they make some sort of scheduling arrangement where we play 2-4 Big 12 teams a season. That helps boost attendance and season ticket numbers. Shows we can support this program.

I think this was a genius move by Yormark to get the Big 12 presidents to bring UConn on board. (As much as I hate it)

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
One notable difference this time around is that this has been out for a few days and we haven’t seen any Big XII ADs or mouthpieces trying to take us down. I think the football runway really takes most of the resistance off the table, and based on the language I’ve seen used I wouldn’t be surprised if football is ahead of 2031.
Yes, I agree. I think we ease in for free on the football side sooner.

My post was just about me hitting refresh every second on this site and twitter and not getting anything done for the next week lol

Reaction Score
I think the football part really blows. That is the one sport that would benefit the most from this move and to push entry 5 years after our initial entry is bogus. However, it makes sense if you think back to the last time we were passed over. What was the continued reasons being given for why we weren't selected? The Big12 presidents couldn't swallow taking in our abysmal football team. So what did Yormark do, he told them that we'd take all of UConn BUT FB now and give them 5 years and we'll add them then. The money increase should help he believes.

Now my hope, is that they make some sort of scheduling arrangement where we play 2-4 Big 12 teams a season. That helps boost attendance and season ticket numbers. Shows we can support this program.

I think this was a genius move by Yormark to get the Big 12 presidents to bring UConn on board. (As much as I hate it)
My hope is, if/after Uconn agrees to 2031, Mora starts crushing it with multiple 8 to 10 win seasons & the B12 opts to expand the FB side sooner by pairing us with another program.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
You should have shared and become famous Like Skiblets.

Haha, I'll let Skiblets have the glory. I do not think this is happening 7 years from now either. If an invite is extended, I would bet entrance is set for '26 or '27

Reaction Score
FWIW, UConn would be the highest rated school academically in the Big 12 at #58 (per US News). The next two would be Baylor at #93 and TCU at #98.
And yet Kansas (151), Arizona (115), AZ State (105), Colorado (105) and Utah (115) area all AAU.

UConn (58)

Baylor (93)
TCU (98)
Arizona State (105)
Colorado (105)
Arizona (115)

BYU (115)
Iowa State (115)
Utah (115)
UCF (124)
Houston (133)
Cincinnati (142)
Kansas (151)
K State (170)
Okie Lite (185)
Texas Tech (216)
WVU (216)

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
And yet Kansas (151), Arizona (115), AZ State (105), Colorado (105) and Utah (115) area all AAU.

UConn (58)

Baylor (93)
TCU (98)
Arizona State (105)
Colorado (105)
Arizona (115)

BYU (115)
Iowa State (115)
Utah (115)
UCF (124)
Houston (133)
Cincinnati (142)
Kansas (151)
K State (170)
Okie Lite (185)
Texas Tech (216)
WVU (216)
UConn would also have the 2nd lowest endowment of any Big 12 schools, by a long shot. Would only be ahead of Central Florida Community College. Hard to believe that WVU has a drastically higher endowment than UConn. Need to step it up.

Reaction Score

UConn (58)

Baylor (93)
TCU (98)
Arizona State (105)
Colorado (105)
Arizona (115)

BYU (115)
Iowa State (115)
Utah (115)
UCF (124)
Houston (133)
Cincinnati (142)
Kansas (151)
K State (170)
Okie Lite (185)
Texas Tech (216)
WVU (216)
UConn is definitely AAU viable and UMass likely is as well. I hear the proverbial "Yale, Harvard, MIT etc... blackball UConn" - is there any truth to it?

Reaction Score
Do you have a guess Biz?
Guess as to what. What percentage of a payment to a conference if for hoops? Presumably if you’re really talking about fair market value it would vary conference by conference. The percentage of TV revenue attributable to football is certainly higher in the SEC than in the ACC. And it would vary school by school. The percentage of revenue that Duke would get for football would be far less than the percentage FSU would get for football.

Whatever payment the average Big XII school would get for hoops, and I don’t know that percentage of the total it would be, UConn’s basketball rights would be worth far more. But is that how we will be valued? Who the heck knows.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guess as to what. What percentage of a payment to a conference if for hoops? Presumably if you’re really talking about fair market value it would vary conference by conference. The percentage of TV revenue attributable to football is certainly higher in the SEC than in the ACC. And it would vary school by school. The percentage of revenue that Duke would get for football would be far less than the percentage FSU would get for football.

Whatever payment the average Big XII school would get for hoops, and I don’t know that percentage of the total it would be, UConn’s basketball rights would be worth far more. But is that how we will be valued? Who the heck knows.
TL;DR: "No"

Reaction Score
My hope is, if/after Uconn agrees to 2031, Mora starts crushing it with multiple 8 to 10 win seasons & the B12 opts to expand the FB side sooner by pairing us with another program.
Well now he can start telling recruits we’re joining the big12 instead of the acc. Or he can double down on the big12 angle. I can’t remember what he was telling them…

Reaction Score
Well now he can start telling recruits we’re joining the big12 instead of the acc. Or he can double down on the big12 angle. I can’t remember what he was telling them…
But they won't see it and he probably won't see it either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom